• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    You can get your Friend Code from the Pal Pad in your Key Items pocket. If you don't have it, once you get the Coal Badge, you can get it from the basement of any Poké Center.

You can battle either from the Wi-Fi Club, which is in the basement, or from the Battle Frontier. The Wi-Fi Club is easier if you know who you want to battle against, or even if you have a RL friend to do silly battles with.

You only need a wireless router to use Wi-Fi, and if you don't have one, then you need a special connector dealy to use with your DS. The Nintendo website details how to set up your DS with their Wi-Fi connection.

livelyhans

Verdanturf Town Trainer
    Years
    how to battle online

Hey i've try it too ! and it works i just cnnect it to Wi-Fi! and go to Global GTS (in the game) but firstly before start game we must have our friends code...and how..? just do the samething use Wi-Fi too..^^ happy onliNe..

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
    ok random question. If I have say, lvl 80s, who should have by now earned all of their EVs (not very clear on how EVs work), is it safe to toss them into the day care, I mean, would they gain less stats per level in the day care than they would by battling, or the same, since they've already earned all possible EVs?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Once your Pokémon has all 510 EVs, they don't go anywhere, and you don't gain EVs in the day care.

If I understand it correctly, and I could be wrong, leveling up Pokémon in the day care is equivalent to leveling it up with a truckload of Rare Candies. Plenty of people Rare Candy their Pokémon to ~90 then start EV training from there, so I'm assuming that if you put your EV trained Pokémon in the day care, it'll be no different than leveling it up from running around.

The only things I've heard that are bad about that method is that, depending on your Pokémon's level, it can learn moves that will overwrite the ones that already exist. I've also heard that it won't have fantastic stats, but I'm pretty sure that's just regarding non-EV'd Pokes.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    What's the earliest point in Platinum that you can trade with other games (IE: Diamond, Pearl, HGSS, etc.)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Wirelessly (with people you're sitting or standing near), as soon as you get to the center in Sandgem. Through WiFi, you need to defeat Roark first.

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
    Years
    Hello guys. Well after a couple days or so of being a member here at "PC"
    I have decided I will be buying me a Nintendo Ds,
    I have a couple questions before I go and spend my money.
    I can only buy one game for now as of my budget.

So I have narrowed my decision too either
    Soul Silver.
    Or Platinum.

Witch one would be more fun.
    Witch is going too give me more gameplay.
    I'm kinda turning away from silver due too wanting to see new pokemon

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Both!!

Okay, serious answer, it depends on what you want. If you wanna see a whole new region with new pokemon from the beginning, Platinum. If you wanna walk through memory lane, Soul Silver. If you want to chain shinies, play slot machines (if you're not buying EU version) or rebattle trainers whenever or whoever you want, Platinum (SS does not have these features). If you wanna play some variation of minesweeper in game corner, participate in bug catching contests or Pokethelon, Soul Silver. Easy(ish) move tutors in Platinum, new egg moves are in SS. SS also allows a much easier way for you to pass specific IVs to offspring. Basically, it's up to you and what you wanna do and see.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    People seem to play HG/SS more now for the sake of nostalgia, since they played the original Gold and Silver and enjoy going back to Kanto.

I personally never stop playing my Platinum, mostly because I've invested tons of time into it, and I find the gameplay more enjoyable. I'm at a point in SS where I have to do nothing but grind and that bores me to no end. There are still things in SS I like more than Platinum, and things in Platinum I like more than SS. /shrug

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
    I have a Japanese ditto and I'm trying to hatch a shiny mudkip. It's been taking me forever, and i was wondering what the average amount of eggs I have to hatch.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I have a Japanese ditto and I'm trying to hatch a shiny mudkip. It's been taking me forever, and i was wondering what the average amount of eggs I have to hatch.
    You're still looking at a 1/2048 chance of hatching a shiny. Some people only hatch a few dozen and get a shiny, others hatch several thousand before they see one. It's going to vary for everybody.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Same with me here. I'm just mussing about in SS, playing in the Pokethelon and trying to get as many crowns as possible. But I'm meandering about in Platinum as well, because I've got stuff to EV and breed.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    I'm having trouble catching Dialga and Palkia in my Platinum.
    I've gotten both the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs, as well as the Griseous orb and the Stone Plate. When I go to Celestic Town and try to get Cynthia to come and talk to me by interacting with the Shrine in the cave, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong, and how can I catch Dlaiga and Palkia?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Nothing happens in the cave after Cynthia talks to you -- you have to go back to Spear Pillar to catch Dialga and Palkia. Once there, there will be a new portal for Dialga, and once Dialga is captured/fainted, then Palkia's portal will appear.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Did you speak to her grandmother first?
    Also, just to be sure, you got the orbs from Mt. Coronet, correct?

Years
    Cynthia comes and talks to you? I never knew that.

Just go to the Spear Pillar.
    I caught every legend bar Mesprit, and I never talked to Cynthia in the Celestic Ruins.

So just try it, see what happens.

My Question:

What requirements are there for getting the guy in Oreburgh Museum to extract pokemon from fossils?

I wanted to get an Aerodactyl from my Old Amber, traded from SoulSilver, to take on Gardenia.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    What requirements are there for getting the guy in Oreburgh Museum to extract pokemon from fossils?

I wanted to get an Aerodactyl from my Old Amber, traded from SoulSilver, to take on Gardenia.
    I don't think there are any...? I know in DPPt you can only obtain the Old Amber after the National 'dex, so there's a chance you can only revive it after you upgrade your Pokédex.

Years
    New to breeding so i have a few questions

Alright all i have learned from breeding and EV training is what i have been reading on google
    personally the EV training flew over my head from that start
    as for the breeding
    i have a few questions that would help me understand better
    If i bred a female Slowbro with a relaxed nature, Zen headbutt and it was holding a everstone
    With a male Snorlax with a full incense.
    Would that give me a munchlax with the relaxed nature and the egg move zen headbutt?

if not why not?

Can someone simplify EV training?

Wtf is special sweepers ect.....

thats all i got to ask for now. hope for a quick reply

Back