• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Problems with Hacked Pokemon?

grassguy

All hail Grovyle!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    If a pokemon is hacked but caught as a lv.3 and trained up from there, what's wrong with using that pokemon in Wifi battles?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    The fact that it was hacked in the first place is why it can't be used. You can't use any hacks, even if it is something little like that.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Because things like IVs work straight from the start. Once a hack, always a hack.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    How are its IV's, and does it bypass the 510 EV limit?

Usually, it depends on the battler.

Light Azelf

See the light.
    Years
    sorry, i new. WTF are IVs?

Individual Values. We have our own thread about this in S&M, and since this Diamond / Pearl info you desire...

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123757 Click on the link.

I'll quote, as well:

IV Breeding Guide

So I've maxed out all my EVs in my Salamence's Attack Stat. And I compared my Salamence's Attack stat with another one and that Salamence's Attack stat is still higher! What is happening? Well, you'd be surprised that the EVs of a Pokémon's stats! IVs are another value that can help a Pokémon get stronger. IV stands for Individual Values.

IVs in every stat (HP, Speed, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense) can range from a number of 0 – 31. Of course, the higher the number is – the better. IVs have the most effect on a Pokémon's stats. Take Shuckle for example. While measuring its Defense and Special Defense, you realize that there is a 75 Point difference! Shuckle's Defense and Special Defense stats are both at a sturdy 230, but how come there is such a broad difference in the stats?

IVs are determined by random on every pokémon except if you breed. When you breed, the IVs of the parents will influence the offspring to some degree. 3 out of 6 of the offsprings's IVs are based on the parents' IVs. The rest are determined randomly. For example, if you're breeding a male Camerupt with a female Camerupt, the male Camerupt may give their Attack and Speed IVs to the offspring while the female gives its HP IVs to the offspring. Occasionally if the IV value is the same on both parents, the same IVs for a stat will influence the child. Meaning that only 2 IVs of a stat will be given to the child.

Yes, IVs need a lot of time and patience, and a little bit of luck. So don't get mad if you get the bad babies, time is the answer...

To find out how many IVs your pokémon has, check out Metalkid's IV calculator.

Any further questions about IV Breeding should be posted in Strategies and Movesets's Sub Forum - Breeder's Corner.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    It usually depends on the trainers you battle. Some will accept, some won't... usually they won't. ;D

IVs and EVs play a big part in it too.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    no hacks are allowed, even if you caught it at lvl 3. As mentioned it may have artificially good IVs or be maxed out on evs and then some! Also, if that is allowed where is the line? Now would hacks below lvl 3 be allowed? what if they had hacked movesets, should those be allowed? or if they are artificially shiny? If some hacks were allowed and some weren't there would be a lot of unnecessary confusion. Moral of the story- Just raise your own pokemon, and if you don't want to put in the time to get them the way you want or at least trade for them, then you don't deserve to have them

Back