• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions with no answers?

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Question:How come Brock didn't fall for Roxanne?
    Also,How come there are no HM moves in the anime?
    How come Leech Life,Absorb,Mega Drain,and Giga Drain have not
    been used in the anime?
    Why won't anybody let Brock get a girlfriend?

Last edited:

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    May doesn't care too much,only when it's really embarrassing.Same with Ash.It was
    Misty and now Max mostly.IMO,Max is more of a replacement for Misty than May is.
    I just don't get why some people hate May so much.And probably in the next region,
    somebody is going to do that to poor Brock.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    coolmaster said:
    What a creative thread! I've been wondering about the GS ball too. Does anyone know the secret?

Actually, we're opening it tomorrow on PIRN (see my sig). ;)

There must be other animals in the Pokemon, otherwise there's no complete food chain. Besides, in episode 3, Misty states that she doesn't care if Caterpie's a Pokemon because it's still a bug (implying there are bugs that aren't Pokemon).

Years
    First of all, who wouldn't want to see Brock's ear pulled? Comon, it's always humorous to see him in pain. Misty and Max (Ash a few times) have always pulled his ear for a reason. I haven't figured out a very strong reason on why Max is doing so, but I have an explaination for Misty. Considering that Misty is in love with Ash, (duh in the English version, non-existant in Japanese version; that's why I use the English names!) and the fact that Misty absolutely refuses to tell him for fear of Ash's reaction, I think that Misty is jelous of Brock. Brock will always run in head first towards a girl he likes (and fail just about all the time) whereas Misty can't tell Ash her feelings. Brock is free to express his feelings towards other women but Misty can't tell the thick-skulled Ash, at least not directly.

Now, for the original questions:

Of course there's other animals existing alongside Pok?mon! First evidence: Pidgiotto eating a squiggly line in the third episode, probably a worm of some sort. (now that I think of it, Caterpie is a humongous worm!) Also to consider: Where do you think Pok?mon get their kind? (example: Pikachu - The Mouse Pok?mon, Caterpie - The Worm Pok?mon) If animals didn't exist, how'd they get these names?

As for the money issue... That's been bothering me for the longest time now. After watching virtually all aired episodes, I have never seen the group use any sort of money at all! (please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong) If they did use money, however, I think that they get the money from their respective families. Or they were quite rich from when they started, although thats unlikely.

pika2000 said:
    well, I think there are real fish in the show, because I remember seeing in the M.S: Anne (right english name?) episode.
    First, it's the S.S. Anne. But the producers at 4Kids decided to call it the Saint Anne. For what reasons, I don't have a clue...

ash_misty4ever said:
    What I'm wondering is how they can have hot dogs and hamburgers...They would have to slaughter Miltank and Spoink!
    Since I've explained that animals exist alongside Pok?mon and humans, there's no way that Pok?mon would be used for processed foods. Pok?mon are extremely intelligent creatures, able to understand English (and probably Japanese in the Japanese version) and sometimes understand how humans work. There's bound to be people quite angry in the show if there was such a thing.

Besides, why would a Miltank be a hamburger? Miltanks seem to be a dairy cow, and dairy cows are not used for hamburgers. Thats where the other types of cows come in. (I think Tauros is a bull, not a cow)

kohei said:
    The mother left the family for another man soon after Gary was born, and his father died in war, leaving Gary and his big sister behind.....
    What?! I've never heard of any of this in the English show. There's absolutely no mention on Gary's parents or if he even has a sister in the show! The only relation I see that he has is his grandfather Professor Samuel Oak. (and oh what a relation it is... "Smell ya later, gramps!")

MewthreeXL said:
    How come Brock didn't fall for Roxanne?
    Also,How come there are no HM moves in the anime?
    How come Leech Life,Absorb,Mega Drain,and Giga Drain have not
    been used in the anime?
    Why won't anybody let Brock get a girlfriend?
    1) Roxanne seems to be younger than Brock. If I remember correctly, Brock always hit on girls that were either as old or older looking than he is. He's never actually hit on younger girls.
    2) I guess HMs are considered moves that would just be used for their out of battle purposes. Surf was likely to have been used when Ash's Kingler and Misty's Poliwhirl were duking it out in the Whirl Island competition. After Kingler used Crabhammer once, it hit Poliwhirl. Afterwards, it seemed like Poliwhirl used Surf as it was riding a wave. Of course, the show intended the wave to have been generated by Kingler's awesome attack.
    3) Who knows? They used Dream Eater, and it's quite similar to those draining moves, except that Dream Eater works only if the Pok?mon are sleeping... Maybe the producers didn't want Grass types to seem vampire-like. Leech Seed was used many times, but the seed seems to be draining energy from the Pok?mon. The Pok?mon who used it didn't seem to have regained any energy at all, therefore not making them 'blood suckers'.
    4) Answered above. Max might have prevented Brock from doing it was for the reputation of the group. Who wants to be seen with a guy who constantly hits of people? I know I don't!

Sorry for all of this, but these are my opinions and question that haven't been answered. Anyways, here's some questions to ponder about that have no answer yet...
    Who's Ash's dad?
    Who's Gary's parents?
    What happened between Brock and Professor Ivy?
    Where's Tracey's parents?
    What's in the GS ball?
    How many Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys are there going to be and where are they from?!
    What happened to all of the Pok?mon that Ash let go that haven't appeared a second time?
    Will Ash keep his promise and meet the trainers that he's battle in the past and meet them again?
    How does Team Rocket survive all of their falls from the sky?
    How does Giovanni even think of allowing Jessie, James, and Meowth to still use Team Rockets' fund?!
    Will Ash finally realize why Brock likes girls?
    Will Misty ever be back with Ash?
    Will Ash like girls at all?!
    Will the series end? (I hope not!)

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The mother left the family for another man soon after Gary was born, and his father died in war, leaving Gary and his big sister behind.....
    lol.. I wrote that I made this up for fun ^^;

I have another question. What happened to the 3 from Legend of Raikou? They went their 3 separate ways, and.... what?

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    MewthreeXL said:
    Where are Misty's parents?

I've theorized that her father's a lawyer and her mom's a legal secretary. Makes you wonder why Ash didn't wind up in small claims court. ;)

Psymancer

The Lord of the Dragons
    Years
    dqle said:
    First of all, who wouldn't want to see Brock's ear pulled? Comon, it's always humorous to see him in pain. Misty and Max (Ash a few times) have always pulled his ear for a reason. I haven't figured out a very strong reason on why Max is doing so, but I have an explaination for Misty. Considering that Misty is in love with Ash, (duh in the English version, non-existant in Japanese version; that's why I use the English names!) and the fact that Misty absolutely refuses to tell him for fear of Ash's reaction, I think that Misty is jelous of Brock. Brock will always run in head first towards a girl he likes (and fail just about all the time) whereas Misty can't tell Ash her feelings. Brock is free to express his feelings towards other women but Misty can't tell the thick-skulled Ash, at least not directly.

Now, for the original questions:

Of course there's other animals existing alongside Pok?mon! First evidence: Pidgiotto eating a squiggly line in the third episode, probably a worm of some sort. (now that I think of it, Caterpie is a humongous worm!) Also to consider: Where do you think Pok?mon get their kind? (example: Pikachu - The Mouse Pok?mon, Caterpie - The Worm Pok?mon) If animals didn't exist, how'd they get these names?

As for the money issue... That's been bothering me for the longest time now. After watching virtually all aired episodes, I have never seen the group use any sort of money at all! (please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong) If they did use money, however, I think that they get the money from their respective families. Or they were quite rich from when they started, although thats unlikely.

First, it's the S.S. Anne. But the producers at 4Kids decided to call it the Saint Anne. For what reasons, I don't have a clue...

Since I've explained that animals exist alongside Pok?mon and humans, there's no way that Pok?mon would be used for processed foods. Pok?mon are extremely intelligent creatures, able to understand English (and probably Japanese in the Japanese version) and sometimes understand how humans work. There's bound to be people quite angry in the show if there was such a thing.

Besides, why would a Miltank be a hamburger? Miltanks seem to be a dairy cow, and dairy cows are not used for hamburgers. Thats where the other types of cows come in. (I think Tauros is a bull, not a cow)

What?! I've never heard of any of this in the English show. There's absolutely no mention on Gary's parents or if he even has a sister in the show! The only relation I see that he has is his grandfather Professor Samuel Oak. (and oh what a relation it is... "Smell ya later, gramps!")

1) Roxanne seems to be younger than Brock. If I remember correctly, Brock always hit on girls that were either as old or older looking than he is. He's never actually hit on younger girls.
    2) I guess HMs are considered moves that would just be used for their out of battle purposes. Surf was likely to have been used when Ash's Kingler and Misty's Poliwhirl were duking it out in the Whirl Island competition. After Kingler used Crabhammer once, it hit Poliwhirl. Afterwards, it seemed like Poliwhirl used Surf as it was riding a wave. Of course, the show intended the wave to have been generated by Kingler's awesome attack.
    3) Who knows? They used Dream Eater, and it's quite similar to those draining moves, except that Dream Eater works only if the Pok?mon are sleeping... Maybe the producers didn't want Grass types to seem vampire-like. Leech Seed was used many times, but the seed seems to be draining energy from the Pok?mon. The Pok?mon who used it didn't seem to have regained any energy at all, therefore not making them 'blood suckers'.
    4) Answered above. Max might have prevented Brock from doing it was for the reputation of the group. Who wants to be seen with a guy who constantly hits of people? I know I don't!

Sorry for all of this, but these are my opinions and question that haven't been answered. Anyways, here's some questions to ponder about that have no answer yet...
    Who's Ash's dad?
    Who's Gary's parents?
    What happened between Brock and Professor Ivy?
    Where's Tracey's parents?
    What's in the GS ball?
    How many Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys are there going to be and where are they from?!
    What happened to all of the Pok?mon that Ash let go that haven't appeared a second time?
    Will Ash keep his promise and meet the trainers that he's battle in the past and meet them again?
    How does Team Rocket survive all of their falls from the sky?
    How does Giovanni even think of allowing Jessie, James, and Meowth to still use Team Rockets' fund?!
    Will Ash finally realize why Brock likes girls?
    Will Misty ever be back with Ash?
    Will Ash like girls at all?!
    Will the series end? (I hope not!)

I suppose I can answer some of these.

Ash's dad is supposely on his own pokemon journey. He was mentioned on the very early episodes of Pokemon. After that, I have no clue.

Probably Professor Ivy got sick enough of Brock's advances on her and just kicked him out, though he probably won't admit it.

There was no mention of Tracey's Parents I think.

There is probably a Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny in virtually every known city or place in the entire world of Pokemon. No clue as to where they came from though its probably came from the largest two familes ever.

The Pokemon that ash had let go except for Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur hasn't been seen lately so who knows.

Team Rocket for all their failures are an extermely lucky group of people. Only they can survive what they have went through.

Giovanni probably have some use for them and since they are so desperate and so loyal to him. He figures he gives them some money, plus he is still interested in Ash's pikachu so to speak.

Ash will continue to remain Dense on why Brock likes girls til the poor kid grows up I belive.

Ash? Like Girls? *snickers* Maybe in the future.

The Series Ending? Dunno, its up to fate and Pokemon's Popularity in Japan to see that through.

Psymancer

The Lord of the Dragons
    Years
    dqle said:
    Giovanni actually shown interest in Ash's Pikachu?! When?! I don't remember that! (sorry for the exclimation marks, but I never would have thought...)

He might have, considering how persistant that Jesse, James and Meowth have been in catching that Pikachu. I am sure they have told and possibly peaked his interest. That answer is all theory I think.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    How come Brock didn't fall for Sabrina?

I can understand while she was in psycho mode,but what about after that?

Back