• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Quotes and Mentions

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
  • I'd like to propose to have a way of receiving a notification when someone quotes you or mentions you( with @username).Mainly because when someone do either of these it's because it's talking to you. I know it's not impossible on vBulletin because Bulbagarden can do it.

So,that is my suggestion, as for practical uses, it ca be used on shops, clubs, debates and discussions.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I know I've seen this suggested in the past (here for example) and I know I have agreed with it in the past and still agree with it. Sometimes I post in threads and forget that I've posted in them, and subscriptions just aren't for me. This has fallen into the black hole probably mostly because of the automatic "IT'S LIKE FACEBOOK HOW TERRIBLE", tbh.

Although isn't Bulbagarden on vb4? Does that have something to do with their ability to do it, or could they do it before? Is it something they coded themselves or something built-in?

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
  • Well, I don't know about this technical part, but I disagree with the "IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE FACEBOOK" part,mainly because people are jumping to conclusions ...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The more this is suggested, the more I want it. There's a plugin for v3. Another forum I go on has it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't remember if I agreed with this in the past, but I do certainly agree with this now. I never do subscriptions, and if people ever do quote me, I don't know because there's certainly no notification for it, and I tend to not go back to topics I've posted in. Not that I do many discussions threads, but when I do every now and then it's nice to know when/if I've been quoted.

Years
  • hello, I am a fairly new user here, but judging from the options below each post, I think I can quote people right? Yep, that would be easier to maintain a conversation regarding a topic.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
  • I think you've misunderstood what I meant
    Of course you can quote people,you always could; I'm proposing a notification for when you get quoted. So you'll know and will be able to answer it quickly, as most of the time,when you quote someone you're starting a debate/discussion/conversation with him/her.
    I'm also proposing mentions,but that's a whole different story ....

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The more this is suggested, the more I want it. There's a plugin for v3. Another forum I go on has it.

Agreeing with this!

Still want this feature. o uo

edit: oh wait wait.. I do remember thinking this feature would be annoying for people who were quoted all the dang time.
    Then they'd log on and depending on how long they'd been gone would have like 50 notifications. XD;

Though I suppose they could just bare with it.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
  • ...Or disable it. Perhaps alongside this, we can opt out of quote notification.

That's a good idea. I'm set to subscribe when I post,but looking at the CP all the time ...
    Specially when you leave for a while and the message is "Old"

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I know this feature, the last forum I had been to has this installed into their server, having notifications would be great as you can easily reply to those who quoted to your post. :)

Back