• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Minasia: A new region based off Malaysia

Years
  • After bumping my head about 50 times while trying to learn and understand ROM hacking, I decided to come out and ask for someone to mentor me for this project.

For anyone interested, I present to you: PROJECT MINASIA (version names still not determined)

You, the player (Male: Humphrey or Female: Harmony) just moved into the Minasia region and will set out on your journey as usual to get 8 badges and become the region's champion!

But along the way you encounter 3 evil and typist (pokemon version of racism) teams. Team Ignite, Team Riptide, and Team Parasite. They want to create a world where their chosen type pokemon (Ignite: Fire, Riptide: Water, Parasite: Grass) are the dominant pokemon of the region, thus eliminating all other types that have a type matchup with (super effective types are deemed evil and less effective types are deemed unworthy). You must stop them before they take control of the legendary and overpowered fire water and grass pokemon!

TEAM IGNITE: Similar to Team Magma, they are very organised and tech loving, having built their base under a barren island. They are endlessly searching for the powerful Fire type legendary thought to live in a volcano that went dormant long ago, as that pokemon's ability renders water type moves completely useless! This is to finally brand the fire type as the one and only superior type.

TEAM RIPTIDE: A lot more technologically advanced than all the other teams but are freelancers. They don't like to be bound by rules and they will scour the entire region in search of the terrific Water type legendary thought to live on the seabed right off the coast of your starting town, because that pokemon's ability renders all grass type moves utterly useless! All this effort to prove once and for all that Water is the superior type.

TEAM PARASITE: A systematic team that relies on nothing but their sheer determination, pokemon and raw power. With their base located in the deep jungle, authorities have the worst time trying to find this team who's goal is to capture the titanic Grass type legendary thought to live atop a hill buried in deep deep jungle, as they plan to use that pokemon's ability to negate all Fire type moves used against it to ingrain in everyone's thoughts that Grass is the superior type.

Your clumsy but somehow skilled in battle best friend, Humphrey/Harmony (depends on who you chose to play as) will help you on your journey , providing useful info, and even participate in a gym battle together with you. They will be present at most climatic as well as most inconvenient of times, and is it me or do they have a crush on the player? Hmmmm... They will choose the weaker starter to yours, but they will be catching up to you extremely fast, having level upped their pokemon team to sometimes even exceed the gym leaders you haven't even defeated yet!

Kian, your calm and collected pen pal best friend that you finally get to meet after so long. Son of the professor and will be helping you for the first part of your journey as a mentor. Somewhere down the line of your journey, his easily-influenced mind suddenly catches wind of the evil team's plans and ideals. This sways him away and eventually he will be and top notch admin of an evil team! He so happens to have same type starter as you and join its corresponding evil team. (For example: If you chose the fire starter, he will be shown to have one later on, and then he will join Team Ignite.) Eventually he will be the first of his team to reach the legendary his team is looking for, and ends up being possessed by said enraged legendary, and thus you will battle Ignite/Riptide/Parasite Admin Kian, as he and the ancient pokemon are now one. P.S. He will be a major villain in the post game.

Samantha, that girl that seems to constantly bully Humpfrey/Harmony for not being a typist like her. She starts off as an intimidating bully, (basically acting like Blue/Green in a Kanto playthrough except her attitude is just stinky), but then as she is exposed to the horrid actions of the evil teams, she will come to appreciate that other types deserve praise too and being a typist is just terrible. She will have the starter with an advantage over you and thus be biased toward that type. She will come to realise her mistakes and in the end, she will be the final trainer you face in the Pokemon Tournament.

Speaking of the tournament, in this region, there is NO VICTORY ROAD, instead there will be a tournament where you will face 4 ace trainers before you get to challenge the pokemon league. And as stated earlier, the final ace trainer you will battle before the league, is Samantha.

I have so much more planned for this ROM Hack but I really lack development skills. I would really really appreciate if someone were able to show me the ropes and possibly collaborate with me to create this ROM Hack together. If you are interested, or if you have other feedback, please reply! That's all see ya!

Back