• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions for old timer

tz0n3

Jumpluff Master
    Years
    I played the game a long time ago and quit when I got to middle school. I don't really know some of the newer rules, nor how to make a good deck. I wanted to know if somebody could show me how to make a good deck making use of the Neo Revelation Jumpluff for quick evolution. If you have any ideas, or want to help me, let me know. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It depends on what kind of deck you're going for. Personally, I think a grass/water deck would be a good idea.​

tz0n3

Jumpluff Master
    Years
    I almost never played monocolor when I played last. I'd prefer to play a monocolor grass deck.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    That would be rather difficult to do, but with the right Trainer Cards, you could probably make a good deck.

Since you'll be going with a Grass-type deck, I think you should have at least 20 Grass-type energies since the maximum amount of cards is 60. That means you have 40 cards left over. 10-15 can be used for Pokémon and 20-25 Trainer Cards. Whatever's left over should probably be used as Colorless energy.

Since I'm unsure of whether or not you're using a mixed deck, I'll just give you cards from this general era that would be good for your deck.

Pokémon
    Neo Revelation Zubat - Golbat - Crobat would be good.
    Neo Genesis Heracross/Shuckle (one or the other, or even both if you'd like) would be good. Shuckle would be good for defense and Heracross would be good for offense.
    Neo Discovery Yanma is a good card if you want to do some damage quickly.
    Neo Discovery Weedle - Kakuna - Beedrill is great for doing a lot of damage. Though the process is slow, it can be devastating. You can get 2 of these if you want to do a lot of damage even after you lose Beedrill. If you lose Beedrill.
    Neo Destiny Dark Crobatcan be placed on your Golbat instead of the normal Crobat. This Crobat can do more damage and heal itself at the same time.

Trainers:
    Miracle Berry. This would be great if you went with Heracross. If Heracross is afflicted with a status ailment, this will cure it and you can use Heracross's ability. Get 3.
    Focus Band. This would be good if you went with Shuckle. If Shuckle is KO'd in battle, you flip a coin. If it's head, Shuckle's HP is 10. Get 3.

Recycle Energy. You can reuse this card. When it's discarded, it goes back into your hand. It's a Colorless energy, so you can use it for anything!

Bill's Teleporter.Good if you're in a tight spot. Then you can draw 4 more cards and hope you get something good! Get 3.

Pokémon Breeder Fields. If you have a Pokémon on the field you wish to evolve, you can use this card to find its evolution in your deck.

Counterattack Claws. Use this to do damage; even after fainting!

Heal Powder. Give Heracross a bit of an extra boost. It removes ailments and two damage counters! Get 2.

Magnifier. Don't apply Resistances for your attack.

Berry. Help your Pokémon in a time of need and remove 2 damage counters from them. Get 3.

MooMoo Milk. Discard more energy cards with the MooMoo Milk! Get 3.

Super Scoop-Up. Good if you're current Pokémon is in a bind.
    Of course, if you're using a mixed-deck, then you have more choices of cards that you can use in your deck. Hope this helped!​

tz0n3

Jumpluff Master
    Years
    I'm a bit confused. Do you mean for me to use those pokemon in addition to the Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff I had in mind, or what? I had wanted to use those 3 to evolve quickly into fast, efficient attackers.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Those are Pokémon that you can use in addition to the Hoppip-Skiploom-Jumpluff cards you wanted to use.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    It's great that you're getting back into the TCG, good luck with your deck!
    I hope you know, however, that a deck consisting of Neo Revelations cards is not playable in official leagues, as per POP regulations. So, if you're just planning to play with your friends, go for it, I play unmodified decks for fun all the time. If you ever plan to get into a league, though, you will have to build decks out of sets from Diamond & Pearl and up.
    Feel free to ignore me if this is old news for you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    One of the new rules is shuffling your dek with 7 cards to draw duriyung yur nex turn. Then you play 5 of them, and if yu cand, then you hav to skip yur turn. This is probbly and adanced rule, so I'm not really sure.

Acsually I just chekd the rules, and it nevr sad enytheng about tha rule I mention earlier. So just ignor it, end don pay atention to muy last pos. I really dorry for bad gramar, but I am from diferent contry.

Last edited:
    Back