• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Programs you'd recommend?

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
    Years
    well, lately i fell like i have too slow of something, or its outta date.

so i was wondering what programs you'd guys would recommend to boost your computer experiance.

first, im gonna ask, are Mozilla Firefox and Thunder bird, actually different from the rest? i mean everyone says MFF is SO great, but uh..Why?

comments plz.

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Firefox is WAY better than IE, though some sites don't offer full Firefox viewing support. It has pop-up blockers, tabbed browsing, is highly secure, and that is more than enough reason for even Bill Gates to use it.
    I havent used Thunderbird so I dunno abt it.
    And what kind of boost in computer experience are you talking about? Like freeing RAM software or more of the security type ones?

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Mwar, I as well would suggest FireFox, but if yar low on RAM don't download too many extensions as they tend to make FF load slower on slower comps [like mine]. Adblock is a must-have FireFox extension, mwar.

And I never tried Thunderbird either, as I never use offline email, mwar.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    It's great because it lags and freezes.Seriously,If you want to have a lagging browser,
    Firefox is the way to go.I've also said this on SPPF.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I like Firefox, works great on my computer, stops ads, is safer, etc...

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    MewthreeXL said:
    It's great because it lags and freezes.Seriously,If you want to have a lagging browser,
    Firefox is the way to go.I've also said this on SPPF.
    No, it doesn't lag or freeze. If it does that, then maybe you don't have a fast enough of a processor, doubt it, or you don't have enough memory in your computer.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Nine said:
    [...]is safer[...]
    No it's not.
    Firefox got Security leaks also.
    Even if most of them are not know yet, (some are even known btw o_O).
    There was already a way discovered to avoind FFs popup-blocker.
    So it's only time when there will be as much exploits as for IE.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Scizz said:
    No it's not.
    Firefox will never have as many expliots as IE. IE uses ActiveX which has to be the stupidist idea ever. "Let the webmaster look at the computer and control it." Real smart Microsoft, real smart. ActiveX covers probally 80% of the holes. The other 10% are found and explioted because people hate Microsoft. So that leaves Firefox only having about 10% of the holes as IE. Open-source really helps too because patches can come out in hours like it does with Linux instead of months like Microsoft.
    EDIT: Ii just occurs to me now, why doesn't Microsoft just get rid of ActiveX?

Last edited:

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Scizz said:
    No it's not.
    Fact: I personally get less viruses when using FF than IE. Whenever I use IE, it gives me more viruses than anything else.
    Opinion: It owns IE.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Fire Fox has the ability to have Tabs like Opera, and I dunno if it's on any others but you can go to 'Go' and it'll show the last 10 web pages you've visited instead of having to go through History if you turn off your computer or it screws up.

Thunderbird is great. I only ever recieved viruses on Outlook. So it must work. XD It's got a spam blocker and everything...

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Kip-kip said:
    No, it doesn't lag or freeze. If it does that, then maybe you don't have a fast enough of a processor, doubt it, or you don't have enough memory in your computer.
    Do you mean RAM,or regular memory?I don't know about RAM,but I have
    102.8 GB on my hard drive's regular memory.

I would not use Firefox,if I were you.It is better than IE,but not as good
    as Avant or Netscape.

My suggestion,use Avant.

Back