• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Random pokemon trainer party help

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    hey im making a fan game but when i was testing when i reach the 7th badge city the trainers starting using random pokemon.
    i have used a friend base project.
    the pbs are all ok, when i changed the data/script for another script file it worked fine. so i started removing all the scripts and they started random again.
    so it have to do with base scripts. can anyone help or know what base scripts can alter this?
    thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    hey im making a fan game but when i was testing when i reach the 7th badge city the trainers starting using random pokemon.
    i have used a friend base project.
    the pbs are all ok, when i changed the data/script for another script file it worked fine. so i started removing all the scripts and they started random again.
    so it have to do with base scripts. can anyone help or know what base scripts can alter this?
    thanks

The wiki has all the info about setting up trainer battles, but basically you call the trainer in the pbs file using the proper script. You can basically just copy any trainer script and edit the trainer type and name, other than that you can leave most of it alone, but again the wiki goes into more detail on each specific variable.
    Other than calling it in the script, you need it properly defined in the TrainerTypes pbs and then in the Trainers pbs is where you choose which Pokémon go on the team. Although it shouldn't use just random Pokémon. If the trainer isn't defined properly the battle shouldn't work at all, so my guess is that you're using the same trainer type as well as the same name, resulting in them using the team of a past trainer. But without seeing the events themselves I can't say for sure.

Back