• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Randomized Trainer Teams (RTT)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Tips fedora

Hello there so i saw this Idea in the Relic Castle Suggestions thread and thought it was a pretty cool idea and decided to have a go at it and after a bit of struggling and some good help from Vendily and Maruno it now seems to work.

So special thanks to both of them!

Also credit to Keyacom for the Idea in the Suggestions thread.

How it works:

This Resource enables you to generate random Pokemon Trainer Teams generated out of a pool of Pokemon that you yourself can set.

You can also set an n amount of Pokemon to be randomized into the Trainers Party while adding an n amount of Guaranteed Pokemon to said party.

Config:

Download the script here then unzip it and paste the Randomized Trainer Teams folder into your Plugins folder then proceed by opening the Randomized Trainer Teams.txt/.rb.

If you open up the Randomized Trainer Teams.txt/.rb file you are gonna spot the "Config" at the top of that file.

Inside of that there is the variable NoSoftReset = true if you want all trainers to randomize every time a battle starts set this variable to false.

This means that if you save in front of a Trainer and you start a fight with them their Team is going to be different every time, so you can basically soft-reset until it's an easy team, but it also means the Player can't really make preparations for this fight since it's going to be different each try.

If the variable is set to NoSoftReset = true what it should be when you open it then every Trainer is generated once per save file which means that if you save in front of him his team is gonna stay the same every time.

IMPORTANT:

While adding NumPkmn = n to the Trainer.pbs always add it ABOVE the Pokemon and if you add Guaranteed = n always add it ABOVE the Pokemon and BELOW NumPkmn = n.

Also adding only Guaranteed = n is useless and might break the script it's either only NumPkmn = n or NumPkmn = n and Guaranteed = n together.

Also Guaranteed = n is going from top to bottom so depending on it's value the top 1 to n pokemon can be guaranteed.

If you want to have a normal Team without any randomizing just don't add NumPkmn = n to that Trainer.

Example:

As example here i set NumPkmn to 2 which means the Trainers Party will have 2 random Pokemon out of the list bellow while i set Guaranteed to 1 which means the Pokemon at the top of the List is gonna be guaranteed in the Trainer's Party so in the End the Party is gonna have 3 Pokemon the Guaranteed on top in this case DIGLETT and then 2 more randomly generated Pokemon out of the Pokemon bellow DIGLETT so in this case 2 Pokemon out of : BONSLY, BURMY, WINGULL and ELECTABUZZ.

1646746014582.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Updated the Script!
    Added FL's print method so that you can print the teams into the console by removing a # at line 443.
    Fixed the "Guaranteed Pokemon disappear after you've battled them once until they have no Team left and an error appears"

Added a new Switch called FirstGuaranteed which let's the dev decide if they want the first Pokemon in the listing to be the the guaranteed one continuing downwards for more(Switch on true) or have the last Pokemon be the Guaranteed one continuing upwards for more Pokemon than 1(Switch on false).

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Hi, I have used your plugin for a while and it worked perfectly fine, but now I'm working on a different project, I downloaded the zip and compiled but it doesn't work, I also tried to copy a trainer from the first game and implement it in the second one but still it doesn't work (the same trainer still work perfectly in the first project). Any idea on why this may be happening? The plugin is installed in the game so that I can see it when I load the debug mode but any trainer I have tried has a party of 6 mons.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    Hi! I'm having the same error as above. It doesn't follow the listing at all, and it throws out ALL Pokémon into the team. Someone testing it had to face a Youngster with 7 Pokémon at the first route. Any fixes?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I have used your plugin for a while and it worked perfectly fine, but now I'm working on a different project, I downloaded the zip and compiled but it doesn't work, I also tried to copy a trainer from the first game and implement it in the second one but still it doesn't work (the same trainer still work perfectly in the first project). Any idea on why this may be happening? The plugin is installed in the game so that I can see it when I load the debug mode but any trainer I have tried has a party of 6 mons.

Hi! I'm having the same error as above. It doesn't follow the listing at all, and it throws out ALL Pokémon into the team. Someone testing it had to face a Youngster with 7 Pokémon at the first route. Any fixes?

Any chance you have Essentials Deluxe installed? They aren't compatible.

Back