• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
is it possible to do it with just this "NDS backup adaptor plus" I've seen online? so I wouldn't have to get a flash cart and download special software and use FTP programs and all that?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
where can i find fc code#?

Kay I might as well respond since I have time now.

Go to Striaton, make sure you've gone through the Dreamyard's events and then talk to Professor Fennel in the house on the right. Talk to her and her assistant will give you a pal pad. Then go to the pokemon centre and in the far back in the middle, talk to that lady. She'll tell you that you need a friend code in order to use wifi. Then, once you've clicked through and connected to the wifi connection go to your items list and find key items. In key items you'll see "pal pad". Click on where it says "your friend code". It'll display it there :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
The NDS Adaptor Plus is exactly what you need. You can backup the .sav file from the retail cartridge and restore the back up to the cartridge if you need to. I have it and have done it, so I know it works. With the NDS Adaptor, you don't need a flash cart. Be aware, however, that it isn't Mac compatible; it works with any number of MS Windows operating systems, but not with Mac.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
The NDS Adaptor Plus is exactly what you need. You can backup the .sav file from the retail cartridge and restore the back up to the cartridge if you need to. I have it and have done it, so I know it works. With the NDS Adaptor, you don't need a flash cart. Be aware, however, that it isn't Mac compatible; it works with any number of MS Windows operating systems, but not with Mac.

That's great news. And it saves the WHOLE game, as in, if I lost my white cartridge, I could reload the saved .sav file onto a new retail cartridge and have everything back just as it was?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
That's great news. And it saves the WHOLE game, as in, if I lost my white cartridge, I could reload the saved .sav file onto a new retail cartridge and have everything back just as it was?

Yes, that is what it says it will do. If you only care about your Pokémon though, there is a way to back them up for free if you know how to use .pkm files.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I was just wondering if there is an EV checker. Yes, EV, not IV. I remember there being Mr in Gen4, but forget if he is in Unova. The man didn't tell you your Pokemons exact EVs, just if you were maxed out or not.

Sorry about any typos, IM using my mothers Droid.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I was just wondering if there is an EV checker. Yes, EV, not IV. I remember there being Mr in Gen4, but forget if he is in Unova. The man didn't tell you your Pokemons exact EVs, just if you were maxed out or not.

Sorry about any typos, IM using my mothers Droid.
Since there aren't any ribbons there is no longer the girl who checks EVs and lets you know how well you're doing with an Effort Ribbon unfortunately. However in Opelucid City, there is a girl whose house is to the right of Drayden's house. She will give you a reply on how well you're doing with your EV'd Pokémon as long as it is in the first slot of your team.

Hope this helps!

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Did I do a good job picking a flying type

I asked several days ago what was the best flying type to have in my party, and all I got for responses was where every flying type is...

now I have another question, was it a good choice that I made, the flying type I have in my party right now is sigilyph...

is sigilyph a good choice as far as flying type to have in my party?

it seems to do well for me so far...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Sigilyph is beastly in Sp. Atk, but when you go to teach it fly... it's not particularly good with that. Besides that though, Sigilyph is a good choice. Really they're all pretty good you just need to know what to stay away from. Swanna isn't terrible, but it's probably the worst of the Gen V Flying types. Tranquill is okay once you teach it Fly and Acrobatics, but before that it kinda sucks lol. I'd say the best one is Archeops, you just have to try to keep it above Half HP, which is way harder than it sounds.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Its not really that hard to keep Archeops above half HP, its huge attack destroys anyone that dosen't resist it, In my opinion Archeops would be the best choice. Not saying Sigilyph is bad though, its fine.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hey. When RNG Breeding, if one of the parents is from USA and the other from UK is that classed as international breeding?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Im trying to breed my Male Pichu with Ditto and they man says "they seem to play with other pokemon than each other". I looked around and I found different answers. One said they changed the game so you have to breed Pichu w/ pichu. I just wanted to confirm if this was correct. Thanks in advance.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Im trying to breed my Male Pichu with Ditto and they man says "they seem to play with other pokemon than each other". I looked around and I found different answers. One said they changed the game so you have to breed Pichu w/ pichu. I just wanted to confirm if this was correct. Thanks in advance.

If I'm not wrong, Pichu is part of the Non-Egg group, as being a "baby", it can't breed with anyone. You need to breed a Pikachu and a Ditto to get another Pichu.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

If I'm not wrong, Pichu is part of the Non-Egg group, as being a "baby", it can't breed with anyone. You need to breed a Pikachu and a Ditto to get another Pichu.

DarkAlucard, you are correct. Pichu could never breed with any other Pokémon since it is in the "Undiscovered" egg group (formerly called the "No-Eggs" Group in Pokémon Stadium 2). The Undiscovered egg group consists of mostly Legendary and Baby Pokémon. Any Pokémon in that group cannot breed at all. Bulbapedia has the full list of all of the Pokémon that are in that egg group in case you wanted to see the rest. If you want to breed your Pichu, you will have to evolve it into Pikachu first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back