• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    Scizor (Impish +Def/-Sp. Atk)
    -Baton Pass
    -Agility
    -Silver Wind
    -Steel Wing

used to setup and pass on the speed to make my sweepers that much quicker. i think this is the _best_ moveset a scizor could have.

Metagross (Adamant +Atk/-Sp. Atk)
    -Agility
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Ball
    -Meteor Mash (over brick break because of STAB, and i like it)

sweeping via agility, think it works out pretty well.

Dragonite (Timid +Spd/-Atk)
    -Agility
    -Haze
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

special sweeper, and haze for all intensive purposes. i could've gone with my blaziken for this, but decided to go with dragonite.

Snorlax (Hasty -Spd/+Def)
    -Rest
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Punch

instead of going with curselax and getting hazed to hell and back, going to go with punchlax.

Milotic (Calm +Sp. Def/-Atk)
    -Mirror Coat
    -Recover
    -Surf
    -Confuse Ray

i never realized how powerful mirror coat could be, and i think this makes a good annoyer, yes?

Tyranitar (Adamant +Atk/-Sp. Atk)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    -Rock Slide

standard tyranitar.

rate this please.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Terribly lots of physical sweepers O.o; crazy. Dragonite's haze contradict its agility, so I'll do something about that. Perhaps a status move like thunderwave... paralyzing the opponent is in a way giving you speed. I don't really like Milotic with confuse ray either personally... just not too useful of a move sometimes. Refresh or ice beam over that in my personal opinion, but it still works.

be sure to post EVs and items next time

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    tyranitar isn't exactly a "sweeper," and other than metagross, who is a physical attacker? scizor can't sweep, neither can sublax. well i guess if you want to be anal with sub snorlax can "sweep," but that's still not saying much.

Years
    for psycial sweeper i sggst giving scizor swords dance, and then replaicng 1 of ur other pokes w/ a psycial sweeper. i think gyarados is perfect for the job.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Nathaniel Essex said:
    tyranitar isn't exactly a "sweeper," and other than metagross, who is a physical attacker? scizor can't sweep, neither can sublax. well i guess if you want to be anal with sub snorlax can "sweep," but that's still not saying much.
    sweep as mentioned, is just the ability to destroy using brute force.

Scizor: base 130 attack, with agility, can certainly sweep very well with STAB Silver Wind and Steel Wing.

Snorlax: seriously, not that many things in the world can stop a Sublax. Use sub once, then they'll know what's coming, yet still can't find that many ways to stop it. That's how painful this monster is. Every sublax if played well pretty much gurantees one opponent dead minimum, usually 2.

Tyranitar- dance, dance, destroy, destroy, and repeat

With such massive ability to physically destroy the opponent, how can this team be "lacking" in physical sweepers? Special sweepers is just Dragonite, which hurts heavily (Milotic having just surf and with a defensive movepool setup + defensive stats is not a special sweeper... at least, not with this moveset)

What are Pokemon who aren't a sweeper then if "every Pokemon can attack in some way or another anyway" then?

-Claydol: can earthquake, and not suck at it, but certainly not enough to destroy the opponents in comparison to say Rhydon using earthquake. Plus, defensive stats + movesets. Earthquake is more like a support.

-Dusclops/Blissey/"seismic toss only"- once again, these "offensive moves" are more like a support.

-and etc etc etc...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    alright, so you're saying i should get rid of a few of the "physical sweepers," probably snorlax. but he's so powerful. =p

if i do that, should i setup my dragonite as tbolt/ice beam/substitute/focus punch? and what should i grab then in snorlax's place, _IF_ i do this. the only thing i can think of is steelix or dusclops. maybe a skarm?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    why? scizor is perfect and took a lot of breeding, and i know i'm keeping metagross. not to mention punchlax is godlike in my eyes. i guess i could do a different final three, but what would you suggest?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Might want to include Items next time:

Scizor: I prefer HP Steel over Steel Wing, but that's just my preference of accuracy over power.

Metagross: You can consider Psychic over Agility for anti-Weezing purposes, or Explosion somewhere (probably over Shadow Ball or Earthquake). HP Steel over Meteor Mash - 135 base Attack is perfectly fine to use HP Steel with to sweep, Meteor Mash missed too often for Metagross sometimes. Maybe that's just when I use it, I dunno.

Dragonite: Suggestions already made for Dragonite are good enough

Snorlax: Sublax is a pain in the backside. Pain Split Weezing (with HP Fighting) can take care of it though (with or without Rest).

Milotic: High Sp Def and Mirror Coat do not go together:

Milotic@Leftovers
    EV: 252 Sp Att, 252 Def, 6 HP
    Nature: + Sp Att, - Sp Def
    Mirror Coat
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Toxic/Confuse Ray/Attract/Recover

There you go, one Mirror Coating Milotic

Tyranitar - consider Taunt for anti-tank purposes:

Tyranitar@Lum Berry
    EV: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 6 Def
    Nature: + Att, - Sp Att
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt/Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Earthquake/Rock Slide/HP Rock
    Aerial Ace/Brick Break/Rock Slide/HP Rock.

If only it could learn Snatch...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    this is on gameboy, not on netbattle. so in order to get HP moves, well it's basically impossible, so i'm stuck with the low accuracy moves. trust me, if i could have hp steel over them i'd do it.

gonna go with this too:

Milotic@Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Defense/6 HP
    Nature: +Sp. Atk/-Sp. Def

Recover
    Mirror Coat
    Ice Beam
    Surf

looks good. now for the last two, still don't know what to do instead of dragonite/tyranitar, think i should keep them or get new toons?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    LOL That was the Milotic moveset I just suggested :-p

Both are perfectly usable Pokemon, so there's no need to get rid of them. Get Taunt on T-tar if you can, and consider Leftovers over Lum Berry.

Back