• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Style Feedback: Profile on PokeRevolution 2.0 looks a bit... odd?

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
Years
  • Hey there! :)

I really like the PokeRevolution 2.0 style (yaaay blue and silvery grey theme with Lugia!), but... my profile looks really... borked?

Screenshot: Please look in my Album titled Scrapbook; I took a screenshot and posted it in there since I'm not allowed to post links yet as I haven't made 15 posts and I don't want to make 14 useless posts just to post a link.

Is there something wrong with my browser (everything everywhere else looks fine?) or is there something wrong with the style itself or none of the above and can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance! :)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • apparently that is an older theme that hasn't yet been updated to our current standards.. you can continue to use it, but until it's updated, you may have similar display issues.

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • Thanks for letting me know! :) I'll switch to another theme in the meanwhile (and hope that maybe the theme will be updated?).

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • I also took a quick look both in the style admin and using firebug.. I didn't find anything either.. 'course I didn't spend hours going thru all the various templates.
    may have to retire this set if we can't locate the issue.

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • CSS can do funny things sometimes for sure at times, especially when floats and positioning is involved. :S

I switched to the Squareline theme which has a similar-ish blue + silver simplistic + elegant feel and am using my Profile to display Lugia instead for now. :)

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • Sorry for the late reply!

Okay, I did some tweaking and I think I fixed the issue... try it now in whatever browser you use, I only tested in Firefox.

Sorry for the late reply!

I tested the theme in Flock which uses the Firefox browser and I tested the theme in Opera and I got the same issue that I had posted a screenshot of earlier. The right hand column of boxes (statistics, friends list, visitor list, etc) are situated in the right spot, but the main column that should be to the left of it expands and extends beyond the allotted space it should have.

It's okay if it can't be fixed; I'm using the Squareline theme and it's working for me just fine. :)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm not sure what's causing it either - I actually really like the theme and have tried to use it a few times, but the profiles are just borked. I think what happened was that it was created before vBulletin redesigned profiles, and was never updated to utilize them. Not sure if anything can be done to fix it, but it'd really be nice. I'll poke Jake about it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Just a note to staff trying to fix it.

#content {
    margin-right: 256px;

That should be at 0px or so in the profile area. That will align the header correctly. But the main issue seems to be the fact the image for the background duplicates on profiles too. Try looking at the profile templates I guess, if you haven't already. The background url property: (background: url("../../images/templates/pokerev2/body.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 transparent;) must be being inherited from the body some how. That's all I really looked at, without the XML, probably wont help but there you go.

Back