• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    Ok, I'm currently into breeding and I've a question: If I have a male Pokemon with a Ditto, will I get a Ditto or the species of the father? I read that the egg will always follow the mother so in this case, who is the mother? Thanks in advanced.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Ok, I'm currently into breeding and I've a question: If I have a male Pokemon with a Ditto, will I get a Ditto or the species of the father? I read that the egg will always follow the mother so in this case, who is the mother? Thanks in advanced.

You will always get the male Pokemon as Ditto can never hatch from an egg.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    hello...i breed dratini female and male with extremespeed but the baby cant learn extremespeed...why..?

Do both of them know Extremespeed or just the female? Egg moves are passed down through the father....if the male doesn't know the move, it can't be learned by the offspring.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Is it still possible to get shiny legendaries via soft reset? I'm currently SRing for a shiny Giratina in Platinum, but I'm being told by a friend of mine that it doesn't work like that anymore.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Is it still possible to get shiny legendaries via soft reset? I'm currently SRing for a shiny Giratina in Platinum, but I'm being told by a friend of mine that it doesn't work like that anymore.

Yep, it's still possible. It's basically still having the same chances of getting a shiny and all you're really doing is SRing so it's not a one-chance battle with the legendary.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    Is it possible to get most of the Pokemon in Pearl without trading?

I know that Pearl and Diamond have different Pokemon, but I'm wondering if there's a way to fill up my Pokedex (except the starter Pokemon and any Pokemon specific to Pearl or Diamond) without trading? I know that I can stick a GBA game into the GBA port on my DS and do it that way, but I only have Leaf Green and Emerald (no Fire Red, Ruby, or Sapphire), and one DS. It would be too expensive to buy a second DS and all the other Pokemon games, and I don't know anyone offline who plays Pokemon.

Just want to know what percentage of the Pokedex I can expect to fill with Pearl, Leaf Green and Emerald alone, before I begin.

Also, on the DS, does "wi-fi" really mean "be in the same room"? I know that if you have a PSP and a PS3, you can play your PSP online over vast distances. Can the Wii do this with the DS?

Thanks in advance.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    I know that Pearl and Diamond have different Pokemon, but I'm wondering if there's a way to fill up my Pokedex (except the starter Pokemon and any Pokemon specific to Pearl or Diamond) without trading?
    just seeing them will add to your dex then you can use the gts

Just want to know what percentage of the Pokedex I can expect to fill with Pearl, Leaf Green and Emerald alone, before I begin.
    just about any guide online could tell you, try Google

Also, on the DS, does "wi-fi" really mean "be in the same room"?
    no
    I know that if you have a PSP and a PS3, you can play your PSP online over vast distances. Can the Wii do this with the DS?
    no, the ds doesn't connect to the wii the same way as the psp/ps3

Thanks in advance.
    you're welcome

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Dragonite

Hi i don't know if this is in the right place or not as i havent been on here in a long time.

I have a dragonite on platinum that i have had on a lot of games and traded it around. It has the legendary ribon and i was wondering what you get that ribon for. Also i want to increase the attack defense etc on my dragon night but if i use calcium iron etc, it says it wont have any effect and i havent used any on it before.

Its stats are:
    Docile nature
    Hp 313
    Atk 296
    Def 203
    Sp. Atk 230
    Sp. Def 200
    Speed 201
    its male and is level 93

i would also like o ask when i click summary at the side if the image of dragonite it has an red face i wanted to know what this means.

Thanks

Danny

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    Hi i don't know if this is in the right place or not as i havent been on here in a long time.

I think that this needs to be in the Movesets and Strategies section, although I myself have no power to move it and such.

Also i want to increase the attack defense etc on my dragon night but if i use calcium iron etc, it says it wont have any effect and i havent used any on it before.

I believe that, since you mentioned that the Dragonite in question has been "traded around", that others have likely used items like Calcium and Iron, meaning that it has hit the peak in which it can take more vitamins. This means you'll have to raise its EVs and Stats through other means.

i would also like o ask when i click summary at the side if the image of dragonite it has an red face i wanted to know what this means.

A typical case of the immunity to Pokerus. Pokerus is a "disease" which can occasionally afflict your Pokemon, although it is not a bad thing. It causes Effort Values (Or EVs) to be gained at an increased level for some period of time, roughly double I believe. Once this grace-period has ended, a small red face will appear noting that this Pokemon once had Pokerus, but has now been cured. This means that it will no longer be able to catch from, or spread the disease to other Pokemon. However, it will still gain double the EVs, making this a very useful way of training Pokemon.

I hope that this helps!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    1. Legend Ribbon is a ribbon for indicating Dragonite was on a Team that defeated Red.
    2. Use EV Reducing Berries
    3. Pretty sure that red face means the pokerus is neutralized, which means it can no longer spread it, but I believe the events are still in place.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    I ment that when i traded it around i first caught it and traded it between my games a lot and i havent used any of the items on it before and what are ev berries?

Thanks

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Ev Reducing Berries are Berries that you give to you pokemon to reduce a specific EV value.

HP Reducing = Pomeg Berry
    Attack Reducing = Kelpsy Berry
    Defensive Reducing = Qualot Berry
    Special Attack Reducing = Hondew Berry
    Special Defense Reducing = Grepa Berry
    Speed Reducing = Tamato Berry

Back