• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate/help me with my deck?

Tailow_r.a

Music junkie
    Years
    So. I've admitted to never understanding/caring about playing with the collection of PKM cards I have, nor even trading them. I just love collecting them, as well as other collectables. It's been a nerdy passion of mine since Kindergarten.

Anyways, so because I had no internet for like 5 days and had nothing better to do with everything being closed due to holidays, and me not working/no school, I decided to attempt to make a deck... just for fun.
    I know it's probably not correct, but I pray someone will help me with anything they find wrong with it. Before I'd just chose 60 of my best Pokemon, now there are actually trainers and energy cards, LMFAO.

I decided to go with a storm-front type appeal, because most of my favorite pokemon are water and grass.

Observe:

Energy:
    Grass x17
    Water x13
    Colourless x6

Trainers:
    Gambler
    Prof. Oak Research
    Pokedex
    Life Herb
    Switch
    Energy Search
    Potion
    Energy Retrieval

Pokemon:
    Nidorino
    Venusaur
    Ivysaur
    Sceptile
    Grovile
    Beedrill
    Victreebell
    Pinsir
    Blastois
    Gyarados
    Sharpedo
    Dewgong
    Cloyster
    Kyogre
    Abomasnow

In the case of high hit-points and high HP I paid close attention to this. I don't really know if that even makes a difference or not... but I do know none of their hit points are any less than 50.

~+

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Ok, first of all your evolved pokemon do not seem to have their basic stages in the deck, for example you have a dewgong but no seel, blastoise with no squirtle or wartortle, etc. You need to start with a basic pokemon and then evolve it into the next stage.
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/how-to-play/
    This is a demo from the official pokemon site, it should give you an idea of how things work. Have a look at it, and then when you're more familiar with how the game works try revising the deck. One thing I will say is that you have far too many pokemon and energy, if you plan to play this deck against other people you will need more trainers/supporters/stadiums. The official format of the pokemon TCG also does not include cards from all sets, older sets have been rotated from play, but ignore that unless at some point you start thinking about playing competitively.

Back