• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Probably a super n00b mistake, issue with Give Pokemon Script.

I have a serious issue with my Pokemon giving script.

I am using PKSV-UI and selecting the "Give Pokemon" from the script generator, which, absolutely freaking wonderful program, love it a lot so far, but there is one annoying issue. When I take my Cleffa, it goes into my party, but the Pokeball remains. It sets itself up as a person script, which seems to be how it always is, but I cannot find in any of the tutorials how to make the Pokeball vanish after I take the Pokemon. Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    You need to set a flag in the script after you give the Pokemon and set the person ID in Amap to that flag.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Couldn't you use hidesprite 0xXX?

I think they may be able to hide the pokemon sprite after its taken.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You need to do both of the above things :).

1) Use "hidesprite" in the script to make it disappear momentaily
    2) Set a flag that matches the Person ID of the pokeball event just afterwards to make the disappearance permenant.

Be careful with your flags, you may be using a temporary one. Check out this tutorial for more information and recommended flags to use.

Right now you can only take the Cleffa once and the Pokeball vanishes once you leave the room, so I am assuming that means that I am close? And I am so bad I cannot even successfully save scripts most of the time. I just changed a bit of text in the mom conversation and now she for some reason hands you infinite Pokeballs and when I open that script it is empty.

Back