• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about Arceus in relation to Gen 5

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    Recently ive seen some people on the internet saying that there cant be any more future generations of Pokemon because of Arceus's existance. Why do people say this? Was there ever a moment where Arceus states that there are only 493 Pokemon? I haven't watched any of the DP movies yet so I may have missed something, did I?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Nor have I. But I believe that people are saying this because Arceus is the so-called "ultimate" Pokémon. Since he is the God-diety of the Pokémon universe. And thus there can be no Pokémon more powerful than Arceus.

But have no fear, there being a god-Pokémon is no reason for no new Pokémon.
    Though people complain about there being too many legendaries (to which I half agree), there are as many legends in the world as nations (if not more), and each one has their own legends. Though for competive battling and only 4 regions, there are too many legendaries. But that doesn't take away to possibility for other regions to have different legendaries, because they have their own legends.

Nor will it be a problem for "normal", non-legendary Pokémon. If there is any link between our world and the Pokémon world, just open up an random animal encyclopedia... The amount of animals is countless... Though why wouldn't there be more than 493 Pokémon?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Just because there aren't be any Pokemon more powerful than Arceus doesn't mean there can't be any more Pokemon.

I mean, Mew was supposed to be the creator of all Pokemon themselves, and that didn't stop Nintendo/Game Freak spouting out another 340.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Arceus is the most epic of fails in the Pokemon world.

Just because its exsistence is, regretably a reality, doesn't mean that more Pokemon won't be created.

Back