• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Problems with Tileinserting

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hi,

i just had to start all over with my hack because at some point an error must have occured somewhere and many maps where corrupted in the end which were completely fine before (in AM they´re normal but ingame crashes occur or the graphics are messed up) and so i decided i could use some better looking tilesets for the next try (the last clean backup was too far away so there´s no big difference between starting all over again or doing everything again). I know that there are hundreds of tutorials out there, but I stil can´t get it to insert some new trees or whatever else. I tried a few ways but none seems to work for me correctly.

1) I used the "Image to Tiles" function of "Tilemap Studio", but with the created palette file I couldn´t import it into AM 1.95 (error: wrong image format). I then used "tileHelperAdvance" to convert it and get another palette file, but AM then said again that the format of the image would be wrong (I also tried to change the format of the palettefile, but it didn´t work regardless if I chose AM 1.92, 1.95 or a normal pal file), or when I tried it with AM 1.92 i get the message that the "DIB is invalid".

2) I created a new tileset in AM, saved it, put the tiles together manually in "Paint" and saved it as 24-Bit-DIB. Importing straight away wasn´t possible because I didn´t had a palette file. I then ran again the tilehelper, but it still didn´t work. (same as 1)

3) I did the same as in 2 but at the end i opened and saved the created file of the tilehelper again as 24-Bit-DIB, and now I could import it and also the palettefile. What happened now was that the tileset 1 got corrupted (I exported tileset 2, loaded the new file in 2 and chose palette 7, so the palettes of tileset 1 shouldn´t become messed up right?), and the new tiles are all painted only in the last color of the palette.

Probably it´s a noob question, but can someone tell me where I did something wrong? In all tutorials i watched an already existing tileset is used to insert/edit the new tiles, but there shouldn´t be a difference between a "default" tileset and a new created right? I don´t know if it´s important, but i always saved the files as .bmp or .dib.

Thanks in advance and sorry if there are some mistakes in my english.

PS: Is it normal that the tilemap and tileset turns into grayscale after the "Image to Tiles"?

Back