• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random facts

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
Years
  • Random Pokemon Facts

-Even though he is the gaurdian of the sea, Lugia is not a water type

-When two Pikachu meet, they lock tails

-In the anime, Tracey's shoes are blue, and his pack is orange

-The only person that can remember Mewtwo is Giovonni, because he was not there when Mewtwo earsed the memories

-In pokemon 2000, Laurence lll is told that Moltres is the first of the birds to catch. This is false, in order, it goes: Articuno, Zapdos, and the Moltres. They go backwards in the movie.

-you have a 12 percent chance of getting a female starter.

-Pikachu is a boy.

-In pokemon 2000, Ash wishes his name was Bob. (jokingly)

-The GS ball we all miss so much has celebi in it. After they decided to make her the star of the 4th movie, it was dropped (this is an actual fact, look it up)

-Bulbasour and Squritle were the pokemon Ash drew into their balls in the first pokemon movie. Brook then carried Vulpix away.

-Pika Pikachu means 'my name is pikachu'

-Charizard and Rhyhorn share the same cry. Between 1st and 2nd generation, it was changed to only be similar.

Got any others? That's all I can think of.

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Random Pokemon Facts

-The only person that can remember Mewtwo is Giovonni, because he was not there when Mewtwo earsed the memories

-Legendary pokemon do not have genders. They are both male and female.

-In pokemon 2000, Laurence lll is told that Moltres is the first of the birds to catch. This is false, in order, it goes: Articuno, Zapdos, and the Moltres. They go backwards in the movie.

-you have a 12 percent chance of getting a male starter. This is due to the fact that more boys were expect to play the game, and they would want their same gender.

-Pikachu is a girl.

-In pokemon 2000, Ash wishes his name was Bob

-The GS ball we all miss so much has celebi in it.

-Bulbasour and Squritle were the pokemon Ash drew into their balls in the first pokemon movie. Brook then carried Vulpix away.

-Charizard and Rhyhorn share the same cry

Statements in red are wrong or questionable.

Latios, Latias, Manaphy, and Heatran would like to have a word with you. Legendary Pokemon can be any gender or have none at all. As for whether the neuter Legendaries have both sexual traits or none at all, that's a separate matter.

I'm going to assume you meant "female starter". The percentage is 12.5, and I think the reason that females are so relatively rare is to impede chain breeding for attacks on a Pokemon you're only supposed to have one of.

Prove it.

Ash was joking in response to such a burden being placed on him (the prophecy mentioned him by name).

Wrong, in the Japanese version of Crystal, the GS Ball is an item that summons Celebi in Ilex Forest. Celebi appears on its own, the Ball doesn't open.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Random Pokemon Facts

-you have a 12 percent chance of getting a male starter. This is due to the fact that more boys were expect to play the game, and they would want their same gender.

-Pikachu is a girl.

Things that are in purple are wrong.

Charizard's cry is similar to Ryhorn's
    You have a higher chance of getting a male. It's 50% chance to make it fair.

Years
  • Ash was joking in response to such a burden being placed on him (the prophecy mentioned him by name).

Here's a random fact: I believe that was only in the dub. In the original, the prophecy did not refer to Ash specifically, but only to an "exceptional trainer".

Here's another...

Latios' dex entry says, "Latios will only open its heart to a Trainer with a compassionate spirit. This Pokémon can fly faster than a jet plane by folding its forelegs to minimize air resistance."

Purugly is faster than Latios.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016

-Pikachu is a girl.

The ones in blue are false.

Mewtwo met the gang in the anime again and didn't erase their memories.
    Tell that to Heatran.
    It was the first one he caught, not the first of the order.
    I think you mean 12% chance of getting a female starter.
    Pikachu was proven to be a boy in the anime when Meowth fell for a female Togepi that Piplup and Pikachu also fell for when she used Attract.
    He only said that jokingly.
    No, it calls Celebi, it doesn't have Celebi in it.​

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

The ones in blue are false.

Mewtwo met the gang in the anime again and didn't erase their memories.
    Tell that to Heatran.
    It was the first one he caught, not the first of the order.
    I think you mean 12% chance of getting a female starter.
    Pikachu was proven to be a boy in the anime when Meowth fell for a female Togepi that Piplup and Pikachu also fell for when she used Attract.
    He only said that jokingly.
    No, it calls Celebi, it doesn't have Celebi in it.​
    My points exactly. Thanks for clarifying them :DD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Seeing as so many people have clarified the incorrect errors, I don't think I need to run over them again for you. Though, I have to add, if one were to watch almost every episode of the anime and play almost ever game with detail and look for facts, you'll find quite a handful; probably more than enough.

I can say though, that some random facts end up contradicting one another somehow or the other. For example, what the game PokéDex may say, the anime might do differently. Even a Pokémon stats may contradict a stated fact in the game.

As for my own Pokémon fact, I'd say it is believed that Clefairies are from outer space. -_-

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I don't understand what the colour of Tracey's shoes and backpack have to do with any thing.

P.S. Pika Pi means Satoshi.

ddemetrius456

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Well ... I have the meager satisfaction of being partly right initially.
    I was ""missing something really obvious.""

KATFiSH

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I've got a random "fact". Jynx's flesh tone used to be black and was later changed to deep purple. The reason being that many people found that offensive, as if Jynx were mocking African American women because they have large lips.

Back