• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
Years
  • Version: Emerald
    Type: Poison
    Started Off With mudkip. Helped Prof.
    Beat May

Went Back to Profs.
    Caught A Wurmple.
    Grinded it to level 7 to get Cascoon.

Then Grinded Cascoon to lvl 10 For Dustox

Then Beat The Grunt In The Forest.

Currently Grinding to Lvl 25 before facing Roxanne.
    Team:
    Dustox lvl 15
    Relaxed
    Tackle-Confusion-Harden-Poison Sting

Last edited:

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
    Years
  • Sorry for my late update. I've been very busy lately ^^;

At The Weather Institute:.
    While starting in the middle of route 119, I decided to challenge Bug Catcher Greg. He starts out with a volbeat and since I start out with Ancient I decided to secret power it. But with one signal beam Ancient were taken down. Silent took care of the volbeat instead. Next he sends out an Illumise which Silent takes down easily as well.

Next up I went ahead and challenged Bug Maniac Donald with his three pokémon. He sends out first a Wurmple which Ancient easily takes down after been revived before the battle. Donald's second pokémon is a Beautifly which goes down fairly well. Silcoon is his third and last pokémon which also goes down fairly easy.

The third Bug Trainer on the route didn't I catch the name of but he uses a ninjask which went down by some Secret Power.

Are there only bug traineres here? But anyways, next up is Bug Maniac Taylor with his three pokémon. He starts off with a wurmple which Ancient takes on easily. Next up is Dustox which I thought Ancient would take on easily but Dustox whirlwinds and forces the HM Slave out. In order for the HM Slave to not get EXP I let it stay in and get taken down by dustox. I then sent in Destiny but got whirlwind away into Fate. Fate then finally takes it down with gust. His last pokémon is a Cascoon which Ancient takes on easily.After the battle I went ahead and challenged Bug Catcher Doug with his two pokémon. First out is a Nincada which I switch Fate into and take it down with Mega Drain. His second pokémon is a Ninjask which Ancient takes on alone.

Last trainer of the "Mimic Circle" is Bug Maniac Brent with his Surskit. Without much trouble it gets taken down by Fate since Ancient gets taken down by a bubblebeam.

I grabbed the berries just a couple of metres ahead and then went ahead and challenged Pokémon Ranger Catherine. She starts off with a gloom which Destiny takes on easily with Psybeam. Catherine's last pokémon is a Roselia which Destiny takes on as well.

Next up is Pokémon Ranger Jackson with his Breloom. With Fate's help the breloom were nothing.

Walking ahead I got challenged by Parasol Lady Rachel and her Goldeen. Without much problem, it get taken down by Fate's Mega Drain.

After that is probably the trainer who I would of double battled together with the Parasol lady if I didn't battle her first. Bird Keeper Phil sends out a Swellow which Ancient takes on somewhat well.

Running ahead I went directly to the Weather instuite and heal up in the bed. I then go ahead and challenge the first Team Aqua grunt to the right with her Carvanha. Fate takes it down easily.

I then get challenged by another Team Aqua grunt with his two pokémon. First up is a Zubat which Ancient takes on without much trouble. After that he sends out a Poochyena which Ancient takes on fairly well.

After that is a double battle between two Team Aqua Grunts. They send out a zubat and a poochyena. I immediately switches out Silent for Destiny in case any of those got moves that can hurt Silent. Poochyena goes down by a HP Bug and zubat goes down with two Secret Powers. Next up is a carvanha and another Poochyena. Without much trouble they get taken down as well.

Last Team Aqua Grunt before the admin uses three pokémon. His first is a Poochyena which gets taken down fairly well by Ancient. Next up is a zubat which also gets taken down by Ancient. His last pokémon is a carvanha which Destiny takes on instead.

All right, time for the Team Aqua Admin. I go heal up in the bed before I challenge her.
    Aqua Admin Shelly challenges me to a battle with her two pokémon. First out she sends out a Carvanha. Believing it may know a water move I switch out Ancient for Fate. It crits Fate with its crunch but Fate survives with yellow HP. I then uses a Mega Drain to get back to the green. Shelly's last pokémon is a mightyena which gets taken down by Destiny's HP Bug.

After healed up in the bed I go ahead and get challenged by Brendan on the other side of the bridge. Starting off with a slugma I had to switch Silent for Ancient since one fire move and its down. With some secret power, the slugma were taken down fairly well. Next up Brendan sends out a pelipper. I switch out to Fate to take it down with HP Electric. I let Fate stay in on Grovyle and takes it down with gust.
    Last trainers to battle in this update are Guitarist Fabian and Ninja Boy Yasu. They send out Manectric and Ninjask. With some Swords Dance and a cut, the Manectric gets taken down. Ninjask goes down with some Secret Power.

I've now healed up in Fortree City's Pokémon Center where I'm currently located. During my next update I may get my final team members.

.:Current Team:.
    Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV32 ::HP-Electric::
    ~ Hidden Power, Gust, Mega Drain, Flash
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV32 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Hidden Power, Moonlight, Harden
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV29 ::HP-Fighting::
    ~ Hidden Power, Cut, Leech Life, Swords Dance
    Ancient the Adamant Anorith:. LV30 ::HP-Dragon::
    ~ Secret Power, Metal Claw, Water Gun, Harden

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Name;Cystar
    Verision: Ruby/ emerlad will make it clear in first update
    Type: Flying

Years
  • Sorry for the long time. I've been pretty busy lately >.>

So, started. Named myself Pyro, and picked Treecko (my favorite). After naming him Raizei, I continued through, catching a ... God dang it, blanking atm... outside of Petalburg, and named him Hawk. I ground in the grass a bit, before continuing into the woods. I caught a Cascoon (I evolved this, mistakenly thinking that it evolved into a flying type, but then SRed to before the evolution. I accidentally thpught that Beautifly+Dustox were the same type), Wurmple (which became a Beautifly), and another Wurmple. After the Woods, I was roughly:
    Hawk: 12
    Silcoon: 6
    Cascoon: 7 (this is Boxed now)
    Raizei: 8

I continued, killing helpless Pokemon at my leisure. I walked to the Gym and challenged the first trainer with Hawk. After a narrow victory, I went and caught Wingull. I gound him to 12, caught a Nincada, and crushed Roxanne (sp?). I continued into the unfinished tunnel, coming out with:

Hawk:14
    Wingull:14
    Cascoon: 9<-this never fought, I forgot to mentioned. I switched it in and out to get exp.
    Silcoon:7
    Nincada:6<-Probably won't use this

I continued to Dewford, rapidly crushed the gym and all nearby trainers (come on, Magikraps?), then went to Steven. Silcoon evolved in the gym. On my way, a level 7 Zubat was caught. After getting to Slateport, I had him named Baroan.

I am currently in Slateport, with:
    Hawk: 16
    Wingull: 16<-might name this Albatross
    Beautifly: 10
    Nincada: 6
    Baroan: 7
    Raizei: 8

I'll try to do better in/for future updates, sorry that this one sucked.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I know it's been awhile but...

Emerald Unevolved MonoType Water Challenge: COMPLETED!! 51:52

Mudkip (Level 61)@Everstone
    Met at level 5
    Lax - Torrent
    ~Rock Smash
    ~Strength
    ~Dig
    ~Surf

Chinchou (Level 59)@Magnet
    Met at level 30
    Jolly - Volt Absorb
    ~Flail
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunderbolt

Wingull (Level 59)@Sea Incense
    Met at level 2
    Naughty - Keen Eye
    ~Fly
    ~Water Pulse
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Aerial Ace

Corphish (Level 58)@Silk Scarf
    Met at level 26
    Hardy - Shell Armor
    ~Cut
    ~Waterfall
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Return

Barboach (Level 58)@Mystic Water
    Met at level 28
    Lonely - Oblivious
    ~Earthquake
    ~Secret Power
    ~Dive
    ~Surf

Lotad (Level 30)@Miracle Seed
    Met at level 4
    Adamant - Rain Dish
    ~Bullet Seed
    ~Flash
    ~Absorb
    ~Nature Power

At the end of my last update I had 6 Badges and was closing in on my 7th. I eventually reached Mosdeep but decided to explore Shoal Cave and what not before challenging the gym. It was against Tate and Liza that I lost my first ever match. They chose to use 4 Hyper Potions on Xatu and an ill timed Critical hit on my Mudkip did me in. On the rematch though I encountered only one Hyper Potion on Solrock and beat them ease. Go figure. :P
    After that I found Sootopolis while trying to find Aqua and their sub. After an hour of searching I realised I was in the wrong route, hence my inability to find it. :P After finding them I breezed through and then flew back to Sootopolis where the war was a raging. Then it was off to Padificlodge. Needless to say I took my time battling all the trainers I could find. After healing up there I headed up to the top of Sky Pillar and unleashed the beast. I took my sweet time after that and decided to go catch another Chinchou since I hated the one I had found. After searching and searching I finally found one with Volt Absorb that was above level 25. Being level 30 was a bonus. Jolly wasn't a great nature but it seemed to have decent IV's and I figured the speed would come in handy. Plus I don't really care about IV's and natures in game, I only use them to help me decide between using two Pokemon of the same species.

Now with my Chinchou and acsess to Dive I decided it was time to do the Cianwood surfing routes and explore the Abandoned Ship, my little journey got my beloved Chinchou up ten levels to level 40. It was then to the Trick House to do the Trick Masters two latest challenges. Between that and all the trainers I had missed between Sootopolis and Pacificlodge as well as the ones on the currents beyond Pacificlodge I had my Chinchou into the high 40's. I decided before challenging Juan I wanted Mudkip to be level 57 and the other 4 to be 55 (one level for everyone but Chinchou). To save myself some time I decided to grind Chinchou to level 50 where I'd use 5 of my 6 Rare Candies to speed up the process. Giving my other one to Corphish. Everything went according to plan except that while exploring the Shoal Cave in high tide I found yet another Rare Candy and used it on Barboach.
    With that all done I decided to challenge the Water Gym. In short it was pathetic, Chinchou killed the entire gym barring Kingdra who I just outwaited with Corphish.

Now before utilising my new found ability to scale Waterfalls to get to Evergrande City I decided to go explore the other 3 Waterfalls that I could remember. The three being located in Meteor Falls, West of Fallarbor Town on route 114 and South West of Fortree on Route 119 by the Weather Institute. My explorations left me with a new Secret Base and 2 more Rare Candies. Now it was off to Victory Road!! Victory Road I had fun in and managed to get by pretty well until the last couple battles, especially the last double battle with Slaking and Gardevoir but through it all I prevailed. Mudkip was Level 58 at the time; Chinchou, Wingull and Barboach were 57 and Corphish 56. I decided I wanted Mudkip level 60 (the rest 58) before challenging the Elite 4. I grinded each Pokemon up a level (going back and getting items I missed along the way) and used my two rare candies to get Corphish (thing takes forever to level up) and Mudkip to 58 and 60 respectively. Then I challenged the Elite 4.

Except in my hast I had forgotten to heal, so intentionally putting no effort into my battles I beat Sydney and his Dark types before finally losing to Pheobe. So now all healed up, caring 16 revives, 10 Hyper Potions and 4 Full Restores I challenged for real this time. I beat Sydney and Phoebe with relative easy, only having to use a revive on Barboach as well as an Elixir for all the PP he lost to Dusclops. After that came Glacia where Chinchou pretty much stole the show. Mudkip helped out but Chinchou really came and cleaned everything up. Next up Dragon Mast Drake.

After a challenging but convincing defeat over Glacia, I headed into Shark infested (or Dragon rather) waters (cause I'm monowater. :P) against Drake. I sent out Corphish to deal with Shelgon, he accomplished his task but losing what little speed he had to Rock Tomb certainly didn't help. Altaria did away with him, than came in Chinchou to clean up. Altaria survived Chinchou's Ice Beam in the red but failed to kill with Dragon Claw. And let me say, that's a recurring theme, Chinchou is a beast. After another Ice Beam from my wide eyed Crusader, Altaria was dead. Next came in Flygon who I was scared of being outspeeded by (though that was yet to happen) so I switched to Barboach. After getting him down to just past half Barboach surrendered to Flygon's Earthquake. In came Mudkip and a quick Surf lated and Flygon was dead. Next up was Kingdra where using the help of my true MVP, Mudkip managed to finish off with minimal health remaining. Wanting to save a revive I let a relatively health Chinchou come in against Mence. Salamence came large and ferocious, outspeeding Chinchou for the first time and using Dragon Claw. Chinchou would survive though and do a good 75% to Mencey and, with fingers crossed, froze him as well!! Hallelujah!! The battle was over. Next up Wallace.

Saving the details, my first attempt I got Toxic, Recover Stalled to death by his Milotic. Round 2 (I saved and shut it off. :P)

So at this point I had 4 Hyper Potions, 9 Revives and 4 Full Restores left. Let the battle begin. I was greeted by his giant Whale which I quickly countered with Ol' Reliable. Chinchou, quickly Chinchou landed a thunder bolt that might as well as been a harpoon, A critical hit! And Moby was down. Then came out Gyrados, scoffing I commanded Chinchou to thunder bolt and before he could roar, the mighty water flying dragon thing was earthed. I switched to Wingull as Ludicolo came out and the battle raged. Litterally, I had to revive Wingull 3 times and use 3 Hyper Potions before that stupid thing was dead. Grass types are lame. Now out came Tentacruel, I sent out Barboach after Wingull went down but before he could land an Earthquake, Hydro Pump had finished it off. I sent out Mudkip to Dig his way to victory, combined with my true MVP of course. The going was tough and I had to sacrifice my sacrifice in Lotad to heal him up but eventually the job was done. Now, came Milotic.

Taking down Milotic was a sight that truly could have brought tears to my eyes. Mudkip fought hard and never gave up, surviving Toxic, while making use of my true MVP. I cheered as with a final Strength Mudkip brought the beast down. My excitement was quickly killed when I realised Whiscash was coming out. Generation after generation this thing causes me troubles for some reason, but this time I would get the better of him. I switched to Chinchou to get a Surf in to cause some damage before he was taken by a super effective EQ. Then it was back to Mudkip to rework his magic. My True MVP landed two good hits before Mudkip was fallen to a critical hit. It was up to Corphish. Unlike Chinchou and Mudkip, Corphish had been sitting back all battle and was rested, all ready for his big moment. It was overtime of game 7, Stanley Cup finals. Pressure was on. Whishcash went first and used Earthquake, in this moment I thanked myself for opting for a Battle Armoured Corphish so a critical hit wouldn't ruin my dreams. I watched as Corphish survived with 68/130HP. It was time, for Return. Whiscash had slightly more than half HP but quickly dropped to yellow, than red and than dead. It was over!! I had won!! Cheers filled my bedroom and I thanked Corphish for being so clutch. I finished the battle with 0 Hyper Potions, 1 Revive and 2 Full Restores. My next move? Report to the R/S/E Monotype thread. =D

Runner Up for Team MVP

Chinchou was amazing for me, but being my last obtained Pokemon, it was hard for this to really considered my MVP. It still deserves huge metion though for being huge late game. Chinchou is the reason why I beat Juan so easily, Glacia like I did and probably Drake at all. Not to mention his invaluable contributions against Wallace and how she could take down those stupid annyoing Golbats in Victory Road. Couple all this with the fact that Chinchou had almost unmatchable bulk. Chinchou was an absolute force since the moment I got her and I owe alot of my completion to her.

Team MVP

Wingull was amazing. I don't think I would have had a hope at completing this thing without the help from by good buddy Wingull. From the start he was easy to train and throughout the entire challenge he was my only way of beating grass types and he always rose to those occasions. His Aerial Ace was my only way of dealing with pesky evasion raisers and Water Pulse gave me some timely confusions. Namely against Flygon (I know I forgot to mention that). And it that wasn't enough, he outsped everything, not even the lightning quick Swellow could keep up with this guy. Near the end he faltered a little bit when introduced to stronger Pokemon with stronger attacks but little of that matters. If it wasn't for Wingull, Chinchou never would have had the chance to take over. All this without even mentioning the fact he carried me on his back when I used fly and how he was the perfect doubles partner to Barboach. My own Earthquakes only ever hurt the opposition because of it. Wingull was my MVP and thank goodness, who knows where I would have been without my speedy grass killer.

But neither of those two Pokemon were my true MVP. No that honour belongs not to a Pokemon but a move:

No not Charizard, ROCK SMASH!! Yes I don't care what anyone says about it or the fact it only had 20 base power in Emerald but HM06 Rock Smash was my true MVP. I would have never beaten Wallace without it's defense lowers. When I was low on PP, Rock Smash bailed me out. When I had to avoid potions against gym leaders, Rock Smash was there. If Slacking was running amuk on me (Victory Road especially) Rock Smash bailed me out. Sure it never hit too hard but I always had it, and the 50% defense lower was godlike. It helped me beat Sydney, Glacia and Drake. It was the single most important factor in taking down Milotic and setting up Corphish for the win. Every once in awhile it's super effective hit would be enough as well. Rock Smash is win. Simple as that.

When I saw this thread I decided I'd make it an unevolved challenge as well because I thought that if anything was going to ever challenge me, this would. Boy was I right, it was truly a battle for the first time since my original days playing Gold (I wasn't the brightest...) and that last battle will go down in history as one of the most epic Pokemon related experiences I've ever been through. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of myself and I might deserve some extra credit (hint hint) for this acheivement. :P Nah I'm kidding :P But all in all it was awesome and superbly challenging. HAIL ROCK SMASH!!

Years
  • Alright i WAS on the 8th badge but then i saved and i guess it didnt save properly and its making me start at the 5th badge again and i dont wanna go through all that again so im gonna drop this challenge.

Phye

Years
  • I will now only update with smaller updates and will write more thoroughly on important battles like rival battles, gym leader battles, team aqua/magma leader battles and similar.
    This will help in me progressing more since otherwise I would write every single detail I do meanwhile I play the game.

Fly on the wings of Bugs!:.

• Got the Devon Scope from Steven.
    • Silent owned in a double battle with a Castform and a manectric. That manectric one hitted all other with Thunder(including the HM Slave =P). Thanks to wonder guard Silent surived.
    • Silent learned Confuse Ray instead of Leech Life.
    • Ancient learns Protect instead of Water Gun.
    • Got the Pokeblock Case in Lilycove City.
    • After what felt like hours of searching in the Safari Zone I found myself a Pinsir and a Heracross. Also I had to throw at least a million safari balls at them for them to be caught T.T
    • I've run into 5 Pinsir and 1 Heracross before I finally caught them. They are way too hard to find and catch... But my Bug Team need the power houses D=
    • Woah I only had to throw one safari ball to catch the first Heracross I found .__.
    • I also had to enter the Safari Zone 5 times.
    • I welcome Prayer the Female Bashful Pinsir and Hero the Careful Heracross as my new and final members of the team.
    • Teached Hidden Power on both of them to check what they got on a Kecleon. Prayer got HP Bug which is an awesome type to have since she doesn't learn any bug type moves. Hero got HP Ghost which could be useful to have since his fighting type moves won't affect psychic and ghost types.
    • Took down every single trainer in Winona's Gym with Fate's HP Electric. Took some help from Ancient whenever there was a Double battle though.
    • Learned Silver Wind instead of Gust. Will be teaching Aerial Ace to someone else.
    Gymleader Battle VS Winona:.
    She starts off with a Swablu which easily gets taken down by HP Electric. Next up is her Tropius. With some difficult I managed to take it down but I had to switch out for Prayer since she got the most defence atm. Its Aerial Ace really hurts + synthesis really slowed it down. Prayer got up 6 hardens before starting to sweep with its mediocre attacks against flying types. But without warning she switches out her Tropius for her Pelipper and then she directly switches out to her altaria o.O; when I was healing up Fate.
    Against Altaria's dragonbreath, Prayer's harden didn't help much and its dragon dance was scaring me. But finally it went down with seismic toss.
    Tropius gets sent in again and I decide to let Prayer stay in and heal. After a seismic toss she decides to switch in pelipper. I used Fate's HP Electric and it was a piece of cake.
    Last is Winona's Skarmory. It went down with two HP Electric.

And thus I have earned my sixth badge and Aerial Ace! =D I teached Silent Aerial Ace since it was time for her to gain a new move. ^.^

I'm now currently located inside the pokémon center in Fortree City were Im currently healed up.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV35 ::HP-Electric::
    ~ Hidden Power, Silver Wind, Mega Drain, Flash
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV33 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Hidden Power, Light Screen, Harden
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV32 ::HP-Fighting::
    ~ Hidden Power, Aerial Ace, Cut, Swords Dance
    Ancient the Adamant Anorith:. LV34 ::HP-Dragon::
    ~ Secret Power, Metal Claw, Protect, Harden

Prayer the Bashful Pinsir:. LV29 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Hidden Power, Revenge, Seismic Toss, Harden

Hero the Careful Heracross:. LV27 ::HP-Ghost::
    ~ Brick Break, Hidden Power, Horn Attack, Endure

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Username: im Dooxer, character name Dijon
    Type: STEEL
    Version: Emerald

i will edit after i find out what pokemons exactly i'll use... I know skarmory for sure

Phye

Years
  • A Minor Update:.

• Caught HM Friend Tropica the Tropius and teached her Fly.
    • Got the Mach Bike back since I only used the Acro Bike to get Hero and I like speed more than style =P.
    .:Battle against Brendan:.
    I start off with Ancient since I want to train him to level 40 so he will evolve. He starts off with a Tropius which Ancient takes on with Secret Power. Paralysing the dinosaur worked out in our favour. After some Secret Power it was taken down.
    Next up is Slugma. With some Secret Power it gets taken down as well. However I realised when he sent out pelipper that I had forgot to switch back Fate from the PC. Tropica was still in the party taking space. I decided to switch in Destiny for whatever reason and began Psybeaming away but Fate didn't do much damage to it. I sent Prayer in instead and hopefully do something against Pelipper. Seismic Toss is a life saver but confusion and wing attack is not D= Finally it went down after some super potions on my part.
    Brendan's last pokémon is Grovyle and I send in Ancient again however he gets taken down by a leaf blade so I had to switch in Destiny instead and take it down with HP Bug. Prayer were at to low health since I was afraid of a crit could happen.

• After the battle I decided to let Destiny learn Silver Wind instead of HP Bug since Silver Wind could give Destiny +1 in all stats.
    • I restocked on potions in the mart and went to mt. pyre with HM Slave Mudkip in party instead of Fate.
    • It's hard to choose which pokémon you want on standby when you got a lot to choose from ^^; and I love all my bug friends =D
    • Teached Hero Bulk Up instead of Endure.
    • Removed Cut and Flash on Silent and Fate respectively.
    • Teached Rock Tomb to Prayer instead of harden.
    Currently located inside Lilycove City's Pokémon Center.

~ Hidden Power, Silver Wind, Mega Drain
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV34 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Silver Wind, Light Screen, Harden
    ~ Hidden Power, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance
    Ancient the Adamant Anorith:. LV35 ::HP-Dragon::

Prayer the Bashful Pinsir:. LV29 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Hidden Power, Revenge, Rock Tomb, Seismic Toss

Hero the Careful Heracross:. LV27 ::HP-Ghost::
    ~ Brick Break, Hidden Power, Horn Attack, Bulk Up

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    Well, I started off with Treecko just to make getting through the first gym as easy as possible. I wanted to get a Rock-type as quickly as I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm2awrLdR3g

Roxanne's Geodude both went down easily, but Nosepass took a few soft resets to beat. I was then recruited by Devon Co. to deliver a letter to Steven Stone and a package to Cpt. Stern.

When I arrived on Dewford, I immediately went into Granite Cave and caught a Geodude. I took him back to Petalburg and Rustboro for some lower level training. Once he was high enough, I returned to Dewford and trained a bit more. Eventually I ventured into the lower region of Granite Cave and captured an Aron. I then deposited Grovyle forever, attempting to release it, but it would have none of that. Therefore, it just sits in my box for now.

After grinding Geodude and Aron to levels 21 and 20, respectively, I challenged Brawly to a battle.

Geodude/Geodude
    Male
    Level 22
    -Tackle
    -Selfdestruct
    -Magnitude
    -Rock Throw

Aron/Aron
    Male
    Level 21
    -Headbutt
    -Iron Defense
    -Mud Slap
    -Metal Claw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx5PC0hhU4&feature=related

Geodude's newly acquired Selfdestruct proved to be an incredible asset against Brawly's Makuhita, whom had a habit of defeating Rock-types with Arm Thrust with relative ease.

With my new badge, I boarded the ferry to Slateport and took refuge in the local Pokemon Center until my next entry.

Phye

Years
  • At Mt. Pyre:.

• Grabbed Solarbeam from the Safari Zone and taught it to Fate.
    • Went to the Scorched Slab and grabbed myself a Sunny Day TM And taught it to Fate as well.
    • Let Silent Stay in PC this time while I use Blue my Mudkip as a surfer to Mt. Pyre.
    • Went to the top of the inside of Mt.Pyre and grabbed myself TM Shadow Ball + some other items.
    • Hero learned counter instead of Horn Attack.
    • Beat down every Team Aqua Grunt outside Mt. Pyre. Its so much easier now when I got Prayer and Hero on my team =D
    • Received the Magma Emblem from the Old Couple.
    Taking a break in Lavaridge Town's Pokémon Center atm.

~ Hidden Power, Solarbeam, Mega Drain, Sunny Day
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV35 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Silver Wind, Light Screen, Harden
    ~ Hidden Power, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance
    Ancient the Adamant Anorith:. LV35 ::HP-Dragon::

Prayer the Bashful Pinsir:. LV30 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Hidden Power, Revenge, Rock Tomb, Seismic Toss

Hero the Careful Heracross:. LV31 ::HP-Ghost::
    ~ Brick Break, Hidden Power, Counter, Bulk Up

King!

better
    Years
  • Sorry everyone, real life has been limiting my time on here, and I foudn ti hard to come on. >.<; So, it will be updated tomorrow, when I can stay up nlater. Sorry for any inconvienience! I thought three others had the password....

Years
  • I typed a detailed summary of my win against Wattson, but my iPod fails, so I'll just say that I had to revive Hawk once, he was level 28, and I basically spammed Quick Attack.

Years
  • Some small update...

Currently fighting the Elite Four, next trainer i need to fight is Drake, but I think that I'll never be able to beat him, or it will at least take a while. I hate his Salamence.I hate his Salamence's flamethrower and fly and every single thing which has somekind of connection to his Salamence.

Phye

Years
  • A Psychotic adventure starring Team Magma and Team Aqua:.

• Put Silent in PC and switched for Tropica the Strength and Rock Smash HM Slave.
    • Silent won't be any good against Team Magma anyways.
    • Prayer learned Brick Break instead of Revenge.
    • Prayer owned every grunt inside Team Magma's base! =D
    • Beat Magma admin Tabitha with Prayer and a little help from Tropica for healing purposes.
    .:VS Magma Leader Maxie:.
    I healed up all my pokémon before taking on Maxie. I start with Prayer and he starts off with a Mightyena. Thanks to Prayer's Hyper Cutter she doesn't get any attack reduction from intimidate. With two brick breaks the mightyena goes down. Swagger boosted Prayer's attack but with some help from a persim berry I got no confusion from it.
    Next up is a camerupt which Im afraid of staying in but who else could take it on? I let Prayer stay in since she got +2 atk atm and try taking it down with Brick Break. Well with two brick breaks it was taken down thanks to camerupt using amnesia instead of attacking.
    Maxie's last pokémon is a Crobat. I let Prayer stay in and rock tomb it. Prayer takes the Wing Attack with low hp left and CRITs the Crobat with rock tomb. That ends the battle against Magma Leader Maxie! =D Victory!

• Since I already got Tropica in party I decided to fly to Slateport right away.
    • After watching Archie steal the submarine I headed over to Lilycove and switched Tropica with Blue the mudkip.
    • Prayer for Magma and Hero for Aqua =P Switched to Hero to the front and took on all the grunts in Team Aqua's base with him.
    • Beat Aqua Admin Matt with Hero, Prayer and Ancient since one wing attack took down Hero and Prayer got one crit wing attack on her which took her down as well .__.
    • Hero is very allergic to Flying Moves... and golbat got luck against Prayer. D= Ancient is a beast. x3
    • Swam all the way to Mosdeep City and healed my pokémon. Took out Silent from the PC. Time to take on the Psychic Gym!
    • Hero doesn't like this gym. But I used him anyways and he went down to the first Psychic move... Sorry Hero!
    • Silent and Prayer will have to do the rest of the gym.
    • Silent: "Cant touch this, na na na na na."
    .:VS Gym Leader Tate and Liza:.
    I start off with Silent and Prayer as I've done in the battles in the gym. They send out Claydol and Xatu. I decide to use swords dance on Silent while Prayer use HP Bug on Claydol but Silent gets down by an Ancientpower from Claydol which he also gets a stat boost of. It's not starting out very well. Destiny is sent in to use Light Screen as soon as possible since I will be needing the extra special boost. Prayer is the only one getting hit that turn luckily but she gets massacred to death by both xatu and claydol D=.
    Next up is Fate's turn. Light Screen is up and time for some sunny day. Unfortunately Claydol still can use ancient power and took Fate down before she could do anything.
    Ancient is sent out since Im afraid of psychic, and even with a light screen boost destiny gets taken down since that xatu had one calm mind up as well.
    Im now down to my last two pokémon, I just try to do my best. Claydol takes Ancient down with one earthquake and Hero gets taken down by a psychic.

Since I can obviously not win with low level pokémon. My opponent having level 41+ I decided to go grind some levels. It was a pain in the ass but I managed to get all my pokémon to 40 before trying again.

During the grinding:

• Ancient Learned Ancientpower and evolved into an Armaldo.
    • Silent Learned Shadow Ball.
    • Fate Learned Giga Drain.
    • Destiny Learned Toxic.
    .:2nd Try VS Gym Leader Tate and Liza:.
    Allright time to try this again. Silent and Prayer out first against Xatu and Claydol. Silent gets taken down by Ancientpower again and Hero gets sent out. Unfortunately is xatu faster and takes him down with Psychic.
    I sent out Ancient and got hit by earthquake but due to its new bulk it didn't do much damage to him. Prayer gets taken down the next turn by a critical psychic.
    I then send out Fate since I predicted a earthquake and I was right. But with Ancient and Fate out against Solrock and Claydol it looked pretty grim. I decided to heal up Ancient this turn and use Giga Drain on solrock with Fate. But Fate is still not faster than Claydol and gets taken down by its Ancientpower.
    Destiny gets sent in and I toxicated the Solrock. Claydol used Earthquake again and both my pokémon survived. Next turn I decided to heal up Ancient again and toxic claydol.
    With both opponent's pokémon toxicated I could at least try to toxic stall them with Ancient's bulk. But then suddenly claydol decided to use psychic as well and my team was taken down.

All right, time for some more tedious grinding. Allthough this time I only trained them to 43 because It's boring grinding ^^;

.:3rd Try VS Gym Leader Tate and Liza:.
    3rd time's the charm right? Anyway, this time I decided I wanted light screen up as soon as possible so I decided to start off with Destiny and Prayer. Xatu attacked right from the start this time so Prayer survived its Psychic with ease. Next turn I healed up prayer as I toxicated claydol. Next turn they both attacked Prayer with Psychic, it would of went well if Xatu didn't crit. I sent out Ancient this turn and decided to Ancientpower xatu and use Silver Wind on Claydol with Destiny. Destiny survives the second earthquake but a psychic from Xatu it didn't survive.
    Ancient then takes Xatu down with it's power. I send out Fate in Destiny's steed but since it's slower I decided to switch out for Hero for the prediced ancient power from claydol. I also used secretpower on Claydol which didn't do much and it still survives despite toxic. But since it got low health Tate and Liza will heal it up this turn.
    I focused my attacks on the solrock with HP Ghost and Ancientpower(hoping for stat boost).
    Since light screen is now gone I decided to heal up Ancient and use another ancient power on Solrock.
    They heal up Solrock since I didn't manage to take it down but Ancient gets it's boost I wanted! Yey! Claydol gets taken down by toxic eventually. Ancient finally takes solrock down with ancientpower and I focus my attacks on lunatone with metal claw and hp ghost. Without doing anything lunatone gets taken down as well.
    With nothing to bring out, the claydol gets taken down by Hero and Ancient. Toxic really helped out and I finally got my seventh badge!
    I also got myself a TM Calm Mind.

I'm now currently located in Mossdeep city's pokémon center were my pokémon are fully healed up. =D

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV43 ::HP-Electric::
    ~
    Solarbeam, Hidden Power, Giga Drain, Sunny Day
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV43 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Silver Wind, Light Screen, Toxic
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV43 ::HP-Fighting::
    ~ Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance
    Ancient the Adamant Armaldo:. LV43 ::HP-Dragon::
    ~ Secret Power,
    Ancientpower, Metal Claw, Harden
    Prayer the Bashful Pinsir:. LV43 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Brick Break, Hidden Power, Rock Tomb, Seismic Toss

Hero the Careful Heracross:. LV43 ::HP-Ghost::
    ~ Brick Break, Hidden Power, Counter, Bulk Up

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Updating Now :P
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Okay, I'm updating now. See? *points at status* Sorry for the wait. Really.

EDIT: I'm about halfway through recording things they need to be changed. I need to go to dinner so I'll finish after

EDIT 2: Okay, the only thing I have left is adding usernames that need POkemon sprties or Pokemon sprite updates. This is the hardest and since I need to go somewhere now, it'll be done later or some time tomorrow

Last edited:
    Years
  • Rantis_ proudly presents...

Pokemon Ruby Monotype Bug challenge complete!

Time used: 19:39

Finally, I have managed to beat the Elite Four and the Champion Steven! Actually, Steven helped me because his Skarmory used Toxic against my Heracross. My Heracross's ability is Guts, so it wasn't too hard anymore. The only pokemon which was actually hard to beat was that Skarmory. Then I just healed my Heracross with full restore. Cradily, Armaldo, Metagross, Aggron and the one pokemon which name I just forgot (know it was psychic and ground type, but always forget its name :S), they were all just victims for my Heracross ;).

Pokemons and their levels and movesets

Heracross lvl 55
    Brick Break, Earthquake, Megahorn, Bulk Up

Armaldo lvl 48
    Ancientpower, Water Pulse, Fury Cutter, Metal Claw

Ninjask lvl 43
    Slash, HP Bug, Double Team, Swords Dance

Beautifly lvl 43
    Psychic, Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Silver Wind

BTW. I didn't use Ninjask or Beautifly on my final Elite Four challenge, they just were there if I needed to heal or revive Heracross/Armaldo during a battle :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back