• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Question about catching tough pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2007
    i'm currently struggling to catch Zapdos. I have it saved right before the fight but i only have 6 Ultra Balls. I get it's HP down to just a little speck that i can barely see, then i put it to sleep or paralyze it, but it still breaks out of all 6 ultra balls.

my question is this: does it help to use attacks that lower the Pokemon's Defense, Attack, Agility etc? if it does i may have to stop my habbit of replacing all my Pokemons' stat modifier moves with offensive attacks.

if anyone has any helpful tips they would be greatly appreciated. at this point i think i'm just gonna go back to a Mart and buy like 30 ultra balls and just keep chucking them at the thing.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I would suggest freezing over sleep, also I would just go and get more Pokeballs. However in my opinion, its easy to catch. I caught it using an Pokeball.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    if it was articuno i'd understand why you wouldnt just go get more pokeballs cause that cave is a pain in the butt. but the power plant isnt that big, so just go get more ultra balls

Years
    Legendary pokemon have a very low catch ratio. Unless you catch some extreme luck you're going to need more ultra balls.

Or, on the other hand, you can just keep restarting once you run out of your supply and I'm sure you'll eventually catch it. Up to on if you want to save some time or not.

Good Luck.

Back