• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team?

xTsutarjax

The Grass Snake Pokemon
    Years
    So a few days ago I reached Indigo Plateau on HeartGold
    Only one problem:more than half of my team had a level lower than 30!
    I'm training the rest right now.
    So,I want you guys to rate my team,suggest what moves they should learn and forget,if some of them will be useless against E4 and Lance(After they train,of course.)etc

Feraligatr lvl 52
    Ability:Torrent
    Item:None
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Slash

Ho-Oh lvl 47
    Ability:Pressure
    Item:Sacred Ash
    Moveset:
    Fly
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    Sacred Fire

Furret lvl 21
    Ability:Keen Eye
    Item:Silk Scarf
    Moveset:
    Headbutt
    Whirlpool
    Shadow Claw
    Cut

Espeon lvl 21
    Ability:Synchronize
    Item:Muscle Band
    Moveset:
    Dig
    Tackle
    Iron Tail
    Sand-Attack

Gyarados lvl 34
    Ability:Intimidate
    Moveset:
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    (Probably I'll have to erase almost all his moves with move deleter)

Ampharos lvl 32
    Ability:Static
    Item:Magnet
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Thunder Wave
    ThunderPunch
    ThunderShock

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    So a few days ago I reached Indigo Plateau on HeartGold
    Only one problem:more than half of my team had a level lower than 30!
    I'm training the rest right now.
    So,I want you guys to rate my team,suggest what moves they should learn and forget,if some of them will be useless against E4 and Lance(After they train,of course.)etc

Feraligatr lvl 52
    Ability:Torrent
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Slash

Feraligatr is particulary good; but I have taught my Feraligatr surf and I noticed that many people say that they think Waterfall is a better match. So, I decided to use waterfall instead of surf and it's worked jut as well. So I suggest teaching Feraligatr.

Any ice type move is essential when defeating Lance without and Ice type pokemon in your team. I used ice fang too, and it did quite a bit of damage, but I think if I tuaght it blizzard even though it has a low accuracy rate; it'd be deadly.

Crunch would do well against Will's phsycic pokemon, but no to so well against Sharon's dark type pokemon.

Ho-Oh lvl 47
    Ability Pressure
    Item:Sacred Ash
    Moveset:
    Fly
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    Sacred Fire

I am questioning fly, since recover is a good moves escpecially if Ho-oh is in a tight situation. I honeslty wouldn't have 2 moves of the same type but since you're not competitive battling - as far as you say - then it isn't such a BIG worry. Keep sunny day, as it will power up Ho-oh's fire moves.

Furret lvl 21
    Ability:Keen Eye
    Item:Silk Scarf
    Moveset:
    Headbutt
    Whirlpool
    Shadow Claw
    Cut

Honestly, I would remove cut and whirlpool and heabutt with attract, agility and giga impact; if it can learn it. (Not sure at the moment, will check later for you.) Extremely needs to be leveled up, once done I think it will stand a chance against the eleite four, just be careful with it against sharon since, once shadow claw's PP runs out you're doomed with my moveset.

Espeon lvl 21
    Ability:Synchronize
    Item:Muscle Band
    Moveset:
    Dig
    Tackle
    Iron Tail
    Sand-Attack

Like with Furret, needs to be leveled up quite a lot. Once leveled up, I suggest making it learn, Phsycic, Iron Tail which you already have, Shadow Ball, Dig which you also already have.

Gyarados lvl 34
    Ability:Intimidate
    Moveset:
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    (Probably I'll have to erase almost all his moves with move deleter)

Get rid of strength and Rock smash as they aren't really good moves and are just handy for travelling. Replace them with Dragon breath, Twister, Dragon pulse, Crunch.

Ampharos lvl 32
    Ability:Static
    Item:Magnet
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Thunder Wave
    ThunderPunch
    ThunderShock

I am not an excpert on training a perfect Ampharos since I have never had one in my team in any game. I think tackle should definately be removed since it is very weak against the E4. Keep thuderwave, and thinderpunch and if you need another electric move (I suggest not), replace Thundershock with Thunderbolt.

I am no expert on teams as my team needs improving itself, but I thought I might use the knowledge other gave me to give to you to help you defeat the Elite Four. Have fun and go get em' :D

Back