• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3: Worldwide Launch!

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
Years
  • The PS3 really doesn't look that good.

It's gunna cost an arm and a leg to buy, it uses Blu-Ray disks, which are good but not in a games console (THEY COST LOADS TO MAKE).

The only thing that intrigues me is the power, it is powerful but I don't think processors and graphics cards really matter, I meen, look at pac-man, about 4-bits of grpahics still an amazing game.

The controller.......nothing else to be said *boomerang*

and Joshy the 360 DOESN'T over heat I don't know where that rumour came from, it gets hot but....not over heat

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Zig - Take Off Every 'Zig :p said:
    and Joshy the 360 DOESN'T over heat I don't know where that rumour came from, it gets hot but....not over heat

I bet if you leave it on about a half an hour after it gets really hot it WILL over heat. :p

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • ice_blade said:
    REVOLUTION!!! This is the onli thing im gonna buy!!! Revo is amazing... I'm craving resident evil on that controller!!!

You just like the Revolution because of the controller?

Pfft

Does the controller matter? I mean, yeah, you use it to play the game and hold it for more than two hours (or if you're me, five ^.^) but one should consider the games that come on it and how enjoyable they are. Considering some of the games that Nintendo has come out with (and I'm still peeved at them for postponing Twilight Princess again) do you suppose there'll be any good games out on it?

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
    Years
  • [QUOTE="Doesn't Know what he's talking about"Joshy]I bet if you leave it on about a half an hour after it gets really hot it WILL over heat. :p[/QUOTE]

I have a 360.......... I think I know if it over heats or not.

and to test this I left on last night.........It's fine

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Worldwide release... but a late worldwide release... meaning US, Europe, Japan, and any other country Sony plans to ship to can all wait together

@Andy
    I wouldn't worry about BluRay increasing the PS3's prices- Considering a couple years ago players were $20,000+, prices for them should go down quickly. DVD players were just the same years ago, and last time I checked(which was a while ago...) HVD players(or were they burners?) were $200k.
    New big formats always start out pricey, but in a couple years they'll be pocket-change.

In any case, I'm kinda glad that Sony chose to wait. This should cause production prices to go way lower by time of it's release(meaning they might lower the console's price to something acceptable)- but at the expense of torturing it's loyal fans with [even more!] wait-time. Heck, by then their Cell might shrink down to a 65nm process by time of it's release.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • I predicted Sony would wait way before the release of the X-Box 360...now the 360 is dead face it...but hey if I have to pay 500 dollars for it, who am I kidding 500 dollars is nothing to me...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • ^Big spender.. XD

I would complain about the price, but now that I have a job I can easily pay for it myself, and just use one of my paychecks and still have enough money for one game. But $500+ tax is still alot of money no matter how you look at it...

Back