• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/FR/LG/E Glitch Thread

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Okie dokie, Went approved yet another one of my important thread requests.

So, here's pretty much what you can use this thread for:
    • Share your glitches/glitches from other sites with the community here.
    • Discuss said glitches.
    • Discuss why there aren't very many glitches for RSFRLGE. (lol)
    • Ask if there are certain glitches for something you want, I guess.
    So, yeah. :B I don't have any glitches because I'm stoopid, but I'm sure some of you do.

EDIT: Derrr, I really am stoopid. I forgot about the Bad Egg Glitch. Here's the video.

Last edited:

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    All the glitches I encountered.

Well, I encountered a few glitches of my own(Including the walk-through Rose of yours maxx unlimited)

• Well, in Ruby, I saw a video of May(sprite) changing sprites with a Tuber in Slateport Beach!?!
    • In Emerald, Latias was dubbed as a FLYING/PSYCHIC by the mentor in Battle Frontier(The guy with three apprentices... oh.. wait.. and a girl who says: "this place is weird...") for the Gold symbol. (Suppose to be DRAGON, right?)
    • Well, I don't exactly know if this is a glitch but I saw Ex-Champion Steven say: "Since we battled together in "SOOTOPOLIS SPACE CENTER"... I checked Bulbapedia and it says it isn't a glitch...(Suppose to be Mossdeep right?)
    • In Sapphire, while I was hatching a Misdreavus Egg, I thought it would be better if I hatched it in The Cave Of Origin to make Misdrea "special" if you know what I mean... When I did hatch it in the innermost part of the place(There is no sound value right?) The hatching sound of the egg(Similar to the Safari zone in FR/LG) spread to the cave! After the egg hatched, the sound value took it on!
    • In my FR I made Saffron a "ghost town", All I did was press some buttons inside the checkpoint... I forgot though...
    • The Berry Glitch...Well, my Ruby didn't exactly use the Clear out Sales in Lilycove...
    • In my old Emerald and Ruby, I saw Rayquaza's HP go up to +11! Although.... I am pretty much sure those are EV's....

I am pretty sure that's about all the glitches I encountered in my whole GBA gaming career.
    (Sorry for the large fonts though...)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    • In my old Emerald and Ruby, I saw Rayquaza's HP go up to +11! Although.... I am pretty much sure those are EV's....
    Actually, that's the HP stat increasing. You probably battled something with HP EVs to give, and Rayquaza has high HP anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020

Yep, EV's, when I first tried out EV training I killed hundreds of magikarp with a level 20 sableye, when he finally leveled his speed went up by 13.

On topic, isn't there a glitch in ruby and sapphire along the route between pacifidilog town and slateport where it's a land tile, but it pushes you back like the wave tiles, because the tile wasn't set properly?

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
    Glitch in LG

Well as I was playing, I was battling Giovanni.

His Rhyhorn (not sure) was in a status problem, Paralyse (sp).
    When Gio used Full Heal it said "PKMN was woke up" but the pokemon wasnt asleep.>> weird

Another one!

I was in the Digletts cave and I encountered a dugtrio. I was looking for it but then sadly i have no pokeballs.
    Now, I lost to the pokemon (due to low levels) and it said I lost money (forgot how much). I mean, what in the world would a pokemon have any use for my money? >> Whoa...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I was in the Digletts cave and I encountered a dugtrio. I was looking for it but then sadly i have no pokeballs.
    Now, I lost to the pokemon (due to low levels) and it said I lost money (forgot how much). I mean, what in the world would a pokemon have any use for my money? >> Whoa...
    It says, "Dropped $xxx in panic", I think.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    You know the two sailors in the lower level of the Cruise ship you unlock after the Elite Four in R/S/E? I arranged it so that both of them were standing on the same tile at the same time.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Uhh the obvious Emerald Clone glitch, if you don't know it this is how it goes......
    .Go to the PC in the Battle Tower in the Battle Frontier
    .Deposite the chosen clone pokemon or pokemons
    .Save game
    .Withdraw said pokemon or pokemons from PC
    .Talk to the forth lady from the right, the wireless battle girl, I think thats what that booth does
    .Say yes you'd like to save
    .Now this is the critical part, there should be a long pause before you actually begin saving, shut off directly after this pause, before you actually save.
    .If done correctly, there should be your party pokemons, as well as the withdrawn pokemons in your PC, eg. Cloned Pokemons
    .This also allows you to clone items, just have the cloning pokemons hold the disierd items, thats how I stock up on Master Balls
    Well have fun with this glitch/cheat, it rocks, no harmful sideffects, like corrupt data, or loss data, its awsome!!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I'm not sure if this was a glitch, or if i just got lucky, but when i was battling brock (for the second time because i got KOed the first) his onix only hit me once! It used like all if its attacks and attacked at total of 6-10 (bad memory) times, and it only hit with tackle on like the 4-5th hit.
    This just getting lucky or a glitch?
    My charmander was a level under it too.
    I didn't use and accuracy affecting attacks

Back