• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Palkia

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Guys..rate my lvl 100 EV trained Palkia!
    (252 EVs on HP, 252 EVs on Special Attack, 6 on Speed)

Palkia - (Water / Dragon)
    Modest (drains Attack and put into Special Attack)
    Lustrous Orb (boosts Dragon + Water attacks)

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earth Power
    Spacial Rend

Stats:
    HP: 375
    Attack: 225
    Defense: 225
    Special Attack: 424(!!!)
    Special Defense: 258
    Speed: 226

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Team rating threads belong in the Strategies and Movesets forum. I'll move it there for you.

~moved~

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    I suppose noone's interested in a stupid EV trained legendary..T.T.. not even after all the hard spent hours I put into it!

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Guys..rate my lvl 100 EV trained Palkia!
    (252 EVs on HP, 252 EVs on Special Attack, 6 on Speed)

Palkia - (Water / Dragon)
    Modest (drains Attack and put into Special Attack)
    Lustrous Orb (boosts Dragon + Water attacks)

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earth Power
    Spacial Rend

Stats:
    HP: 375
    Attack: 225
    Defense: 225
    Special Attack: 424(!!!)
    Special Defense: 258
    Speed: 226

Hmm, What about Aura Sphere? Because it'll make him a bit more effective agasint normal pokemons, Ice and rock, Such as Regirock, and Regice.

And have you checked what IVs it has?, Also, I suggest getting rid of HP EVs, It doesn't need them, GET Speed EVs. Trust me they support him so much better.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hate to burst your bubble but 424 isn't that amazing for an uber. Palkia can reach 438 SAtk. Having 424 means your SAtk IV is only 18, not particularly outstanding.

It's also REALLY slow. You should have given it at least 218 Speed EVs. This would allow it to outrun neutral Speed Kyogre and Groudon.

Don't put Ice Beam on Palkia. Since it gets STAB on Dragon moves and gets a boost from Lustrous Orb, a 2x supereffective Spatial Rend will do almost as much damage as a 4x supereffective Ice Beam. With a Dragon move that strong, it makes all Ice attacks useless.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Oh thanks..

Question..what ARE IVs and how do I see them? (I'm kinda just getting the hang of the EV thing..now this..)

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    Holy shizzle! While I am not a pokenerd, that freakin' rocks!

Great job!

Now, 'bout that criticism...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You can't see IVs. They're invisible numbers just like EVs. They basically tell you how good each of your stats are (on a scale from 0-31 with 0 being the worst and 31 being the best). They are completely random for each stat for every single Pokemon. Unlike EVs, you cannot control what IVs you get.

If you know your Evs and you know your actual stat, you can calculate your IVs and find out what they are. Search for metalkid.info for the most accurate IV calculator on the internet.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tekei

Meta Gamer
    Years
  • What does IV stand for?

What value?

IV is short for Individual Value if that is what you mean. Aragornbird covered it rather well.
    You read more about it on serebii.net under Game Mechanics

P.S: Can't post URLs yet =( Blame society!

Back