• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
Years
  • This RMT came directly after my Sand Storm love died with Garchomp being Uber. F*** that really >.>

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
    Sassy
    252 Hp / 120 Sp.Def / 100 Atk / 36 Def
    ~ Rain Dance
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Hypnosis

Support, starts rain and puts things to sleep giving me moar time to setup an
    d stuff.

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Modest
    120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
    ~ Rain Dance
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ HP Electric

So so so, Kingdra. Not much to say really.

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Mild
    80 Atk / 252 Sp.atk / 176 Spe
    ~ Cross Chop
    ~ HP ice
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Earthquake

A Nice mixed attacker, likes coming in on Thunder Attacks and just purely loves it when Blissey comes in and T-Waves Kingdra and I like switch and get that spped boost ^.^

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Modest
    152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Rain Dance

This thing will kill you if you can't counter it. Seriously, after I kill your special walls good luck with this.

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    180 HP / 52 Atk / 100 Def / 178 Spe
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Fang
    ~ Waterfall

Ev's give a nice mix between the Bulk and the Power. Speed is enough to outspeed things like Weavile after 1 DD I think. Gives off electric attacks to Electivire, and Rock attacks to Lucario.

Rainy Day. Arr Emm Tee.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Extreme Speed
    ~ Crunch

Lolwhut? Lucario on a rain team? Yep. ^_^
    He comes in nicely on Dragon attacks from things that have scarfs/bands etc. Really there for a late game domination of things. SD Luke. Considering Stone Edge over Crunch here, but then I wont be able to hit Uxie, and Cresselia. :(

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    You should REALLY be leading with Bronzong. Kingdra doesn't have the bulkiness it does, nor does it have the speed to tangle with high tier leads (though, neither does Dong)

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
  • You should REALLY be leading with Bronzong. Kingdra doesn't have the bulkiness it does, nor does it have the speed to tangle with high tier leads (though, neither does Dong)

Leading with Bronzong is kinda meh actually. As soon as they see Rain Dance they will switch to something that sets up. I could use Hypnosis, but that might miss. Kingdra will live through the hit and carry on the sweep. But I understand where you're coming from. Expand on that please?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Leading with Bronzong is kinda meh actually. As soon as they see Rain Dance they will switch to something that sets up. I could use Hypnosis, but that might miss. Kingdra will live through the hit and carry on the sweep. But I understand where you're coming from. Expand on that please?

Thanks for burning my eyes out of my socket ;_;

Kingdra sucks as a lead. It doesn't scare away Azelf or Gengar, it doesn't hurt things like Mence (who OHKO with Draco Meteor) At least Bronzong can scare away the top three with the idea of HP Ice, Reflect/Screen, Hypnosis w/ Lum Berry, etc...

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years

• Thanks for burning my eyes out of my socket ;_;

Kingdra sucks as a lead. It doesn't scare away Azelf or Gengar, it doesn't hurt things like Mence (who OHKO with Draco Meteor) At least Bronzong can scare away the top three with the idea of HP Ice, Reflect/Screen, Hypnosis w/ Lum Berry, etc...

Fine i'll use standard text.. >>

Ok. You are saying Bronzong scares away Flamethrower Azelf and Fire Blast Mence? Lolwhut?
    Gengar might be afraid, but I do not see how Azelf and MixMence will be scared really.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Fine i'll use standard text.. >>

Ok. You are saying Bronzong scares away Flamethrower Azelf and Fire Blast Mence? Lolwhut?
    Gengar might be afraid, but I do not see how Azelf and MixMence will be scared really.

Neither of those attacks OHKO Bronzong =/ If you use Hypnosis that turn, you can sleep them, set up Rain Dance, and then go to Kingdra to OHKO each (unless they get a REAL early wake up, which just screws you over either way)

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
  • Neither of those attacks OHKO Bronzong =/ If you use Hypnosis that turn, you can sleep them, set up Rain Dance, and then go to Kingdra to OHKO each (unless they get a REAL early wake up, which just screws you over either way)

It wont OHKO yeah, but they wont run away that's for sure. Hypnosis misses quite often, and I wouldn't want to be putting my man Rain Dance setter in a situation where Hypnosis just missed and I'm forced to make a switch would I :S?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    It wont OHKO yeah, but they wont run away that's for sure. Hypnosis misses quite often, and I wouldn't want to be putting my man Rain Dance setter in a situation where Hypnosis just missed and I'm forced to make a switch would I :S?

Basing an argument over hax (barring Sand Veil) isn't very strong =/

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • If you're not going to do something because hax might interfere, you are playing the wrong game. When you play, the first thing that comes to mind should be "I'm going to lose due to hax". Picking inferior options (yes, Kingdra sux as a lead. It's slower than most, & it's too fragile) because you're scared of a 30% miss will lead you with more loses.

In short, I second Vance with a lead Bronzong.

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
  • Hax does interfere and sometimes your so called inferior options stand out as safer methods of playing things. But I still understand the logic of bronzong doing better 70% of the time. The odds are still with me.

Bronzong moved to lead.

sims796

Years
  • Rock Slide is weaker than Stone Edge. It's safer than Stone Edge. But it sucks all the same. Certain times, yes, the hax may be crucial, like with Watefall vs Aqua Tail, but in those cases, the more powerful situation doesn't have many positives over the safer method. In your case, Not using Bronzong because of a 30% miss would be alittle silly, considerig the alternative. Kindra is a terrible Rain Dance lead. Beaten by most of the metagame.

But you picked Bronzong, so nevermind, of course.

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
  • Rock Slide is safer than Stone Edge. That reason alone is worth considering playing it really. It's the classic Accuracy vs. Power. With Zong and Kingdra, it becomes clear that Bronzong stands a better chance to sustain the rain + support using sleep early game. Yet with Kingdra, you can run into things that can't hurt you and sweep away, which is less than 30% odds.

Any other comments ^^?

sims796

Years
  • Rock Slide is also garbage because it is very weak. It will fail to KO many things, & it won't have the same damage output. Hell, it won't leave a dent. So you must just about ignore Rock Slide as an option.

As for the team, that Gyarados is easily phazed witout Taunt. With that spread, you aren't as bulky,& things like Hera gives you problems.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Rock Slide is also garbage because it is very weak. It will fail to KO many things, & it won't have the same damage output. Hell, it won't leave a dent. So you must just about ignore Rock Slide as an option.
    Well, that's uh... not true at all.

True, it's usually ignored to Stone Edge, but saying that it shouldn't even be considered is, well, wrong. It's not "very weak". (Although it is somewhat lacking in the power department.)

sims796

Years
  • Well, that's uh... not true at all.

True, it's usually ignored to Stone Edge, but saying that it shouldn't even be considered is, well, wrong. It's not "very weak". (Although it is somewhat lacking in the power department.)

Well, then, tell me what really uses it over Stone Edge. Over VM, as to nopt spam this thread.

Back