• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my FR team and give help

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ok finally i got a Larviatar with Dragon Dance. I will try to get a Blasoise with Bold Nature, but is Jolly acceptable for Larvitar? I know that it isn't Admant, but I just HATE hatching eggs that take 10,000 steps. I don't care much about hatching, but it just annoys me. So, is Jolly acceptable?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Well, Jolly is meh IMO. Try your very hardest to, or if all else fails go with Jolly I guess. Its not recommended though. =/

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Uhhh, I just found out that I had a Venasaur in my PC. Is it any good to put on my team? And if it is, could you list a good nature, and moveset for it?
    Thanks for the help

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Venusaur @Leftovers
    Calm Nature (Bold is nice too)
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Synthesis
    -Sludge Bomb

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Lord Mike

Years
  • Relaxed or Sassy with Sludge Bomb. Well, in that set AB you would want Careful or Impish, but the coolest Venasaur IMO...

Venasaur @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Swords Dance
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain / Razor Leaf / Solarbeam

Have a nice day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Um, I thought Swords Dance was on Charizard. Next, what should I replace in my team for Venasaur?

Lord Mike

Years
  • If you don't want to take the fun out of the game using Ubers, get rid of Mewtwo IMO. In the PC of course as a collecters item I guess.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Hm...

I don't know about Mewtwo, as I don't use it as an uber, I use it because it have recovering moves, and that Phychic is something I need to cover Posion types and some others. I guess I could live without Zapdos, because I teached Dragonite Thunderbolt. I guess I could switch Zapdos with Vensaur if you agree...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Lord Mike said:
    Venasaur @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Swords Dance
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain / Razor Leaf / Solarbeam
    Solarbeam is No, and Swords Dance for only one physical attack is also No.

mathrocks12345 said:
    I don't know about Mewtwo, as I don't use it as an uber, I use it because it have recovering moves, and that Phychic is something I need to cover Posion types and some others.
    Alakazam learns Psychic and Recover, and it isn't a cheap uber like Mewtwo. Poison isn't a type you should be worried about anyways.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Aragornbird, can you list any good movesets for venasaur?
    I guess I will just get rid of Mewtwo, or Zapdos, can some people choosed (I can't) for me?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It helps if you read the posts that are in your thread:
    aragornbird said:

Venusaur @Leftovers
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Synthesis
    -Sludge Bomb

Definitely lose Mewtwo. I don't understand your rationalization that you "don't use it as an uber". If you bring it out in a battle, you are. Keep that thing in your PC and only bring it out when you have an all-uber battle with someone else. That will help you become better as a trainer since the crutch is removed and you are left to battle on your own merits.

BTW - Swords Dance on a Poke with one physical move is lol.

Lord Mike

Years
  • Give it Return then, if you want a physical attacking Venasaur that is. Besides, it, like most Grass-types, have a sucky movepool.

Lord Mike

Years
  • shanecdavis said:
    BTW - Swords Dance on a Poke with one physical move is lol.

What's lol is AB putting a -Attack Nature on something that only has one attack when it is physical. Still, Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain, Razor Leaf, or Solarbeam/Sleep Powder/Growth, Leech Seed, Synthesis, or Swords Dance is better.

In general, Calm is stupid with Sludge Bomb, especially when you can have Relaxed/Sassy/Impish/Careful to lower something you don't need as much.

Have a nice day.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Meh, you are putting too much emphasis on Venusaur attacking. That isn't what it is used for. Venusaur is a tank and uses Sludge Bomb merely as a STAB move.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    aragornbird said:

Venusaur @Leftovers
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Synthesis
    -Sludge Bomb

Hm, should I replace leech seed for solarbeam or giga/mega drain? Maybe I could replace Sludge Bomb for that.
    And where do you get sludge bomb?

Lord Mike

Years
  • Look at that guy. ^ No more useless posts for me IMO.

Anyway, this is a "Request A Team Here" thread. The title is pretty much self-explanitory. Request a team, or don't post.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • Lord Mike said:
    What's lol is AB putting a -Attack Nature on something that only has one attack when it is physical.

Okay, so I made a mistake between Calm and Careful.

Btw, YoMama, your posts aren't useless so much as redundant.

mathrocks12345 said:
    Hm, should I replace leech seed for solarbeam or giga/mega drain? Maybe I could replace Sludge Bomb for that.
    And where do you get sludge bomb?

No, keep Leech Seed, that's one of Vensaur's best moves. Never teach Venusaur Solarbeam, that's just something it's not meant to do.
    Sludge Bomb is a TM. You get it at Team Rocket HeadQuarters, on Five Island.

Last edited:
    Back