• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Questions + idea for a catcher

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Which is better, mind plate or odd incense?

Is there any benefits or negatives to having a the day care lady raise your Pokemon?

How many stat boost potions can you use per Pokemon?

If I haven't yet seen a Pokemon, is there no way to find and trade for it on the Global Trade?

Is it best to breed a male and female of the same Pokemon or will a ditto do exactly the same?

What is the best mood for your Pokemon to hatch in, are there benefits per mood?

---

Also, I have an idea for a catching type Pokemon. A Pokemon I will only use for catching others, the moves I want are..

False Swipe
    Sleep Spore (a sleep attack)
    A low damage attack
    A restore health

What Pokemon would best suit this, and what do people think of this idea?

Thank you.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Which is better, mind plate or odd incense?
    Plate methinks, incense might offer the same boost though. Serebii doesnt say. Btw both suck over wifi ;)
    Is there any benefits or negatives to having a the day care lady raise your Pokemon?
    Not really, they dont gain EVs in there though. You can attatch a sooth bell and it will like you more but thats about it.
    How many stat boost potions can you use per Pokemon?
    A pokemon can have +6 stages in any stat, and have them in any amount. That's a theoretical 30 boosts (Bear in mind sharp raises like agility are 2 boosts each)
    If I haven't yet seen a Pokemon, is there no way to find and trade for it on the Global Trade?
    Nope, you have to have seen it at very least
    Is it best to breed a male and female of the same Pokemon or will a ditto do exactly the same?
    Ditto does the exact same job. IIRC the same poke will breed more quickly though.
    What is the best mood for your Pokemon to hatch in, are there benefits per mood?
    Mood? Do you mean nature? If so google "pokemon nature guide" for a list of what they do
    ---

Also, I have an idea for a catching type Pokemon. A Pokemon I will only use for catching others, the moves I want are..

False Swipe
    Sleep Spore (a sleep attack)
    A low damage attack
    A restore health

What Pokemon would best suit this, and what do people think of this idea?

Smeargle. It's the only pokes who fits that spec i believe.
    Thank you.

Answers are boldified. Hope that helps

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Can those EVs be got back or raised as time goes on through battling? Will letting the day care lady raise my Pokemon stunt any EV growth/possibilities?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    ANy EVs that were previously on it are still taken into account, and daycare has no effect on future raising :)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Thank you, also an other question, is it best to raise a Pokemon to a certain level before evolving it or trading it for evolution?

Example, my Haunter stops learning moves at level 55, so is that the best time to evolve it to help it reach it's max potential?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Not in the EVing sense, since at level 100 they will be at the point you raised for regardless of when you evolved it. I just evolve when it has all the moves i want.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I'd just like to suggest another that would be ideal for catching Pokémon - Breloom.

Breloom can learn Spore, and also gets False Swipe. Mach Punch would be a good "low powered" move, and then something else for the final slot like Stun Spore to cover Pokémon immune to sleep.
    HP recovery can come in the form of a Poison Heal Breloom holding a Toxic Orb. This combination will give it an automatic 1/8th HP restoration each turn. Replacing Stun Spore for Safeguard can cover you against any random status moves the wild Pokémon may try to inflict.

Breloom's high attack power would make it a competent False Swiper too, better than Smeargle anyways..
    And there's always Swords Dance or Bulk Up for extra Attack/Defence.

I wouldn't Recommend using it to try catching Heatran though, not unless maybe you include Rain Dance in the mix :O

Back