• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Problems Using GTS (Need Help Troubleshooting)

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    OK, so I got the official Nintendo Wireless USB Adapter on Friday. I've used it Friday evening and all day Saturday with near-flawless results; no disconnects, nothing. But this morning as I try to log into GTS to check the status of a Squirtle I put up, it keeps disconnecting me before I even get to the GTS center. Here's my setup:

-Windows XP Pro
    -Official Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, plugged into a known-good USB 1.0 port; this is the same port I used yesterday, and I used it to connect my MP3 player this morning to put new songs on.
    -DS Lite, Onyx
    -Pokemon Pearl, beaten Pokemon League, over 300 Pokemon seen in Pokedex.
    -Comcast Cable Internet connection

And as I'm here doing it again, let me describe what I do:
    1. I go to GTS, and talk to the lady at the reception counter. I save.
    2. I head in, and it asks me to connect. I say OK.
    3. I notice that the signal strength is three bars (green), but it tells me that I'm disconnected anyway.
    4. Upon checking my connection with my adapter through the WFC Settings, I find that it's perfectly normal. I can repeat all of these steps changing whatever the hell I like in those settings, but it does the same thing.

Any idea of what I should try next?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Have you tried reading the instruction manual and following all the steps carefully? Steady configuration is required to get the USB Adapter up and running. You also need to authorize your DS onto the access list before connecting. Are you sure you've done that? If the instruction manual containts a run-through summary of the steps you need to do, I suggest you go over that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Wait; you're saying the adapter worked before? Then why don't you try re-installing the software? Maybe that'll help?

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    Might help to take note if you are getting a specific error. All I know is that if you are getting a 52103 error (with this error, I see during connection that I get 3 bars for a moment, then it goes back to none), your firewall is most likely getting in the way. Why my USB adapter chooses to work sometimes with the firewall on, and sometimes not, I can't really say, but when I get that error, I turn off my firewall for a brief period.

Don't know anything if it isn't a 52103 error though, sorry. x_x

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    My advice: Wait a while, then try again. I was having trouble earlier today as well, but my connection signal is just fine. The GTS system's probably just overloaded.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    This is why I don't think you should allow people with no experience with computers try and help with a computer related problem... Do you have a wireless router or modem? I should learn to read...

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Anyway... Try powercycling the usb connector... In other words, unplug it, wait about 30 seconds to a minute and plug it back in... Wait for it to reload everything and try again... If that doesn't work I've got a couple other ideas.

Back