• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate mt Magma Team

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Houndoom @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

personality:Modest
    -Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Crunch
    -Fire Blast

I used to see alot of these back in G/S/C, but basically I set up with sunny day first if they switch to a water solar beam, if they have a Ninjask or somethin like that I switch to Mightyena anything else Fire blast or crunch it depending on what it is.

Mightyena @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

Personality: Admant
    -Psych up
    -Roar
    -Crunch
    -Return

I made this thing like a pseudo-hazer I've been gettin the best results against Ninjask's I switch in, psych up, then roar around the 2nd or 3rd time they swords dance, they usually baton pass around then, or I can just psych-up then roar the Ninjask out.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
    Rate mt Magma Team

personality:Admant
    -Fire Blast
    -Belly Drum
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

Standard drumlax

Magmar @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Psychic
    -FireBlast
    -Confuse Ray
    -Hp Grass

Ive been doing suprisingly well with this one and it isnt even really that great of a set Im finding I battle alot better with pokemon I like then fugly standards for some reason. Basically just attack whateva with whateva depending on what it is, confuse ray is useful and annoying :)

Umbreon @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

personality: Jolly
    -mean look
    -confuse ray
    -baton pass
    -toxic

I really just made this Umbreon to kill those d*** Blissey's, I switch in to Umbreon, Mean look Blissey, confuse it, Poison it, then Baton Pass to Machamp and cross chop away while its trying to softboil or Aromatherapy.

Machamp @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Cross Chop
    -Fire Blast
    -earthquake
    -rock slide

Pretty Standard

Problems Im having: Choice Band Tauros if anybody has any suggestions for countering it it would be greatly appreciated

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Naas02 said:
    Houndoom @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Crunch
    -Fire Blast

I used to see alot of these back in G/S/C, but basically I set up with sunny day first if they switch to a water solar beam, if they have a Ninjask or somethin like that I switch to Mightyena anything else Fire blast or crunch it depending on what it is.

I guess that's pretty standardish but quite UU. From what I can tell your team is a UU/BL team.

Mightyena @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Psych up
    -Roar
    -Crunch
    -Return

I made this thing like a pseudo-hazer I've been gettin the best results against Ninjask's I switch in, psych up, then roar around the 2nd or 3rd time they swords dance, they usually baton pass around then, or I can just psych-up then roar the Ninjask out.

Okay but maybe you could try some type of boosting berry since this pokemon is all about stat boosting. You have to be careful with pokemon only designed to counter a single pokemon. Why not try a pokemon with an attack that hits twice or more like Bonemerang or Fury Swipes to counter all subs not just Ninjask?

Charizard @ Salac Berry
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Fire Blast
    -Belly Drum
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

Standard drumlax

No, not really standard you need substitute. And you might want HP Flying for STAB.

Magmar @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Psychic
    -FireBlast
    -Confuse Ray
    -Hp Grass

Ive been doing suprisingly well with this one and it isnt even really that great of a set Im finding I battle alot better with pokemon I like then fugly standards for some reason. Basically just attack whateva with whateva depending on what it is, confuse ray is useful and annoying :)
    Again, kinda UU.

Umbreon @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-mean look
    -confuse ray
    -baton pass
    -toxic

I really just made this Umbreon to kill those d*** Blissey's, I switch in to Umbreon, Mean look Blissey, confuse it, Poison it, then Baton Pass to Machamp and cross chop away while its trying to softboil or Aromatherapy.
    I guess its okay but you might want an attacking move or something in case they Sub or something... I'd suggest Return/Double-Edge/Faint Attack (for ghosts) Maybe even Psychic. Your choice.

Machamp @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Cross Chop
    -Fire Blast
    -earthquake
    -rock slide

Pretty Standard
    Nothing to say...

Problems Im having: Choice Band Tauros if anybody has any suggestions for countering it it would be greatly appreciated

Add some type of ghost to the team is your solution to CB Tauros. Gengar is a favorite. A ghost with Levitate is good.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Husk, how the hell are ya :) now whats up with this Solrock thing? please explain

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Naas02 said:
    Houndoom @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Crunch
    -Fire Blast

Mightyena @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Psych up
    -Roar
    -Crunch
    -Return

Charizard @ Salac Berry
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Fire Blast
    -Belly Drum
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

Standard drumlax

drumzard maybe

~Sub
    ~Drum
    ~HP: Fly
    ~EQ

Magmar @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Psychic
    -FireBlast
    -Confuse Ray
    -Hp Grass

I like this Magmar

Sub>Confuse Ray
    Petaya/Salac>Leftovers

Umbreon @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-mean look
    -confuse ray
    -baton pass
    -toxic

Moonlight> Confuse Ray it you want to it Toxic Trap by itself

This thing makes a good starter

Machamp @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Cross Chop
    -Fire Blast
    -earthquake
    -rock slide

Pretty Standard

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Naas02 said:
    Houndoom @ leftovers
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Substitute
    -Reversal
    -Crunch/Pursuit
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Charizard @ Salac Berry
    Rate mt Magma Team

-Fire Blast
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake
    -Focus Punch
    Standard drumlax

I only done the ones I thought could do with a change, since they no longer work in the metagame now (Drumzard, and Houndoom).

Houndoom can take on both Blissey and Skarmory, same with Charizard, but Zard can try taking on Lax and other random things that pop up.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Naas02 said:

husk1442 said:
    solrock> Tauros and CB Salamence

I meant put solrock into the mix if possible

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    I like the magmer set it beats Grasses, Pert, Weezing,

Maybe
    ~Cross Chop
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Psychic
    ~HP: Ghost

Cross Chop is your main move, Fire Blast Skarm, Psychic Weezing, HP: Ghost Ghosts and such

solrock over Machamp

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    I appreciate the advice you guys ;)

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    Solrock EVS in def and att
    Earthquake