• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quadrangular Nexus- The OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
    Note: Sign Ups are closed.

Zee All Important Plot

Team Rocket. So long has it been since the group's crime wave swept through Kanto and Jhoto, respectively. Long has it been since the evil organization had been stopped by the brave trainers that stood up to it. Still, though, the mention of its name brings back memories to those who had their Pokemon stolen, or their house robbed, or those who had been held hostage. In other regions, criminal organizations rose and fell similarly.

Giovanni, former leader of Team Rocket, has traveled to Orre, as needless to say, he is not very welcome in Kanto. His Gym in Viridian City had been given to Gary Oak, grandson of renowned Pokemon researcher Professor Oak. Giovanni had no problems with it- the gym held too many memories of his criminal past, which had been abandoned for a less illegal career as a businessman.

Cyrus, former leader of the now-disbanded Team Galactic, continues to seek a way to remove his vague, incomplete, weak spirit. To remove the soul of the world. Hearing of Cipher and its Shadow Pokemon, he too travels to Orre. There he meets with a former member of Cipher, who is in possession of the last Shadow Pokemon. Together they plot to revive the Shadow Pokemon Project.

Miror B., a former Cipher Admin, and the only person known to still have a Shadow Pokemon. He attempted to make his own group, Team Miror B., but nobody wanted to join. After that failure, he decided joining Cyrus would be a good way to earn his rep back, and get some members. Trudly and Folly do their best to help him move towards this goal.

Giovanni soon encounters the other former leaders, and his reputation precedes him. The two attempt to convince him to join them. At first Giovanni was going to refuse, but realized that the Shadow Pokemon Project could be used to bring about Team Rocket's reign once more. His mind once again filled with dreams of wielding the ultimate power, Giovanni accepted the offer. Soon, Galactic and Rocket remnants flocked to the new alliance.

Meanwhile, in Hoenn, a man named Edward Vanchez hears rumors of the group while eavesdropping. Seeing it as the perfect opportunity to enact his own plan, he travels to Orre. Seeking out the leaders, he finds them bickering over what they should be called. Making his appearance, Edward offered to join, proving his strength by defeating each of them in turn. Pleased that they all knew now who was the greatest, he suggested the name Quadrangular Nexus, as there were four leaders, each having led their own group before.

The three were shocked that Edward was also a boss of a crime group, never having heard of him. He explained with an air of arrogance that while they had been grandstanding and having fools made of them, his network had wormed its way into the soil of society, undetected, but sleeping like a benign tumor, waiting to emerge.

This turned out to be true. The group followed Edward's lead, taking over Orre silently, like an assassin stalking in the shadows. Then, they bided their time, lulling the world into a false sense of safety. Orre's remote location helped hide them as they waited to pounce.

They had a plan:

Each Leader would take a region.

Cyrus traveled to Kanto.

Miror B. departed for Johto.

Giovanni went to Sinnoh.

Finally, Edward would spring his trap in Hoenn.

The Pokemon League would be overwhelmed, unable to fight off the simultaneous attacks all across the globe. Cipher's Shadow Pokemon, Team Galactic's technology, Team Rocket's planning and renown, and Edward's hidden spy networks would work together to break the world's backbone.

But they are a group divided, each man with his own final goal. Perhaps this will be their undoing.

Your Parts To Play

A) In Kanto, a new group of trainers prepares to leave on a journey. This is you, legends waiting to be born. Professor Oak in Pallet Town will give you your first Pokemon, and set you on the path to the Indigo Plateau.

B) A villain. A member of QN, making way for the new world order of your leaders. You receive a normal or Shadow Pokemon from the higher-ups and begin scouting potential recruits and threats. This means your character may not preform any major crimes until QN is revealed, so waiting for action may get boring. But then again, being evil is fun. >:D

What About The Other Regions?

For now, you are all in Kanto. Later chapters will cover Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and eventually Orre.

Rules

1. Follow the RP Section rules.

2. I am Game Master, but you are free to have some control over the world. For example, if you want it to rain, or clear up, its fine. Nothing big without PMing me though, like trapping us in a cave because of a rock slide. If its a good plot idea I usually won't mind, but you still need to contact me first.

3. No God-Modding or bunnying. Also... grammar is important. If you find any errors in your posts I would like you to take the time and fix them. I do realize that sometimes you slip up and don't notice, especially when making a large post and not checking it, butt spellig lik dis iz no gud... unless you are making a post where there is a letter, and the writer is known for bad grammar, as this would make sense.

4. Minor cursing is allowed, and would be expected if you are using a villain character. If you want, use '*'s to censor it. Please refrain from vulgar language in OOC, though.

5. Separate OOC comments from main posts, if you must make them. Make sure it is clearly indicated. Also, be polite to other RPers.

6. No move limits or level systems, but be realistic and no God-Modding. Magikarp ain't going to be using Hyper Beam... yet. Maybe after evolving.
    Also, catching Pokemon. In a battle versus a wild Pokemon (I will decide when one appears and wants to battle, but feel free to ask, or spot a few to set the mood), the RPer will RP the battle, and if they try to catch the Pokemon, I will decide by how well the battle way RP'd (not one-sided unless it makes sense for the Pokemon being used, well written, realistic) whether or not the Pokemon is captured.

7. Any post should at least be a paragraph. I myself am not the best at describing things in great detail, so I won't bug you too much, but 'Sally said, "Eevee, use tackle!" And Eevee used Tackle.' isn't quite good enough.

8. Have fun. That's what games are for.

Starter Pokemon

New Trainers:

Bulbasaur Eos Aduro
    Charmander Kyuu-Chan
    Squirtle Century
    Pikachu Lilac Mist

Normal QN members:

Ekans
    Koffing
    Magnemite
    Zubat Pikakip
    Houndour Zimvee
    Bronzor
    Murkrow
    Magikarp My Character's
    Feebas

Shadow QN members (Require Good SUs):

Roselia
    Furret ArcanineOod
    Zangoose IceDragon2439
    Seviper
    Dragonair

(All leftover Villain starter Pokemon will eventually be battled when facing regular or Elite QN Grunts

Withour Further Ado, The SU Format

Name: First and last, please.

Age: At least 10 for trainers, at least 16 for villains.

Faction: Trainer or Villain. If Villain, which boss do you support most?

Appearance: What does the character look like?

Personality: What does the character act like? How do they think?

History: What was the character's life like up until now?

Other Information: Talents they have, Trainer Card, Picture, or anything else that doesn't fit into the other categories.

---Pokemon Section---

Nickname: *optional* The Pokemon's Nickname

Species: What Pokemon is it?

Unique Appearance Traits: *optional* Got red stripes on its paws? A scar? Does it wear an accessory?

Personality: I'm not expecting too much here. The minimum is what the games have: their nature, favorite flavor of food, and such. Feel free to make it as complex as you want though.

Other: Other stuff.

---RP Sample---

Give an example to show your skill level in RPing. It may also be used as your first post, if you are accepted.

My SU

Name: Albert Fitzgerald

Faction: Villain- Giovanni

Appearance: Albert is 6'9'' and thin as a rake. He isn't particularly athletic or strong, but he has a great vertical jump. He has tanned skin and short-cut black hair. A scruffy goatee and sideburns adorn Albert's face, and he has very bushy eyebrows. Albert's eyes are muddy brown.

Albert's wardrobe consists of blue jeans, black runners, a dark blue shirt, and a black trench coat. He also wears a brown leather belt with his pokeballs attached to it. A black and blue satchel carries Albert's supplies. Upon Albert's head is a black baseball cap with 'QN' written on it in white letters.

Personality: A pessimist, Albert isn't surprised he got stuck with the weakest Pokemon in existence. He is one of the people who always sees the glass as half-empty, and his one hope was that Team Rocket would take him to fortune and glory. Now he has that chance again. He tends to complain a lot, but takes his duties seriously, and is no slouch when it comes to strategy and plotting. Distrusting of the other leaders, Albert remains loyal to Boss Rocket, and no other before him.

A lover of puzzles, Albert is not so much a mathematical, or literal thinker. He likes to try and figure out people. It is kind of his hobby to analyze those around him. And when there is nobody else to analyze around, Albert will analyze himself, and his Pokemon.

An avid reader, Albert has great book smarts and theoretical knowledge. 'How To Pick Locks For Dummies' was especially useful during his criminal career. Also a fan of fictional works, his favorite books are the Lord of The Rings trilogy.

History: Albert was formerly a Rocket Grunt in the Kanto Region. Red, the current Champion, defeated him several times during Team Rocket's endeavors. After Team Rocket was disbanded, he returned to his old job of Pokemart Clerk. He released his Pokemon from Old Team Rocket and suffered in silence in his mediocre life. When word of QN came to his ears, he was overjoyed, a rare emotion for him. Rushing to Orre, albert joined QN immediately, only to have his hopes crushed by being given a Magikarp to use.

Albert grew up in Viridian City, under the direct influence of Giovanni, the gym leader. He always looked up to the man. Giovanni was powerful, wealthy, and famous. When Albert was only fourteen, he showed great promise, and was recruited for Team Rocket.

Other Information: Albert plays the harmonica, and is actually not that bad at it.

---Pokemon---

Nickname: Soquid

Species: Magikarp

Unique Appearance Traits: Has three dorsal fins instead of a single one, but otherwise is no different than a regular Magikarp.

Personality: Soquid has a relaxed nature, enjoys simply floating along in the water, and likes all kinds of food. He doesn't really do much.

Other: All Soquid is really good for is being thrown at things. He can use Tackle in the water, as well.

My RP Sample/Opening Post
    Chapter 1: New Beginnings

The morning sun had only just began to warm the little dirt and gravel roads of Pallet Town, but already a crowd of men, women, and children was outside Professor Oak's lab, waiting to see off the trainers that would be receiving their first Pokemon. Pallet Town was a small community, so most people knew each other, and wanted to wish the brand new trainers the best on their journeys. The grass was green, as were the leaves on the trees, and the air was becoming warm and humid. Summer was arriving.

A man sat lazily on a park bench, seemingly asleep. Hung over the back of the bench was a long, black coat, removed because of the heat. A Pidgey flew down and pecked at his shoe. The man's foot shifted and the Pidgey flew away. The man stood and tossed his coat over his shoulder, glancing around. He murmured to himself, "Nice going, Al, falling asleep when you're on watchdog duty."

Approaching the crowd, Albert looked over their heads to see if the newbies were getting their Pokemon yet. So far nothing. He grunted as a young man pushed past him to get a better view. Cursing the youth under his breath, he walked around, trying to find a break in the crowd. "Arceus, tell me how such a small town can have so many people," he sighed, returning to his park bench to wait.

"Why hello there, young man," greeted an old voice beside him. Albert jumped, not having seen the old woman on the bench before. She tossed a few bread crumbs for a few Pidgey that were sitting in a tree nearby.

"Uh, hey," Albert replied, giving a small nod of greeting. One of the Pidgey hopped over and pecked at his shoe again. He shook his foot at it to scare it away.

The old woman gave a light laugh, "Apparently your shoe tastes better than the bread, hm?"

Albert simply shrugged.

---

Also, to start off the OOC discussion with a Topic, shall we have Professor Oak grant the Trainers a Snag Machine after a while, to capture the Shadow Pokemon of QN? (Not those belonging to other RPers, of course)

Perhaps before they go to face Miror B.'s forces in Johto.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Wahey! OOC thread!

Snag machine for the trainers sounds pretty good, and I agree that it should be before they go to Johto - that way they've got an idea of what's going on with QN and they'll have had practise capturing regular Pokemon for their teams. =3

xX

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I may not speak for everyone, but I don't actually know what I'm supposed to be doing. I mean, QN is in Kanto for a reason, but I don't know what that reason is, so I can't really post.

xX

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
    Okay, so here's the plan (which can change at any time)
    They are scouting out potential threats and recruits, so a few agents were assigned to spy on the new trainers. If they appear as if they could be a threat (as similar trainers defeated most of the bosses before), the agents are to attempt to recruit them, and if that fails they must be 'removed'. Of course, the heroes will likely win in the end. After the takeover starts, the group of villains will be assigned to missions by Cyrus in Kanto. The evil player characters will probably need a leader i their group, so that will need to be selected. I would step up, but I doubt the guy with the Magikarp will get many votes.

As for the trainers, well, I'm sure you know the deal if you've watched the anime or played the games. Follow the path of a trainer, challenging the gyms, or perhaps go for more of a breeder or a coordinator or a researcher, pretty much do whatever until you get mixed up with QN. they'll probably select a leader of the group at some point as well.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    cool, I'll have a post up soon.

Do you think the psycho-assassin will get votes? Jeff might make a good leader...

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Well since i'm accepted now, i might as well post my first post of this rp. Its pretty much just the sample i gave so yeah.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Okay... I don't want to sound mean or complain-y, but... Don't you think that Eric Clowde is just a bit too perfect? I mean, he does complicated maths super easily, is friendly and peaceful but can be hell to face if he's angry. When he left home he found he could beat anyone easily with any Pokemon, and easily beat the Elite Four. Then he joined TR and became Giovanni's most trusted admin within a matter of days? Excuse me for seeming rude, but that's totally illogical.

Oh, and he's a master violinist, too. I mean, he's just too amazing, surely?

I just had to get that off my chest. Feel free to ignore it. ^_^
    xX

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
    Yes, I know, but the point is that now he is a grunt and starts with none of those uber-powerful Pokemon. As long as the roleplayer does not make them overpowered playing them, it's fine. I thought I would give Dan a chance.

But he is a little bit too perfect, Arcanine makes a good point. Perhaps you could tone it down a little.
    Also to note, Red actually made it at the record lowest age of 10. And Gary made it before him yet. Yeah, just pointing that out. Actually, now that I think of it, unless we say your character was defeated by Gary and then Red defeated Gary afterwards, his being champion interferes with the plot.

Also, I noticed that you were kind of bunnying in your first post. The trainers haven't actually obtained their Pokemon yet, so you should edit that. Or make the post after their posts. I never noticed this before, but then I wasn't exactly awake at the time I looked over your character... nor am I right now.

Last edited:

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Okay then I'll delete it and post it later then. Just kind of wanted to speed things up you know? Haven't been in an RP in a little while.

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Yeah I agree with ArcanineOOD and I think you should.
    I would post, however my first post would contain bunnying and that would be bad so the trainers need to post before me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back