• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Question About Swarm Pokemon?

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2008
    Ok, so I'm educating myself in the art of chaining pokemon, and I've come to see that swarm Pokemon are alot easier chain than...well, non-swarming lol. Anyways, my question is this; Are there only certain pokemon that swarm? Like, I know legendaries won't swarm, but is there set pokemon that swarm, or can any, non-legendary Pokemon swarm at one point or another?

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    The following pokemon can swarm:

Doduo
    Cubone
    Phanphy
    Zigzagoon
    Nosepass
    Dunsparce
    Absol
    Snubbull
    Spoink
    Drowzee
    Swinub
    Delibird
    Voltorb
    Farfetch'd
    Natu
    Skitty
    Spinda
    Makuhita
    Krabby
    Beldum
    Pidgey
    Surskit
    Corsola
    Smoochum
    Lickitung
    Magnemite
    Slakoth
    Electrike
    Tangela

Some are hard to chain, like Beldum, because of the harsh weather they're located in. It's hard to see the grass shake unless you tilt the screen. And some are impossible to chain, like Corsola, since they swarm in the water. I hope that helps. =P

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Eehh, really? o.o

*Checks*

OH! You're right. I'm sorry, I got route 230 mixed up with one of the all-water routes. =P My bad.

Well then, that just leaves you with the hard-to-chain ones. =3

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Besides Beldum in the Sandstorm-filled Desert, I've found Swinub/Delibird Difficult to chain too because of the Constant Hail on the overworld @.@

Back