• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Questions about the sprite_resizer script.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I've been looking at the code for Sprite_Resizer and am completely confused partly because I don't know Ruby and confused it for Java the first time I saw it. Is there a way for me to edit this to adapt my sprites that are too small and get them to display a bit larger or is it too dangerous to modify it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    You certainly can modify it. But I imagine it would be more sensible to simply resize your sprites, possibly using something like ImageMagick to process batches if there are too many to do by hand.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    A bit of an issue that I've been having when resizing sprites is that they distort pretty badly because it's not a simple x2 enlargement.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I see. So what would you want Sprite_Resizer to do? I'm not sure it will be able to do a good job of smoothing out a non-2× scaling (but it might do! I don't know much about the code, I just don't have much faith in others :D)

Back