• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

psycology behind pokemon

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    i think there is one.

cuz ive been playing pokemon since R/B release. when i was in 3rd grade.

Now i'm in my second semester in college and battle with my room-mates on PBR

we get really competitive too haha

im just wondering if anyone has come across an article or something i'd just like to read it

no one huh?

well that sucks....

Last edited:

ash k.

professional spider smasher
    Years
    the only pokemon article i read was one about a type of mutated gene that cause cancer called pokemon.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I remember coming across something that did dissect the psychology of pokemon. It was borderline fan fiction thought. It was claiming Ash and the whole series was actually in a coma dreaming or hallucinating. Ash wanted to be adventurous and be the hero so he made himself a hero and adventurer. Pikachu was the sibling he never had, Misty was the girl he always wanted, Brock was the maturing side of him that was into girls, and on and on about some of the main characters in pokemon. It was pretty interesting, I read it on another forum for graphics design and stuff but i don't remember who wrote it or what it was called. But for a series as popular pokemon there has to be numerous psychological breakdowns of it just like how the Simpsons has an entire book written about it.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I remember coming across something that did dissect the psychology of pokemon. It was borderline fan fiction thought. It was claiming Ash and the whole series was actually in a coma dreaming or hallucinating. Ash wanted to be adventurous and be the hero so he made himself a hero and adventurer. Pikachu was the sibling he never had, Misty was the girl he always wanted, Brock was the maturing side of him that was into girls, and on and on about some of the main characters in pokemon. It was pretty interesting, I read it on another forum for graphics design and stuff but i don't remember who wrote it or what it was called. But for a series as popular pokemon there has to be numerous psychological breakdowns of it just like how the Simpsons has an entire book written about it.

https://ashyboy.com/coma/index.htm

Now everyone can enjoy reading it! : )

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years

really? that crazy
    the simpsons has a book too?! it is the longest running cartoon it would make sense
    thanks

Back