• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psy's Artworks

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Besides designing games and going out to do parkour/free-running, I also have a big hobby for drawing.

Psy's Artworks

I adore the nice sketchy bright-colored style, I find it very appealing, but not as much as Mudkip. XD
    Psy's Artworks

A random painting I did out of inspiration.
    Psy's Artworks

My current ID picture for my deviantArt page.
    Psy's Artworks

I had fun drawing and coloring this and I love the result. :D
    Psy's Artworks

A drawing of Quagsire in an experimental shading style.
    Psy's Artworks

I have fun making backgrounds like these, I think all of you can see that clearly.
    Psy's Artworks

A flower that was suppose to be the work of fail, but somehow miraculously it came out as a flower.
    Psy's Artworks

My favorite one so far, I really love how this turned out.

Ever since I bought myself a nice digital drawing tablet, drawing became just one bigger of a hobby for me.

No, I don't like mudkips... I love them. X3

Last edited:

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • W O W, these are really nice.

I will have to comment on the Pokemon though, that there pose isn't quite GREAT yet but getting there, i really think you should work on that. And some of the people, look a bit elongated horizontally.
    Other than that YOUR A GREAT ARTIST!!

Keep up the good work!

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Thanks, I appreciate the constructive criticism very much as it will definitely improve my future works. :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014

Things to think about with this one:

• The shading lines are too rushed and scribbly-looking. You've got a tablet, so use it. You could try shading it with more careful, even shading lines, but I'd suggest nixing the shading lines altogether and simulate the shading with actual changes in value.
    • The shading is too soft. This gradient-esque stuff prevents any real implication of form. Try using smaller, harder brushes, and spend more time working on it. Try looking at real people and observe more closely how light affects people and how much contrast you should use.
    • The colors are kind of off. Try to consider the surrounding environment when you draw the subject, instead of regarding it as an afterthought. First of all, skin is probably never that kind of yellow, much less under the lighting circumstances. Remember that the blue of the sky is a lightsource in addition to the sun. Consider how blue light would affect the objects in your scene. Also, shadows usually aren't more saturated than midtones and highlights (well, sometimes, but not under these circumstances. All the more reason to keep studying). Lastly, consider the colors that comprise human skin. Bright yellow is not one such color unless you're jaundiced or something.
    • Don't copy anime. Your art becomes a corruption of a corruption of reality, and it makes it look trite and uninspired. For that matter, don't actively try to actively pursue a certain type of style, as that will only serve to hinder your ability to improve as an artist.
    • Boobs don't work like that.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Ah, Allstories... I knew you would be here to criticise an artwork of mine. I've seen your previous other various posts around the other art threads, having such a keen eye for flaws is one good thing about you. I'll definitely take your tips and advice, but just be sure that this picture was drawn just for fun. It wasn't directly here to be the best picture out of all my drawing artworks, but it still lies my favorite for it's bright summer-feeling style.

Hey, it's my first time giving an attempt to draw actual ones so try to be light okay? I don't usually draw things like that, but I will have to eventually when I have to come across drawing female characters. XD

So in other words:
    + Draw in a unique style that keeps away from the original style, but don't count on a particular general design
    + Keep in mind of human skin tones, shadings, and the light sources (In an example, since the light source is blue here, it would generally affect the colors of the picture)
    + Practice drawing the human body in general (My friend is an expert at this, so if I ever need any help I can always ask him)

Well if you have any more tips and advice in general in set, please feel free to go on. Your criticism is very appreciated and will be of great assistance to my future artworks.

Last edited:
    Back