• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Problem with cache moves animations

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Hello, I have a problem with the script to store the moves animations (from Reborn) in the cache (u can see the post here: ).

The problem is that by adding this script :

Spoiler:

The game will store in cache the moves animations. This is good as it will eliminate the seconds of delay when using a move. So far so good, but after finishing a battle, the game goes from looking like this:

Spoiler:

to looking like this:

Spoiler:

As you can see, the game lowers its performance and the character seems to make small frame jumps. The game will also randomly crash.

Thank you for the help!

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I hope someone finds a fix, as it's either this or having a move take 1.5 seconds to load every time it loads an attack animation in EBS...

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    I noticed if you adding the animations one by one, manually, it won't have any delay about the animations.

Yeah I did add 50 while ago and I gave up. LOL
    I'll wait to v18 be released to do that with all Reborn's animations.

Back