• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

promo mew

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    i was just looking through my old pokemon cards and saw that i had a mew with a little promo star on the right side of the card. can someone tell what promo means exactly, im not really sure.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its a "Promotion Card" meaning it doesnt belong to any specific series and I think they are worth less. You usually find them at the old movie premiers and at Burger King but its been a while.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    lol, i remember going to the movie and getting some cards with my popcorn and this must of been one of them.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    That Mew...those usually came from various promotions or Pokemon League. Somehow the Nintendo building in my area had them for free and I was getting my DS repaired and aquired about...18?
    I've given some away, but still have 15 left...

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I think (correct me if I'm wrong but) the Promo Mew and Mewtwo were released with the first Pokemon movie. Pokemon The Movie. The one where there were a bunch of cloned Pokemon-s and Mewtwo was cloned from Mew. I know for sure that the Promo Mewtwo was because I got one with the VHS that I got for Christmas that year. And, I think some theatres were even giving them out to people who went to see the movie. I'm almost positive I got my promo Mew when I did just that.

Regardless, promos are basically worthless because they're easy to obtain and nearly everyone has one.

Back