• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain Dance Team

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011

Rain Dance Team

Deoxys-e
    @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rain Dance
    - Stealth Rock
    - Recover
    - Taunt

Rain Dance Team

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Waterfall
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Brick Break

Rain Dance Team

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Ice Beam

Rain Dance Team

Kingdra @ Leftovers
    EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Surf

Rain Dance Team

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/130 Atk/128 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rain Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hypnosis
    - Explosion

Rain Dance Team

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash

Swampert (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Avalanche
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 204 HP/104 Spd/76 SAtk/124 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Leech Seed

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunder

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I remember battling this team before (SDSubSalac Gatr weak noob)

Anyway, I can't find many weaks, it's solid on paper. Still, things like DDTar can be a problem, unless Swampert comes in on the DD, it'll get 2HKO'd.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    (SDSubSalac Gatr weak noob)

FALSE

The only thing so far that has given me problems was Tyranitar. Choice Band and Dragon Dance both give me problems. I was thinking of putting Hariyama or someone else over Swampert but then I lose Electric resist and gain an ice resist.
    (Four waters on a team and no ice resist)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I would add Toxic Blissey to the list. You can't absorb its status and toxic and toxic spikes in general really rapes this team. Thunder Wave is equally troubling outside of Swampert, but everything else is hit even harder. I mean otherwise I think it's pretty solid.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Having used a Rain Dance team of my own recently, I'd suggest removing Swampert in favor of Dugtrio (which can eliminate the two biggest pains to this team: Blissey and Tyranitar).

Cool as Damp Rock Rain Dance Deoxys is, your team lacks any reliable means of set-up after that. I'd really suggest using something like a Damp Rock Bronzong (which is cool, because it can easily move out to a sweeper with Explosion) over Zapdos.

Other than that, the main Rain Dance sweepers don't really seem to be optimized for the offensive sweeping potential Rain Dance gives. Ludicolo would be probably be better utilized using an offensive moveset over Subseeding, since with three Pokemon dedicated to supporting Rain Dance (assuming you use Dugtrio), you'll need all the muscle you can get.

I leaned towards using a Mixed set to deal with Blissey when I used Kingdra, but I'd at least suggest using Life Orb - Kingdra is there to sweep.

I wouldn't really suggest a Swords Dance Kabutops, since it's really kinda difficult to set up. If the team still has an issue with Toxic and Toxic Spikes, you could get away with replacing Kabutops for Qwilfish, which gets Explosion (always useful for moving in something else and removing problem Pokemon) and insta-removal of Toxic Spikes.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Having used a Rain Dance team of my own recently, I'd suggest removing Swampert in favor of Dugtrio (which can eliminate the two biggest pains to this team: Blissey and Tyranitar).

Cool as Damp Rock Rain Dance Deoxys is, your team lacks any reliable means of set-up after that. I'd really suggest using something like a Damp Rock Bronzong (which is cool, because it can easily move out to a sweeper with Explosion) over Zapdos.

Other than that, the main Rain Dance sweepers don't really seem to be optimized for the offensive sweeping potential Rain Dance gives. Ludicolo would be probably be better utilized using an offensive moveset over Subseeding, since with three Pokemon dedicated to supporting Rain Dance (assuming you use Dugtrio), you'll need all the muscle you can get.

I leaned towards using a Mixed set to deal with Blissey when I used Kingdra, but I'd at least suggest using Life Orb - Kingdra is there to sweep.

I wouldn't really suggest a Swords Dance Kabutops, since it's really kinda difficult to set up. If the team still has an issue with Toxic and Toxic Spikes, you could get away with replacing Kabutops for Qwilfish, which gets Explosion (always useful for moving in something else and removing problem Pokemon) and insta-removal of Toxic Spikes.

Replace Swampert with Dugtrio and Zapdos with Bronzong?
    I've never really had success using Dugtrio
    Zapdos wasn't really helping me with anything except for the resistance to Grass, I'll try Bronzong. but I'll try it.

I'll try out a more sweeper-like Ludicolo.

What would be a good mixed set for Kingdra?

Kabutops has actually been doing great until Stone Edge misses. I'll continue using Kabutops for awhile.

Back