• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my brute-force team!

Shuckle

Most Hated Strategist.
    Years
    Aaron5367 said:
    Wow thats a pretty good team! Looks at post above his... Why are you so rude to everyone Shuckle? 9.6/10 I'd have trouble beating it myself!

Thanks,
    Aaron

because I am rude, if you have a problem with it PM me. there is a reason why I have negative reputation.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Shuckle said:
    because I am rude, if you have a problem with it PM me. there is a reason why I have negative reputation.

I'm probably the bigger arse, but I still don't have any red blocks according to the user CP -- yet. You should just turn off the bloody useless blocks like I have.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    DragonKing said:
    True, but they are even stronger than Articuno which is considered a legend. :\

Hyper Beam on Slaking, assuming you don't use Choice Band, can be very useful. Even though it prevents you from substituting that turn, Slaking isn't just a physical sweeper, it can also be used as a tank (good Def, great HP, Amnesia can double Sp Def, knows Slack Off, etc.). Return will only do 151 base damage (102 max + STAB), whereas Hyper Beam will do 225. It's a bigger difference when you factor in STAB. Jshadias, if you'd like to rip my whole team apart, I'll post it for you in a new thread. Just let me know. ;)

Take care,
    David

It's just not worth it when you factor in the extra turn. I could go more indepth but just liken it to a kind of imaginary Wobbuffet for your opponent that appears every time you Hyper Beam. Consider the fact that Wobbuffet is banned in common play and you've got why Hyper Beam Slaking sucks. Also consider that if you do kill something, they can kill you right back easily with a move you are weak too. You are also open to a huge variety of stat-upping moves and moves like Substitute that you'll be giving your opponent at no cost. Its far from worth the extra power.

Slaking should never ever ever be used without Choice Band. Its purpose is to hit very hard once and then switch out, there is no other reason to use it.

And go ahead and post a RMT, I prefer to help people who already have some idea of what they are doing anyways. Trying to explain stuff to people who don't know the basics (well Slaking needing CB is pretty basic...) can get pretty annoying (especially when their english is poor ._.).

Back