• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project PS; The Pokemon shifter case, part 1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Like when you didn't tell her that it was a pair of LG goons who were after Squirt? Teioh asked, his 'voice' a bit sharper than intended, Yes, I know about that. I happened to hear your conversation last night when I was scavenging for food. I'm not proud about eavesdropping. he added quickly And I understand your concern, Mara's a good person and I don't want to see her hurt or paniced anymore than you do. But are you sure she will forgive you for hiding things from her again?

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
    (If it entails our well-being, then I'm sure she would. Tht said, I'll make a slihght proposal to her now...) Seth replied.

"Say Mara..." Seth said to her, turning his attention to his fellow trainer. "Maybe we should take Teioh with us and leave town. I'm sure that the longer we stay here, the more likely we'll get caught. What do you say?"

==========================================

[Meanwhile, back in Rikku's room...]

The phone in the off corner began to ring and fill the room with its sound. It finally stopped ringing, and then the automated womanly voice began to speak:

["Hello, this is trainer suite A6 at the Balutaenos City Pokemon Center. We are currently unavailable, so please leave a message at the sound of the tone."]

*BEEP!*

Then, a pair of two familiar voices on the other end of the linre began to speak...

["Good morning, Ms. Starr..."]

["We trust that you had... Pleasant dreams?"]

["Anyhow, that does not matter, for you see..."]

["Your services are required by us..."]

["So please, do remember to get back to us..."]

["Oh, and... Do be a good girl, Ms. Starr..."]

["That is... If you truly care for what is at stake..."]

["Have a nice day..."]

*BEEP!*

The woman's voice spoke again...

["End of message."]

(OOC: Also, because it seems to have dissappeared, here is the region map again...)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I hope you're right... Teioh sent back before breaking the link. He listened to the way Seth made his case; there was nothing directly dishonest about it, just a lot of obscured truth. The boy didn't really know if this was a good thing or a bad one. Seth meant good, that was for sure. But he was also very confident in his ability to percieve what was good for everyone, without bothering to consult them about it. But that, he thought for himself is something I can help with. Two heads are better than one, and I can always tell Mara or Squirt if Seth won't.. He turned to face the two trainers, awaiting the girl's reply with a measure of anxiety, his left ear twitching tentatively.

Last edited:

Kiora

7H3 33V33 4ND L47|475 L0V3
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 12, 2006
    Lati woke up...again...but she felt different....She stood up slowly and looked at Tala,whose head seemed higher than usual, and whose eyes were filled with bewilderment...{Tala, Whats wrong...?} Her voice seemed different too...

"Um...Lati...you..you arn't an Eevee anymore..." tala said softly.

{WHAT?!?!?} Lati exclaimed, looking at herself....{wha...? I..I'm a mudkip?!?!?}

Myst shook his head curiously...{yah, you looked at me, blacked out, then turned into me...I dunno why, but....hmmm}

{What happened to me..i...i can change...?} Lati asked{..this could be useful...i wonder if i could....}

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Okay, I'm finally here! >_<

Mara
    ------------

Mara turned her head toward Seth, "Yeah, I agree. All these weird guys wandering around looking for you two, we should probably get outta here."

Squirt was eyeing Seth and Teioh as they conversed telepathically, and wondered what they had been discussing so seriously. However, she was sure that if it were something very important, then they would have told them right away.

Thinking to herself for a second, she looked from Seth to Teioh and folded her arms. "And I am coming with you two to help you of course. I mean, I have a sneaky feeling that those men who were after Squirt were also the ones after you two," she added, "Besides, I've been traveling alone for quite some time now, and it's really boring. To have some friends to be with would be a nice change." She still didn't realize just how much potential danger she was in, but would she have cared if she knew?

Mara hoped she didn't overstep her bounds too much by calling the two boys 'friends'. After being a part of something as serious as this; what else could they be?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Friends? Teioh felt a mixture of happiness and guilt at this statement, particularly the latter since he had just agreed to keep a secret from her, but he pushed that thought aside. It's settled then. he 'said' And...it means a lot to be called 'friend' for a change. he added, his tail wagging a bit on its own accord as a positive wave of gratitude coursed through the link It's been a good while since I've had any real friends who actually remained-. He cut of the sentence in the middle, afraid to highlight what had happened to Biggs and Limpy and decided to change the subject. Anyway, we should get moving as fast as we can then...better not push our luck with the local operatives. Oh, and feel free to send me out into battle if needed, I want to put these powers of mine to good use, and as far as I'm concerned I still owe you.

Last edited:

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
    (OOC: Sorry to hold things up! Had to go to church...)

Seth beamed when he heard the word "friend" exit Mara's lips. Hestood up anx made a declarative gesture as he continued to smile.

"Alright then, it's been decided! Let's get going, my friends!"

But, just then, a slight rumbling noise was heard in the room.

(((Grrooowwl...)))

his stomach... Seth's cheeks suddenly became flushed with a slight scarlet and a beam of sweat began to drift down his brow as he began to scratch the back of his head out of the complete awkwardness of the situation.

"Hehehe..." Seth began as he chuckle nerrvously. "On second thought... Can we eat first??? I seem to be starving!"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Teioh rolled his eyes, this venture was in for a right jolly start. But he realized that Seth and Mara probably hadn't eaten breakfast yet, and it was much more convenient to let them eat here than to go straggling and let fatigue and hunger create tension in the party. Alright... he replied But try to make it quick, alright? No need to take unnecessary risks. For the sake of convenience I'll just pretend that I belong to one of you. And I think it's better if you'd eat somewhere else than in the pok?mon center mess hall. People might pose awkward questions about a missing Espeon if you do. Teioh strode over to the door. Let's be off then, shall we?

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years

Mara
    ----------

"Hm...," Mara said, rubbing her own stomach, "I agree, let's get a quick bite and then zoom out of here."

{Yes, very quick,} Growlithe said with a nod.

With that, Mara opened up the door and cast a careful eye down the hallway before exiting with a slight nod to Seth and Teioh that the coast was clear. Growlithe seemed to make it his job to stand in front of Mara; protecting her from the foes yet to be seen.

Squirt seemed to think of it as funny.

{Oh! Look out Growlithe! There's an invisible headless Chansey that's going to spit on us! Attack it!} she squealed, hardly concealing her giggles.

{It's not funny,} growled the dog, throwing a glare at her after almost attacking a drinking fountain, {It's serious business.}

Squirt folded her arms, {Oh, you never want to have any fun.}

Mara walked out of the Pokemon Center, and Mara suggested finding a fast food place. That would be fast. So they found Burger Fantasy, and went in and looked at the menu. "Well, there's eggs, sausage, the usual... ooh they even have pancakes! I think that's what I'll ha--." But upon remembering the look on Teioh's face about hurrying, she quickly changed her mind.

"Okay then, how about a breakfast burrito? Those are easy and fast to eat," she said, going up to the ordering spot and ordering one. She grabbed it, ate it, and was ready to go in no time at all.

All that was left was to wait for the others; namely Seth.

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
    Seth simply decided to order some hash browns, a quick and tasty meal and two small, disposable plastic cups of OJ with matching plastic straws. It was fast, it was cheap, and furthermore, a good way to start the day. After paying the 500 pokedollars for his meal, Seth then went back to where the others were, quickly wolfing the hash browns down and chucking the cardboard container into a nearby garbage bin, and had stuck one straw in the foil cover of his small OJ container, taking a sip before hand the other to Mara.

"You may want to rehydrate- We're gonna be traveling, so it may be a while before we have nothr oppurtunity to do so. Good way to wake up, too!"

After doing so, he made a quick stop to the general store in the pokemon center and bought a white knapsack, a small cold-storage bag and 4 bottles of fresh water right out of the freezer, pitting them in the storage bag after he left the store and stowing them away in his slightly medium-sized knapsack, which took only about three minutes. He smiled confidently as he closed in on the group.

"Well, now that we're done," He said amiably."Does anyone feel that they need to use the restroom before we set off?"

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years

Mara
    -----------

"No, I'm fine," replied Mara, looking out toward the road, "Let's get going."

Squirt nodded. She felt like staying out of her pokeball even though she would have normally been in it. Mara had even offered for the tiny turtle to go in, but she had refused. Plus, it was clear that Growlithe had stayed out even though he would've wanted a rest, so she was going to do the same.

Mara looked a bit puzzled, "Where are we headed anyway? We must have some destination in mind, I mean, we can't just go willy-nilly around the whole continent without a plan. Though I do agree we should at least go anywhere to get away from this city."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I agree... Teioh, who had been silent this far, commented at Mara's statement, addressing the whole group for the convenience of it, You have a disturbing tendency to keep your friends in the dark mister Wayes, no offence meant. I would appreciate knowing our destination as well.

Teioh was aware that his statements towards Seth had a hard edge to them, but he couldn't explain why. It just happened.

Sorry... he added I can't seem to form a single sentence today without making it sound offensive. Excuse me... the Umbreon regained his previous silence, striding a bit ahead of the group but keeping his senses peeled and his ears attuned to the conversation.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years

Mara
    -----------

Mara looked over to Teioh with a slightly surprised look. He did have a way of coming off as a bit rude, but... he wasn't as bad as others Mara knew.

Squirt walked up to the side of him. {Oh it's okay, look at Growlithe, he always sounds grumpy and rude. Actually, I think it's become something of a habit of his,} she said to Teioh, smiling.

Growlithe made a snort, but then remained his usual silent self.

{Besides,} she continued, {You forget that when you speak psychically, your thoughts are your words. You don't have time to double-check them as you would when you you're talking with your mouth. They just sort of spill out.}

Growlithe raised an eyebrow, {How do you know this?}

The blue turtle's eyes glittered a bit, {I don't know... maybe it was something I used to know in my past,} she paused and the shrugged, {But who knows? I can't remember anything else, can I?}

Mara was still awaiting what Seth would say.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Teioh sighed but gave a small smile, {Thanks, Squirt.} he said {But to tell you the truth I don't quite know why I'm being so rude. I never used to be this bad as human. Not even in my thoughts and certainly not among friends.}

The youth took a pause, his brow furrowing.

{But now I feel...I don't know. Agitated, frustrated somehow. I get this feeling that something has changed, and I don't just mean my appearance.} he sighed again, his tail drooping {Maybe I should just leave...Mara and Seth have enough problems on their own, they don't need my mood swings to drag them down.}

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Hey, where's Deadly Aim?? We can't figure out where we're going without our leader?! XD

Mara
    ----------

Squirt looked sadly at the dark pokemon before her. {Nah, don't say that, you know Seth and Mara wouldn't let you just leave like that. You're like them; hunted by the same people. Whether you like it or not, I think you're stuck with us,} the turtle said, nodding, {You just need to give yourself some time to figure out the new you. After all, you just got transformed and who knows what side effects that stuff has!}

At this part, Growlithe began to eye Teioh more suspiciously. Squirt gave him a warning look.

{Oh really Growlithe,} she said as she rolled her eyes, {That doesn't mean he's going to start biting and trying to kill us all; give it a rest!}

Growlithe ignored her. She wasn't skilled or old enough to understand the responsibility that comes with having someone you've been with so long that you'd give your life to defend them. That's how he felt about Mara, and nothing Squirt could say would make him change his attitude about the world around him.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: He's started another RP in the other RPs section and, I think, a fan club somewhere. :confused: I'm sure he'll be around though.

IC:

{You're right.} Teioh replied, feeling incredibly stupid about his idea. He knew he would be a lot more helpful for his friends if he stayed with them and saw to their well being. Yes, that he would do. As repayment for his rescue and lack of manners. {And please don't take it the wrong way.} he added hastily to Squirt {I couldn't think of better company to be in and I'll do my best to protect all of you.} he glanced at Growlithe. {Even though some trust me a bit less than others. Thank you Squirt.} the Umbreon said, turning to the Squirtle, eyes gleaming with gratitude {You've really been a great friend, despite my grumpiness. If there's anything you need help with, anything at all. Don't hesitate to ask.}

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
    Suddenly stopped and scratched his head as he chuckled out of slight enbarrassment.

"Whoops! I had a feeling I forgot something..." He said as his cheeks flushed. He dug out a small device from his jacket that looked like a blue GBA SP, but instead of GBA controls and buttons, there was 2 buttons, one green, one blue, and a touchpad. It was the new 2.0 version of the Devon Pokenav. Seth hit the blue button to turn the power on, then he manuvered the the cursor and hit the button to open the map. He maneuvered the cursor over a small black dot in the near center of the region. It had a small lake near it, it's position was embedded in the hills. Seth smiled as a small box appeared next to the highlighted dot. The words "Separt Village" were clearly written in the box as Seth moved to show his friends.

"That," He said with a grin on his face."Is our next destinsation. Separt village: My hometown."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back