• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rare Candy!!!!!!!!

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Ok I have wondered this ever since Pokemon's first debute, and I cant find a answer for this never ending seeming question.

Rare Candy of course is rare right, and you can't buy it stores. But when you find it, it has a wrapper around it!!! If it has a wrapper, it must be made somewhere. And if everybody wants these delicious candies, you would think Poke'Marts would buy them to make tons of money from trainers. Well if the destributers of Rare Candy didn't sell them, where do they get the money to make more of them. It doesn't add up. Why would a company make such a great item, but not advertise, or sell it? Is it because every trainer would buy them, and pokemon as we know it would become overpowerfull? What is the answer? I get so annoyed when I find these taunting tasty treats. Are they moking us? Is this some sort of scam. Is there some rare Pokemon that produces this rare substance (wrapper included)? I just don't know. Now, I really don't exspect anybody to know the answer to this question, I'm just putting it out there so people realize things that they may not.

But if anybody has an idea, or answer, or theory about this question that makes me ponder every day, please, let your voice be heard. Reply so that others and I may sleep peacefully tonight, and the next night, and so and so forth.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    The manufacturers could have done what Atari did with bad cartridges: buried them somewhere remote or scattered them to save disposal costs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    In an odd way ... that makes sense.

Cause y'know how Rare Candies don't make your pokemon as strong as those that are trained, well then the manufacturer's must've realised that flaw and tried to get rid of them.

It's either that, or they are to cheap to pay for proper disposal.

Or they candies are contaminated and will destroy your pokemon in a few decades.

It could be anything!

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Maybe they are prototype for an even more powerful form of Rare Candy. But no one bothered to develop it even further.

I hope you know what I'm getting about here.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Maybe the factory exploded and scattered the candy across the globe...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAH, LoL, XD.:laugh:
    I'm sorry, that one made me lauph so hard, AHAHAHAhahahah. That must have been a pretty huge explsosion, bigger than anyother ever witnessed!

I kinda like that other Idea, disposing of the Rare Candies because of flause in the candy itself. It is true that you actually lose more than you gain when you use a Rare Candy. It could be a mistake, or mabye thats how its supposed to be. We need more ideas to fully, and finally make a desicion about Rare Candies.

Kraka-chan, I think I see where your getting at, so your saying that Rare Cadies were, or are still a prototype, that no body decided to develope further. So time takes its toll and Rare Candies become a lost knowledge, with only the fewest of the few remianing to proove the exsistance of such a substance. If, thats true, and when the're all gone, time will turn yet again, and Rare Candies as we know it will become nothing more than a myth. A myth to quench are imaginations thirst.

Last edited:

Matt11

Fanfic Beginner
    Years
    Maybe they have nicotine in them and team rocket buried it so pokemon all over the world would get addicted and would eventually go crazy...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    And another question...

How would the company manage to scatter so many
    candies everywhere, and then trainers just randomly find them?

I mean... its like freaking Easter in the Pokemon world...

"Come on Pikachu, its time to go hunt for rare candy! --
    Hey! Heres one behind this ultra-rare statue that no one
    has supposedly seen for centuries! Cool!!"

Gah..

Matt11

Fanfic Beginner
    Years
    I have another team rocket scheme...

Maybe they put a tracker in each bar so they can follow the rare ones to try and capture them. Ash found one on the first day and thats how team rocket keep finding him. (the tracker gets lodged on to your brain)

Or maybe even they don't plan on releasing it yet as it's not finished but a clumsy worker dropped some laxatives that only worked on people 9not pokemon0 but they didn't want to take that chance...

HOW IS THAT FOR A THEORY?

Years
    There can be many reasons behind it. I usually just tell myself it's just a game name and not everyhting is going to make sense behind what they do and how certain things are in the game(s). Plenty of stories can be made up as to why it is like this. Like some old man makes them every night and has his flying Skarmory drop them off in random places all over the world, or the exploding factory. o.o

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lol, exactly Clix... thats how I look at it too.
    Its a game, not everything needs to make perfect scence...

But the rare candy thing is fun to joke around with... xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mewtwo did it. x3, When it was born, it could do anything, so with that power...it made rare candies for the Pokemon that were powerful, but the powerfulness wasnt unlocked yet.

That is why Mewtwo existed for xx3

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Kraka-chan, I think I see where your getting at, so your saying that Rare Cadies were, or are still a prototype, that no body decided to develope further. So time takes its toll and Rare Candies become a lost knowledge, with only the fewest of the few remianing to proove the exsistance of such a substance. If, thats true, and when the're all gone, time will turn yet again, and Rare Candies as we know it will become nothing more than a myth. A myth to quench are imaginations thirst.
    Yeah... They might even have been made long before the story in the first games.

As for the wrapper, the developer might have been wanting to give away free samples of the candy.

Years
    Lol, I've been wondering this for years... XD It's good to know I'm not crazy and other people analyze this stuff to pieces too.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I used to think that Prof Oak actually asked his assitants to drop the rare candies around the region for me to pick up. XD

Yes, that was a long time ago when I first played Pokemon. Though it could be true. XD Some organisation who runs around and hiding/dropping them where you can find them to see if it works. Now, they are observing the Pokemon who have eaten these candies to see if they show any signs of side effects. Perhaps they think that the side effects won't start to show until years later, so they are still observing and not bothering to market it.

.... XD

Villianous Villager

The World is a Wretched Place
    Years
    Here´s a theory, (I know it´s a game but...) Maybe, years ago, rare candies were sold at markets, they became so popular that people bought them all, one of the ingredients was a very rare fruit or anything else, it extinguished and they broke, some of the trainers that bought them when they were still on sale just lost some candies when they were traveling and that´s why we can find them burried XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    They're a special prize for the Pokemon League Champion or random other people who win contests and they're dropped and forgotten about when their owner(s) is/are travelling around.

Or...IT'S JUST AN ITEM THAT GAMEFREAK DECIDED TO THROW INTO THEIR GAME!!!! Ever see it in the anime? NO.

Back