• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Emerald Team, BE NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Char makes a better physical sweeper, and this particular charizard, I'm assuming, would have a real louzy s.atk
    ..he did however say no 1-time-use TM's, so go for Fireblast instead.
    Honestly, I didn't really put much effort into the rating here.

Charizard makes a good sweeper if you can predict and get your hp evs right.Other than that it fails, because Blaziken does a better job and it ends up getting walled by milo/swampy/ect.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    Belly drum set worked for me in nb, maybe it can work in-game you just need prediction.

anything can work in-game, but bellyzard link-to-link battles with good players, bellyzard doesn't last long due to all the counters.

Felidire

Bleeding Illusions.
    Years
    Charizard makes a good sweeper if you can predict and get your hp evs right.Other than that it fails, because Blaziken does a better job and it ends up getting walled by milo/swampy/ect.
    My charizard was the starter on LG, has about 300hp, 300spd lol. I don't really want to breed it, or even use one in competitions..

anything can work in-game, but bellyzard link-to-link battles with good players, bellyzard doesn't last long due to all the counters.
    I'd stick with passing BellyDrum to aero. essentially, anything with +6attack is capable of 1hko's, but to me it's the speed that becomes the real issue in the long run. It might not work better in-game, but it'd work alot more often. opponent's EV's/DV's/inability to obtain correct move/s..

Stupid Question, but in a link-match can you sleep 1 pokemon at a time(max). Or all 6?
    I haven't had link match in quite some time, and That does sound pretty cheap.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    My charizard was the starter on LG, has about 300hp, 300spd lol. I don't really want to breed it, or even use one in competitions..

I'd stick with passing BellyDrum to aero. essentially, anything with +6attack is capable of 1hko's, but to me it's the speed that becomes the real issue in the long run. It might not work better in-game, but it'd work alot more often. opponent's EV's/DV's/inability to obtain correct move/s..

Stupid Question, but in a link-match can you sleep 1 pokemon at a time(max). Or all 6?
    I haven't had link match in quite some time, and That does sound pretty cheap.

yes, you can sleep all pokemon in your opponents team.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Anyway, those rules on the guys team is like.. suck? Pointers:

- NEVER put rules which are stupid.
    - NEVER put HM moves other then Surf, unless it's a slave.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Interesting. How to you propose to pass BD to Aerodactyl?

Felidire

Bleeding Illusions.
    Years
    yes, you can sleep all pokemon in your opponents team.

so if you pass agility to a spore/sub smeargle and sleep the opponent, they're pretty much forced to keep the sleeping pokemon in play while you stat-up.

..Veeery cheap, =\

Anyway, those rules on the guys team is like.. suck? Pointers:

- NEVER put rules which are stupid.
    - NEVER put HM moves other then Surf, unless it's a slave.

Rule 1 pretty much screws the whole team over from the beginning.
    Rule 3 isn't a rule it's a statment.
    Rule 7 implies this team is purely in-game, and not link-competitive.

Breeding the right nature isn't anything hard, I don't see why you wouldn't just do that.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010

Breeding the right nature isn't anything hard, I don't see why you wouldn't just do that.

If you like sitting in front of a tiny scrren moving around, wating for my great nature, to magically appear...

Nah, it is hard.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, it is easy. In Emerald, all you have to do is catch a Ditto with the nature you want, have it hold the Everstone, breed it with the species you want, and the baby will have 50% chance of being the same nature as the Ditto. That is MUCH better than the 4% you would otherwise get.

Felidire

Bleeding Illusions.
    Years
    If you like sitting in front of a tiny scrren moving around, wating for my great nature, to magically appear...

Nah, it is hard.
    I spend the past 6-7 days breeding 517 eevee's, just to get one single pokemon. Female, with the right nature, and very nice IV's.
    It's not 'hard', It's 'Time-Consuming' and 'distressing on the fingers'
    My play time jumped from 22hrs to 134hrs. lol

No, it is easy. In Emerald, all you have to do is catch a Ditto with the nature you want, have it hold the Everstone, breed it with the species you want, and the baby will have 50% chance of being the same nature as the Ditto. That is MUCH better than the 4% you would otherwise get.
    It still sucks when you get good IVs on the wrong nature, and really really shít ones with the right nature.
    Breeding in this way actually restricts you in the area of IVbuilding.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is why you IV breed first, and then nature breed. Actually, only the female needs to be the correct nature. It only takes me about 4 or 5 generations to get good IVs and the correct nature/trait.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I spend the past 6-7 days breeding 517 eevee's, just to get one single pokemon. Female, with the right nature, and very nice IV's.
    It's not 'hard', It's 'Time-Consuming' and 'distressing on the fingers'
    My play time jumped from 22hrs to 134hrs. lol

Well as far as breeding goes, I suck compared to that. Maybe its time I review my breeding tactics. But then again, it really starts annoying me when I breed anymore than 6 of a species, because i'm one of those types who feels bad after releasing them.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I would think you would feel worse catching wild Pokes than breeding them and releasing them into the wild. We are spamming up this useless thread though.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Hey, like you said, its a useless thread. Who cares if we're spamming it? XD

But serious this is a sad little noob. I never seen one like this. One of a kind. =/

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    very good very good, where'd you get the feebas?

He either found it on whatever the name of that route is where you can fish the (expletive) things up, or he got it in a trade. Does it really matter all that much?

Anyway, I make no claim to being a serious competitive battler, but I know a bit about it, and I know that Alter_Ego and Shanecdavis are definitely the ones with any sense here. Heed them.

Uuumm... and water pulse is sucky. Yeah.

ainee

~~~rom hacker in training~~~
    Years
    bla bla bla bla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what i can suggest is that she need an emulator and a rom.go in the menu of emulator choose code breaker enter cheats for money tms and enjoy your game

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    this is my Emerald team that I love but I don't want them to have a moveset that I don't like.

This first line screwed you over before anybody even began replying to this thread. Just make a moveset, then. The chances of you finding others who find your liked moveset equally favorable is almost nill. The only ones who would like your movesets are probably noobs. No offense, but it's the truth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back