• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate and comment about my Fire/Fighting deck!

luke_9

Elite
Years
Rate my Deck --> Fire/Fighting

Hi all and thanks for viewing my post. PLEASE COMMENT! =(

*Edited

My Fire/Fighting deck:

Pokémon deck:
3x Torchic (2 from EX Ruby & Sapphire) & (1 from EX Emerald)
2x Combusken (1 from EX Ruby & Sapphire) & (1 from EX Emerald)
2x Blaziken (Both from EX Ruby & Sapphire, but one 100 HP, other 110 HP)

3x Larvitar (All from EX Team Rocket Returns, but 2 is 63/109, other is 62/109)
2x Dark Pupitar (Both from EX Team Rocket Returns)
1x Dark Tyranitar (EX Team Rocket Returns)

3x Growlithe (1 from EX Legend Maker) & (2 from EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)
2x Arcanine (2 from EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)

3x Pidgey (3 from EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)
2x Pidgeotto (2 from EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)
2x Pidgeot (2 from EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)

Trainer:
4x Celio's Network
2x Rare Candy
2x Potion
1x Pokémon Retriever
1x Great Ball

Energy:
13x Fire Energy
10x Fighting Energy
1x Rainbow Energy
1x Double Rainbow Energy

Alright, that's it! My deck is a kind of swarming deck (I think... =P). Swarming, to me, is evolving powerful Pokémon in the early stages of the game to finish your opponent off quickly before he can build up his own powerful Pokémon.

I have four 'Celio's Network' to find Pokemon from the deck to put it into my hand and I have Pidgeot.

Pidgeot's PokéPower, 'Quick Search' is the main source of the "swarming combo". 'Quick Search' allows me to take ANY card from my deck and put it in my hand before I attack, allowing me to find evolution Pokémon, basic Pokémon and energy when I need them.

Dark Pupitar has an attack called 'Explosive Evolution'. 'Explosive Evolution''s effect is "Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance.) Then search your deck for a card that evolves from Dark Pupitar (Which is the awesome Dark Tyranitar which only needs Fighting energies whilst having good damage and PokéBody.) and put it on Dark Pupitar. (This counts as evolving Dark Pupitar.) Shuffle your deck afterward." This alows me to get Dark Tyranitar out fast whilst doing damage to ALL opponent monsters. (Even though 10 damage only... =P) This serves as another way off swarming.

The other Pokémon just does the damage and the other trainers help to get Pokémon out.

Please comment, rate and give tips (<-- Please!) to help improve my deck. Thanks!

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
What sets are these from? The last time there was a Dark Tyranitar was back in Neo (or possibly EX Team Rocket Returns, but I have no idea). If it is the Tyranitar from one of those sets, then this deck isn't tournament legal. :/

Also, please try not to define the cards with their attacks- nobody has any idea what the attacks do. Just post their set name next to the card name.

luke_9

Elite
Years
I'm sorry... Anyway i have edited the Card Sets into the Deck Description. Please rate, give comments and tips on how to improve my deck. Thanks! =D

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
I'm assuming this isn't for tournaments or any form of official play, right?

All I can say is that you need WAY more Supporters and such. Of course, I dunno what was actually used in the EX series, so just look it up yourself.

luke_9

Elite
Years
I don't understand why supporters are so important. Can you name a few cards that might help with my deck and please state their effects. I assume that if you have too many supporters, I might get a little scarce on my energy and Pokémon. Can anyone prove me wrong? =P

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Pokemon is a game of speed. The best decks are able to get everything they need and be completely set up within a few turns. Supporters are the only way to do that: Without them, all you can do is hope for a lucky draw, which simply doesn't cut it when you can only draw once per turn, and when an opponent has a fully charged Active running through all of your unevolved Basics.

God Supporters:

Celio's Network:
It seems you already know this one. :/

Roseanne's Research:
Allows you to search for two in any combination of basic energies and basic Pokemon. Allows you to get set up quickly early game, and keep moving late game.

Professor Oak's Visit:
Draw 3 cards, then put one card from your hand at the bottom of your deck. Great for when you need more cards.

Professor Rowan:
Choose one card from your hand, and shuffle the rest into your deck. Then draw 4 cards. Great for hand refreshment.

If you're worried about running low on Pokemon or Energies, don't be. Most decks only run ~1/3 of the deck Pokemon, and ~1/6-1/4 Energy. The rest are Supporters/Trainers. If you overload on Pokemon and Energy, you'll just wind up drawing cards you don't need. With Supporters, you can get anything you need at any time you want. Plus, be honest, you're NEVER going to use 20 Energies.

Of course, this deck is almost completely illegal, so good luck getting anyone to play you. :/

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
Years
Another good Supporter is Bebe's Resaerch. It lets you search for any Pokemon in your deck then shuffle a card into your deck. It's really good if you're running low on Benched Pokemon.

Back