• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psychic and Fighting

Astere

Trying to get better ^_^;
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    For a while I've heard of psychic pokemon and fighting pokemon kind of being enemies well basically from the trainers who train them and I was wondering while I was looking over gallade and gardevoir, would a all fighting and all psychic pokemon team work in competative battles, tell me should I even bother trying to make this happen or should I just give it up I all already have some pretty strong fighting and psychic types just taking up space in the pc thank you for your comments.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah, someone with the right Pokemon could just pick off your whole team. That's why you always have to have balance.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Well theoretically speaking it would work well, Psychics are great at the Special Attackers while the Fighters are great at being Physical. So you could have them on the same team, but then adding in some walls and utility pokes to complete the team

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Psychic/Fighting cover each others' weaknesses pretty well defensive wise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Claydol/Hariyama(or Machamp)/Azelf/Heracross/Cresselia/Gallade sounds pretty balanced to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    i think you can definitely get this to work. claydol and cresselia already provide you two great walls to build your team around.

the best mono teams i've seen are mono-water. i've seen some good mono-grass teams too but those get taken out by a choice band metagross or dd salamence/ttar like you wouldn't believe. mono water however, you can make a darn good team with those. bulky waters man..

Astere

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    heh wow so many possitive responces and alot of you are right about the weaknesses but arent there some psychics and fighting that can repel it a bit like lucario and metagross since there part steel I can have them protect against those pesky dark/ghost
    enemy psychic and flying but even so I've made up my mind I'm going to try and make a succsessfull team out of this thank you all for your comments.

Astere

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    oh and I've never heard of Cressila can someone explain it to me?

Astere

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    oh never mind that post I just remembered waht it was heheh ^_^;

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Astere, do us a favour and don't triple post, ok?

Anyway, mono teams are a different sort of challenge. It's better to use dual types to add variety. Speaking of challenges, there are plenty of ways that non-ubers can take on ubers, even against uber teams. Heracross is still a well known one due to the prevalence of psychic types in ubers, and generally outspeeds everyone after a Salac Berry (with the probably exception of Speed form Deoxys).

Back