• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Profile Pictures

Guest123_x1

When I try to upload a profile pic, it says "unable to save image". Has something been misconfigured, or have Profile Pictures been disabled permanently too?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    No, they're enabled but profile pictures and avatars are kind of glitchy right now and we're not sure why. Try...uploading a different file type? *not sure what to say at this point* :x

Guest123_x1

I think maybe it has to do with the storage directory premissions (FTP) being misconfigured. A similar situation like that happened more than a year and a half ago on the Buzzboard when after switching hosting services, avatars were unable to be uploaded (although the system would say the av was successfully uploaded, the avatar would not appear as selected by the user)

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    No, they're enabled but profile pictures and avatars are kind of glitchy right now and we're not sure why. Try...uploading a different file type? *not sure what to say at this point* :x
    always or mostly the profile/ Avatar Pics get screwed up after something happens to the sever or a part of the server just re upload them or get them re-hosted

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Well then Its probibly one of those annoying little things that will go away in about a week. Besides, its a profile pic, it dosnt exactly mean the world or anything lol

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
    I think maybe it has to do with the storage directory premissions (FTP) being misconfigured. A similar situation like that happened more than a year and a half ago on the Buzzboard when after switching hosting services, avatars were unable to be uploaded (although the system would say the av was successfully uploaded, the avatar would not appear as selected by the user)

Yeah, you were probabvly right. Oncew I changed the permissions of the custom pictures folder i was able to upload Gifs, Jpegs, and PNG image files 150 X 150 to the server. Thanks!

Back