• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team? :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    I'd appreciate if you could rate my current team (on Platinum) and if you have some moves in mind that I should probably change, please say it! Thank you!

GENGAR
    -Item: Shell bell
    -Lonely nature
    -Ability: levitate
    -Ghost, Poison
    -lv.100
    -Move list: shadow ball, destiny bond, dark pulse, curse

TYPHLOSION
    -Item: Shed shell
    -Quirky nature
    -Ability: blaze
    -Fire
    -lv.83
    -Move list: flamethrower, rock climb, eruption, blast burn

PRIMEAPE
    -Item: Black belt
    -Naive nature
    -Ability: anger point
    -Fight
    -lv.74
    -Move list: punishment, swagger, cross chop, close combat

RAICHU
    -Item: Magnet
    -Lonely nature
    -Ability:static
    -Electr
    -lv.67
    -Move list: thunder, facade, rock smash, thunderbolt

GIRATINA
    -Item: Griseous orb
    -Calm nature
    -Ability: levitate
    -Ghost, Dragon
    -lv.80
    -Move list: shadow claw, heal block, draco meteor, shadow force

QUAGSIRE
    -Item: Mystic water
    -Calm nature
    -Ability: damp
    -Water, Ground
    -lv.88
    -Move list: surf, strength, earthquake, waterfall

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Well, for starters I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a in-game team and not for competitive battling. If this is meant for battling or as well as in-game there is still quite a bit you will need to do to get it to par. First of all, I'm going to put aside that they are not all Lv.100, but I feel as if that's the least of your worries. With a quick glance it looks like a Starmie can do devastating damage to you team (Starmie w/ Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic, Rapid Spin/Ice Beam a.k.a. your basic Starmie move set.) With that said your going to wanna take out Giratina since he is considered illegal. In addition, Shell Bell isn't such a great item as it seams. Try Leftovers as they are better and highly used it the meta game.

For your Gengar...
    Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Move Of Choice
    This is much more common Special Sweeper move set for a typical Gengar.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to come up with move sets with you other Pokemon. Aside from and Genger and Giratina, all you Pokemon are classified under the NU tier, meaning Never Used and they are never used for a reason. That reason being is that they typically can't hold their own against the commonly used OU tier in which Gengar is classified. For you to use NU Pokemon within your party for a competitive battle is only beneficial when fighting in a NU only battle. With this said, there isn't much I could help you with without creating a whole new team for you and salvaging your Gengar. Even if you are interested in creating a NU team your move sets will still need to be revamped as well as you will need to add some Walls a.k.a. Tanks.
    In the long run, I don't mean to bash your team. However, if this team is simply meant for in-game then you should be fine. I will recommend that you don't teach your team Pokemon redundant HMs that simply just take a move slot. For example, I noticed that you Typhlosion knows Rock Climb. You should catch a Pokemon whose only purpose is HM moves. In addition, for future reference, if this team was meant for in-game I believe there is a designated thread for this.
    Good luck with your endeavors.

Years
    Wow. I have to agree with Arms on this. For most of what he has said.
    Although for Gengar I would use; Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Psychic but thats just me personally.

As far as your other team members goes, like was said, alot needs to be done to get them up to scratch, even just for the battle frontier if not for competitive play.
    Your natures are all off to start with and dont suit the pokemons stats. I hate to say it, but if you want to keep those pokemon, you might need to think about breeding for the best natures.
    These are the natures I would use.

Gengar -> Mild/Modest. You want a nature that will benefit its high Sp.Atk. Gengars base Sp.Atk stat is 130 after all.

Typhlosion -> Mild/Modest/Rash. Again you want a nature that will benefit it's Sp.Atk. As for a moveset try this;
    Brick Break/Flamethrower/Swift/Hidden Power Grass/Ice

Primeape -> Adamant. Nuff said. The opposite goes for Primeape, he is obviously a physical attacker so his nature needs to benefit that.
    Earthquake/Close Combat/Thunder Punch/Payback.

Raichu -> Hasty is what I would choose for Raichu to benefit it's higher Speed stat.
    A fairly balanced moveset for Raichu would be something along the lines of;
    Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/Brick Break/Iron Tail.

Quagsire -> Adamant/Naughty is a good nature for Quagsire. It makes use of it's higher Attack stat.
    I'd go with this as a moveset.
    Waterfall/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Rest (note: you will need to have it hold Lum Berry to awaken it from sleeping as soon as using Rest to heal, have a big supply of these berries)

I left out Giratina because like said, it is illegal to use in competitive play. You would have to have a think about what you would like to use as its replacement.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    Thank you for the feedback! All advices are much appreciated, specially since platinum is my very fist pokémon game _ever_. n__n"

Back