• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Quick question about Disassembly

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2017
    Hi all, I'm just unclear about something with the Pokecrystal disassembly. If I were to take a ROM and edit some things via Hex (like Oak's speech at the beginning), could I then take that edited ROM and import it into Cygwin? Or do I have to recreate all the changes again using the disassembly?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that you can't do this automatically. If you want to edit the rom data after compiling, you'd have to later on insert the same changes to the disassembly too.

I could be wrong though, but this is just an assumption based on the fact that I don't think others use CrystalMap for map editing, but rather some other tool which allows reading the data from disassembly files. Not completely sure about this one either. But you could contact Mateo or Crystal_ (if this is his nickname here) and ask about this directly.

Back