• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RATE MY SCEPTILE!!!!!

Murky

Underworld dweller
Years
  • Yeah i mean this kid is only 13 years old and i doubt he even has a understanding on what EVs and terms like subseeder and special sweeper are.
    Try be a little more understanding with him ^^
    Is he even talking about using him in multiplayer battles?

cooltrainerjeremy

Combusken Fan!
    Years
  • thanx!and i do know that a sweeper is a pokemon who uses strong moves to end battles fast but can someone tell me what ev's and the term subseeder mean i obviosly have no clue!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay...I'll cut down on the "no"s...but can I PLEASE use them every now and again? lol

Anyways, a subseeder is a pokemon that uses substitute and leech seed to annoy the foe. Secptile is one of the most common subseeders with its tremendous speed, as is jumpluff. Roar and whirlwing can break through subs though, which can help get rid of them...but they are extremely annoying to fight if you aren't prepared.

EVs...any good trainer EV trains their pokemon. There are several guides online, including one in a sticky of this forum, so I suggest you look.

Sweepers don't necessarily end battles fast, they are pokemon with high speed and either high special attack (special sweepers), high attack (physical sweepers), or both (mixed sweepers). They are the pokemon that use direct damge moves to harm your foe, but walls often stop them...suck as blissey, who walls special attacks.

Back to subseeders, I'd use the subseeding set for Scepy...it has worked the best, probably why it is standard.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • SubSeed Sceptile goes something like this:

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EV: 252 SpAtt / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Nature: Timid
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw/HP Fire/HP Ice
    Leaf Blade

Thunderpunch for fliers, DClaw for coverage, HP to hurt most anything else.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • SubSeed Sceptile goes something like this:

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw/HP Fire/HP Ice
    Leaf Blade

Thunderpunch for fliers, DClaw for coverage, HP to hurt most anything else.

I'm pretty sure HP ice is standard...maybe HP fire. I'm not sure, but I know that dragon claw hasn't worked well for me.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I've had some success using Dragon Claw, it deals with Kingdra easier. HP Ice is pretty much the standard though. HP Fire hurts Skarm/Forry and either HP type hurts grasses that are immune to Leech Seed. It's all a case of preference, what you want to deal with easier (not that he needs he needs to attack much with Leech Seed)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Yeah i mean this kid is only 13 years old and i doubt he even has a understanding on what EVs and terms like subseeder and special sweeper are.
    But I'm... Twelve years old... 0.0;

What I'm saying is that. Sceptile shouldn't have physical moves. Its a special sweeper.

cooltrainerjeremy

Combusken Fan!
    Years
  • Okay...I'll cut down on the "no"s...but can I PLEASE use them every now and again? lol

Anyways, a subseeder is a pokemon that uses substitute and leech seed to annoy the foe. Secptile is one of the most common subseeders with its tremendous speed, as is jumpluff. Roar and whirlwing can break through subs though, which can help get rid of them...but they are extremely annoying to fight if you aren't prepared.

EVs...any good trainer EV trains their pokemon. There are several guides online, including one in a sticky of this forum, so I suggest you look.

Sweepers don't necessarily end battles fast, they are pokemon with high speed and either high special attack (special sweepers), high attack (physical sweepers), or both (mixed sweepers). They are the pokemon that use direct damge moves to harm your foe, but walls often stop them...suck as blissey, who walls special attacks.

Back to subseeders, I'd use the subseeding set for Scepy...it has worked the best, probably why it is standard.

thanx and my pokemon are lv.50 because i dont use the cloning glitch like everybody else and usually my team is ready an hour after i beat the "weak"4!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • thanx and my pokemon are lv.50 because i dont use the cloning glitch like everybody else and usually my team is ready an hour after i beat the "weak"4!

Umm... not all people with level 100s use cheats and glitches... e_e and cloning doesn't raise levels ...

Since this is in-game, not much help can be given unless you're using this Sceptile for competetive play. You should focus on IVs, EVs, and Natures...

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • That'd be handy if you were using Swords Dance. But not even Physical Sceptile is the best thing to use these days. It's all about SubSeeding or Sp. Sweeping.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • i know what evs are but what are ivs?and final sceptile moveset:leaf blade,arial ace,dragon claw and earthquake!

No, No, No, and No.

Did you not read the movesets we gave you!? Please use those -_-;

I'm really gettin irritated.

There is no Physical Sweeping Sceptile. And half of your moves on Sceptile are physical. god. someone help this kid.

Now lets see how much your Sceptile is messed up.

1) Aerial Ace is physical, and therefore should not be on it.
    2) Earthquake is physical, and therefore should not be on it.
    3) No EVs
    4) No IVs
    5) No Item
    6) Lack of Strategy since Sceptile can't really sweep.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw/HP Fire/HP Ice
    - Leaf Blade

Now lets see how much better this Sceptile is than yours.

1) Item works with Sceptile's strategy.
    2) No physical moves.
    3) Uses EVs
    4) Uses IVs (invisible O_O)
    5) Uses strategy effectively.

Wow, so many benefits.

Now I'm gonna explain SubSeeder's strategy:

Substitute is the key to SubSeeding. First you use it, then Leech Seed will kick in and drain HP from the opponent. You will gain HP recovery. Leftovers helps Sceptile recover more HP. Substitute takes HP from you, right? Well then, Leech Seed + Leftovers gives you an almost free Substitute! Its much better than Aerial Ace, Earthquake XP. The other moves are basically for sweeping purposes... NOW USE.

cooltrainerjeremy

Combusken Fan!
    Years
  • BUT ARIAL ACE GOES GOOD WITH MY SCEPTILE BCUZ I TRAINED IT FOR SPEED EVS I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IVS ARE AND EARTHQUAKE IS FOR FIRE TYPES LIKE BLAZIKEN DUH
    ITS ALOT BETTER THAN DIG OR ROCK TOMB!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Oh my god... someone please tell this guy what he's doing wrong.

Aerial Ace with Speed EVs? What you just said made no sense at all. Aerial Ace on Sceptile will barely do any damage even if it is super-effective

Earthquake is pointless since Fire-types are rare in competetive and Blaziken can easily get OHKO'd with a non-ground attack.

Sceptile will barely do damage with physical moves so instead of being so stubborn, use the moveset we provided >:O

Back