• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with extracted project

Years
    Hello. Today I decided to compress my game in order to create a demo for some of my friends to test. Before compressing, however, I tested in both the Game.rxproj and Game.exe. Everything was fine (As far as I could see), which made go for the compressing, but not before removing the editor tools. When my game compressed, I decided to try if the compression was good. I hit the new game button and everything seemed fine as well, until I had to pick my character name. As soon as I pick it and pressed the OK button, I got a window with a huge error, followed by another error, which I don't know how to solve.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Can anyone, please, help me to solve this?
    Thanks in advance!

Years
    I was unable to reproduce this bug, not because it worked fine when I tried it, but because when I compressed and encrypted a copy of v16.1, the resultant file refused to run for me. I couldn't even get a compressed game to run, let alone try to reproduce this bug.

Turns out my problems were related to this bug. I fixed it, and now I can open compressed files!

Here's the solution:

In the script section Compiler, find def pbCompileTrainers. Spy the string of random letters (in the line beginning record=pbGetCsvRecord) and change the last letter (s) to a capital (S):

Code:
      records=[]
      trainernames=[]
      count=0
      maxValue=0
      pbCompilerEachPreppedLine("PBS/trainertypes.txt"){|line,lineno|
         record=pbGetCsvRecord(line,lineno,[0,"unsUSSSeU[COLOR=Red]s[/COLOR]", # ID can be 0
            nil,nil,nil,nil,nil,nil,nil,{
            ""=>2,"Male"=>0,"M"=>0,"0"=>0,"Female"=>1,"F"=>1,"1"=>1,"Mixed"=>2,"X"=>2,"2"=>2
            },nil,nil]
         )
    A little further down, find and delete this line:

Code:
    record[9]="" if !record[9]
    Games will now work. However, there will be an error when checking for a particular skill code. To fix that, go into the script section PokeBattle_Trainer, and find def hasSkillCode(code) and replace it with the following:

Code:
      def hasSkillCode(code)
        c=skillCode
        return true if c!=nil && c!="" && c[/#{code}/]
        return false
      end
    Resolved!

Back