• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Poke Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Hello,

I've been working on this software that scripts image manipulation. I've been using the 151 original pokemon for my demos. Check it out, below are a few samples.

slugbig.png

sluggastly.png

slugsmall.png

These are pretty cool, but the problem is, the pokemon images I'm using were ripped directly from the pokemon.com flash pokedex. The images I want are the Ken Suigimori original 151, not these new ones. I'm talking Red and Blue era. Does anyone have or know where to find good copies of these images? Images like the ones I used above, with good resolution and transparent png?

What I'm looking for is something like this

001ao.png

NOTE: the bulbgarden/bulbapedia and the pldh.net archives will not work. Both of these collections have large numbers of low-res and non-transparent and choppy edges. I want something clean, that I can use like the images I used above.

To entice you to tell me how to find these images, I'll tell you how to get my images. The following perl script will download all 646 pokemon images straight from the pokemon.com flash pokedex. Every image is a high quality transparent png.

Code:
    ($url = sprintf("$base_url/%03d.png", $_)) && `wget '$url'` foreach 0 .. ($base_url = 'http://assets.pokemon.com/static/_ui/img/sections/pokedex/full') && 646;
    If you can not run perl scripts, you just need to manually visit these urls.

But that will take you forever...

I'm considering putting an archive on the internet, but I hesitate, for copyright concerns. If I put it up, I'll post back a link.

Thank you, and enjoy!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bulbgarden and the pldh.net archives do actually have some great, clean original artwork. Some aren't perfectly cropped or clean, but then I think you should actually try and use Google to search for the images that you don't like or think is clean yourself (from the archives or download from pldh). If you don't find any clean images, get Photoshop or GIMP to help you out with making the images transparent or clean.

Also, locking because this isn't original artwork you made. You just used the official Pokemon artwork.

~Leafblade Lock

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back