• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Putting a team together

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
Years
  • Im trying to put a team together for Pokemon: Dusk. Its using Poccil's pokemon essentias and takes place in my own region, Tahno.

So far I've been making sprites and custom pokemon. I myself have created about 30 so far and I have a few people (not on PC) who have been contributing their own fakemons.

We have tilesets (some custom ones made by myself), storyline and such underway. At the moment Im looking for people who can sprite well. Im fine with tilesets and player sprites but the pokemon sprites I have alot of trouble with. Also looking for anyone who is ready there to help me with scripting since Im still learning. Im not looking for anyone to do it all for me because then its not really my game, but rather someone who could just be there to explain things better to me since I never seem to get far asking questions on forums.

At the moment we're just working on the graphics still especially since my computer died a few weeks back and I only just got my new one running so I need to reinstall everything, so I dont have RMXP yet. We lost ALOT of things but this project needed a fresh start.

If you want to see a few of the custom pokemon go here https://sajiri.deviantart.com/gallery/#Tahno-Pokedex
    There are many more than that but those are the only ones I've coloured myself so far and I havent asked the others if I can post their creations here yet so I'll just play it safe and not post them.

The game itself is intended for a slightly older audience (teens) and alot of it was planned based on what my 10 and 13 year old cousins said they'd like to see in pkmn games since I was originally creating this for them.

Let me know if you'd like to contribute in any way. Just as a warning though, this project may seem slow but I wont be giving up on it. Just between work and family committments I have little time to work on it

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Just my opinion, but i don't really like fakemon. I'm just saying my opinion of this story. Good luck with this. I'm sure the tilesets would make it look orginal.

Back